Turbo Dodge Forums banner

CSX on Chasing Classic Cars

5K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  INSATANSSEAT 
#1 ·
did anyone who owns an 89 CSX-VNT happen to see Chasing Classic Cars last night? I used to think Wayne knew what he was talking about, but he found an 89 CSX in a barn in Connecticut, and stated that they were mass-produced and not worth much. He may have been right that it wasn't worth much, but only 500 made is not mass-produced.
no mention of VNT or fiberide wheels, so I guess he doesn't know everything.

any comments?

#2 ·
well, yeah they kinda were massed produced, remember, the cars were made by Chrysler, and Shelby just bought a certain number, made some improvements and stuck his name on them, and numbered the ones he dinked with.

Just like a lot of GLH's and GLHS, were made by Chrysler and Shelby dinked with those to, and then numbered the ones he improved on.

And that white one, looked like a regular shadow or sundance,,,but that red one, looked like the ones made with the fiberide wheels. If i had the money, i would have bought both,,,,and hes kinda right, from like 83 -94 Lee Io****ya, who was head of ChryCo.,made them little throw away cars, thats exactly what they were, and are still called. But no one would realize they would have such a cult following now.

#3 ·
the red one was the 89. the white one was a standard shadow turbo, not interesting.

I've had my 89 CSX since 1989 and, to me at least, it is the most awesome car ever built. I have no. 232/500. the manufacturer plate states that it was built by Shelby in Whittier, CA. mine has Recaro seats and I can't think of a cooler car.

#4 ·
by my measure more than 500 is mass produced

500 is limited production

50 is almost rare

6 IS rare - like the 6 original 66 gt 350 rag tops of which they "built" 12 more of in 80-81

by this a hemi cuda IS NOT rare - just hard to find -- and way way over priced

a ZL1 camero sold here at auction reciently for 172 000
there's a whole lot more hemi cudas built then that car

#6 ·
4 or 6 , 1966 coronet hemi converts with 4 spd ??

592 1970 sattilite converts - found a orig pink one here at the wreaker I used to work at
- 318 white top & bench interior - I hear it got saved , I still have the broadcast sheet for it

or my 66 coronet 500
power window car - one of 300 ish - out of total production of
45 000 66 coronets - all models

#7 ·
As a muscle car guy I can tell you how people think there hemi car is one of 3 and such is total bull. There were thousands of them made and people break them down to color and whether or not they came with floor mats to decide on how rare, stupid. Want a rare hemi car? A Hurst 69 300 convert, only one. That that includes all colors and options.

Those chasing cars guys are fun to watch but there only into what they are into. They know as much about the CSX as they do my 93 Cummins.

#12 ·
If you were in his position would you want to represent anything but the best? He fixes up the car, transports the car, shakes some hands, talks up the car to potential buyers, and walks away with 10%. Some cars he has sold for $10,000,000+, that's $1 million in his pocket for basically nothing. His business is based solely on his reputation, and he isn't going to risk that reputation talking up an 80's Chrysler...

#14 ·
I sent Wayne a email about not throwing us a bone, let you know what I hear back..met him a couple times out at Scottsdale barrett Jackson very nice guy. Very interested to see what he will email back keep you posted.

#15 ·
I found a 70 Sport Fury GT 6 pack car in a rural GA junk yard back in the late 80's. Had the fender tag to that car for years and years. It was a triple black car. The vin # on the dash was blank where the engine code was supposed to be and it had no broadcast sheet, so the fender tag was the only identifying item to let you know it was a 6 pack car. PH23V0. It was slammed in the front end and didn't appear to be salvageable at the time and the engine was gone.Was eventually purchased from some guy in Ohio I think and ended up in Washington. Tracked the owner down eventually and gave him the data plate. Aahhh, hindsight!

#21 ·
looks like someone did some research for the ebay ad for the CSX. too bad it no longer has the fiberides or front air dam. no wonder Wayne couldn't identify it!! lol
I've driven by Wayne's place in CT. He always has some cool cars there, but they're all worth megabucks. I'm keeping my CSX till the day I die, maybe it will be worth something then. I got mine brand new in 1990 (1989 leftover) for 12K (msrp was 18K with the recaro option). I figured I would never be able to get another limited production car for that kind of price, esp. a Shelby, so have kept with my decision to keep it "forever".

too bad the guy that owned the CSX on ebay passed away before he could get his car back together.

#27 ·
He "seems to know" Packards, Cadillacs, Porches, and Ferrari's.
I don't mind a car critic as long as the person doing it knows the car well enough to qualify as one.
His though, was a great example of supreme ignorance with a dash of "I won't waste my time on this" attitude.
He clearly has a narrow group of cars he's interested in.
Specializing is fine, but not while bashing other makes, models, or eras of cars.

#28 ·
Just watched him sell a hacked up '56 Chrysler 300 with UGLY wheels at Barrett Jackson. "All modern Viper chassis underneath" was literally the only detail they gave. I didn't see them open the hood or do the chassis cam at all. Why do these people hate Chrysler products so much???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.