1989 CSX-VNT at Barret Jackson - Page 2 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > General > Discussing Shelbys

Discussing Shelbys Talking about numbered cars and other Shelby models

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #16
Re: 1989 CSX-VNT at Barret Jackson  
Boostaholic

My Ride: SL-CSX-T4/P-RT-57'58
Engine: T234,325hemi413 2x4.
1/4: 0.000

SpiritedShelbys is keeping the peace
If you're into these cars for an investment and hoping that some day the car community will welcome these cars with open arms you're deluding yourselves and missing the entire original point of these cars. If you're hoping to cash out one day I highly recommend getting something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
Level 4 Supporter

My Ride: '87 GLHS #325 & #956
Engine: 2.2 135 C.I.D.
Induct: Turbo

Jim Falco is keeping the peace
My philosophy is:

One for Show
One for Go.

I like the factory correct versions, and modified ones too. so I'm going to do bolt on, reversible mods to #956 only.
#325 is going to be for restoration.

Luckily for all of us, parts & cars are still relatively cheap.
And we're starting to see some here actually making restoration parts.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #18
Boostaholic

My Ride: 89 Shelby CSX
Engine: 2.2 L VNT

dgrun is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
you paid more than $7k for paint! Holy $#!t
yup, that's what life is like here on Long Island, NY. expensive to live here. of course, it was lots of body work, refitting the ground effects, putting on all new weatherstrips, etc. but still alot. I felt like I had been raped, but car looks good.

how much is a good repaint where you live?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
Level 4 Supporter

Paint, especially black, is expensive.
t also depends on if there's parts replacement and bodywork involved.
And also if there car went in disassembled or not.
I spent almost 6k way back in 1998.
But that involved a lot of labor.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:13 AM   #20
Level 3 Supporter

My Ride: 87ShelbyZ 89T Minvan
Engine: 2.2 / 2.5
1/4: 10.590

Ythorse is keeping the peace
We should all b glad theres little but the dedicated cult following these cars have . Consider the rediculous no sorry Stupid prices the other Mopes go 4 . And we can spend a fraction 2 pickup one soup it and run circles around big block cars . Look good doing it and get double the Mpg . I won best in stock at Va. Beach last spring , most didnt even know what a Shelby Daytona was , let alone thought i cut the top off my 78 Ramcharger myself . One last thing does ny one have a contact number 4 Boost Button .Com ???????????
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #21
Level 4 Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ythorse View Post
We should all b glad theres little but the dedicated cult following these cars have . Consider the rediculous no sorry Stupid prices the other Mopes go 4 . And we can spend a fraction 2 pickup one soup it and run circles around big block cars . Look good doing it and get double the Mpg . I won best in stock at Va. Beach last spring , most didnt even know what a Shelby Daytona was , let alone thought i cut the top off my 78 Ramcharger myself . One last thing does ny one have a contact number 4 Boost Button .Com ???????????
And usually go faster too! For much less money.

Case in point: SDAC-5
My first SDAC and there were Viper owners there also.
At the drag race, there was a Shelby charger on nitrous against a brand new 1995 Viper.
Guess who won?
The vipers never showed up after that.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #22
TD New Guy

My Ride: Shelby GLHS #988
Engine: 2.2L

Skyroof is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedShelbys View Post
If you're into these cars for an investment and hoping that some day the car community will welcome these cars with open arms you're deluding yourselves and missing the entire original point of these cars. If you're hoping to cash out one day I highly recommend getting something else.
Well stated.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #23
TD New Guy

My Ride: 87 Shelby GLHS
Engine: 2.2L 16v Masi
1/4: 11.400

16vGLHS is keeping the peace
Does anyone out there have their original MSO from their 89 CSX?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #24
Level 4 Supporter

My Ride: 1989 shelby dakota
Engine: 1989 shelby csx #212

jans6pkrt is keeping the peace
I only spent 1500.00 on my paint and won best of paint at two shows! (1989 CSX) All i did was tear the car down and the shop painted all my stuff perfect and wet sand and buffed...looks awesome...7000.00 is alittle steep but if you are happy thats all that matters
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #25
Boostaholic

My Ride: SL-CSX-T4/P-RT-57'58
Engine: T234,325hemi413 2x4.

SpiritedShelbys is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyroof View Post
Well stated.
Thanks, my only point is that only a handful of these cars (mainly #1's and certain prototypes) will ever be worth anything "considerable." Even the cool prototypes won't be big money cars, they'll never be six figures even at the fool's auction. You can't even get proper restoration parts like weatherstripping and eventually the mechanicals will wear out and Mopar and the vendors will run out of stock. I'd be willing to bet that it's only a matter of time before the SD's get booted completely from the teamshelby site, they're already wonderfully featured at the bottom. 10-20K for a very nice unrestored or restored car won't be a big deal but that's not big money. Enjoy 'em while you've got them.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #26
TD New Guy

BarryC is keeping the peace
I think u might be right but hop ur not. Even though the mainstream population dont know these cars exsist. In my opinion alot more do today than 10 plus years ago when I got into them. the thing i think is cool is that all the people I know that are into shelby turbo dodges are almost always smarter, cooler and out of the box thinking people anyway.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:09 AM   #27
Level 3 Supporter

My Ride: 87ShelbyZ 89T Minvan
Engine: 2.2 / 2.5
1/4: 10.590

Ythorse is keeping the peace
excellent point about parts drying up . go 2 ur local auto parts store and have the clerk just go thru a list of whats still avail 4 these cars . its getting less and less . the latest i ran across is the window tape no longer appears in the available parts list at some suppliers . what do u do when u cant even get ur window up . SUGGESTION stock up on what ull need 2 keep ur toy runnin . dont think the aftermarket will be there not enough money in it.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #28
Garrett Booster

My Ride: GLHS #581/589

Shelbyrich is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedShelbys View Post
Thanks, my only point is that only a handful of these cars (mainly #1's and certain prototypes) will ever be worth anything "considerable." Even the cool prototypes won't be big money cars, they'll never be six figures even at the fool's auction. You can't even get proper restoration parts like weatherstripping and eventually the mechanicals will wear out and Mopar and the vendors will run out of stock. I'd be willing to bet that it's only a matter of time before the SD's get booted completely from the teamshelby site, they're already wonderfully featured at the bottom. 10-20K for a very nice unrestored or restored car won't be a big deal but that's not big money. Enjoy 'em while you've got them.
I was once told the market value of a car is what someone else is willing to pay for it. You are correct parts are going to run out and labour needed to restore these cars is going to be very costly in the near future. Which = the value for a fully restored TD to raise in market value. Pretty soon guys won't be able to grab a TD from the wreckers or an Internet search for under $5k and then dump 5-10k into it to restore and or mod. Finding a unit to restore will become scarce which again will push the value of the TD cars. I don't think the TD's will ever come close to the Shelby Mustangs but they are going to definatley increase in value far past a 10-20k range. I can't see anyone keeping a TD locked away in a vault hoping to cash in one day. That just isn't going to happen. We have the luxury of cheap fun that we can play with. And for the ones that are smart who keep them clean and well preserved I'm certain the $ invested over the years will see a healthy profit should they decide to sell. I love owning such a unique part of Shelby history. It is awesome seeing the faces on those who have no idea what kind of car they are looking at. And even more so is the look on their faces when we blow past them or smoke them on the track. These cars are every bit of Shelby as the Fords. It will be a truly sad day if TDs get the boot from team shelby site as they would be admiting they have no idea what Mr. Shelby's true vision was behind everything he built!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #29
Boostaholic

My Ride: ACR'd peon, Dakota++

Jon Mopar is keeping the peace
There was a time when a ratty old Shelby mustang was hardly worth $2500 (before my time of course). 25yrs ago, Challengers sat in back yards, rotting away...not worth fixing, but not worth trying to sell either. Food for thought.

in 1992, a '69 Charger in decent drivable condition wasn't worth $5k. Before the muscle car boom of the early 00s, I remember passing on a 71 Charger 440 for $11k because it seemed a little steep for a car that had so-so paint. Down the road from it, a guy had a 71 Road Runner, 70 Nova, and 72 Charger 340 Rallye. All were rough, but ran. Take your pick, they were $5k each. We tend to forget that the stuff that's worth so much now, wasn't always.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #30
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1987 GLHS and S/L
Engine: 2.2

glhs0075 is keeping the peace
About the same time (1992 +/-) I passed on a fully restored 1970 Dodge Charger R/T because the guy was asking too much. $12 000.00 CDN.

You're absolutely right Jon Mopar, I rember those days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.