Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Threw away the oil restrictor!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  unstable bob 
#1 · (Edited)
Have you ever decided to wrap that important and sorta small little part in a piece of paper towel and set it aside on/near the engine it belongs to, only later to be picking up around the shop and entirely by accident, threw it in the friggin' trash!

Well, that is exactly what I did yesterday, I was putting together a fresh 2.2 turbo bottom end for a friend/customer and after working the entire day, while I was picking up the empty gasket boxes, blue shop paper towels, spent RTV tubes, etc...I inadvertently picked up the piece of paper towel I had wrapped the oil restrictor in and threw the lot of it in the trash. Then just about 15 minutes ago, realizing what I had done I raced to the curb and fished it out, and only a few minutes later the trash truck came and emptied the herbie-curbie.

What a Homer moment that almost was. I had visions of having to follow the truck to the dump and sort through my entire neighborhood's trash to find it!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.