All-Wheel-Drive Dodge Challenger GT Arriving Soon, People Undoubtedly Freaking Out - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

Dodge News & Site News Dodge News and Updates. Only administrators may START threads in this section. All users may participate in threads however.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 12-07-2016, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

1/4: 0.000

All-Wheel-Drive Dodge Challenger GT Arriving Soon, People Undoubtedly Freaking Out

Quote:
In what might be one of the most sacrilegious automotive things that many drivers secretly want, Dodge has confirmed that an all-wheel-drive Dodge Challenger GT will arrive in early 2017.

The 2017 Dodge Challenger GT will become the very first two-door muscle car with AWD, and it will be available at dealerships in the first quarter of 2017 with production starting in January. The newChallenger GT will surely be a hit with muscle car fans who have to deal with inclement weather, with the AWD system turning the coupe into an all-seasons slayer.

The AWD system in the Challenger GT is the same one thatís found in the Charger, which means it has an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect, which means under normal circumstances, the rear wheels are driven with 100 percent of the torque going to the rear axle until the car detects that more traction is needed, at which point it engages the front axle.

Fortunately, the Challenger GT will also come with a Super Trak Pak button that activates launch control and other performance apps. The GT will also feature three-mode ESC with a full-off mode, which means excellent snow donuts.

Unfortunately, the AWD version of the muscle car will not be available with a V8 or a manualtransmission. Power for the Challenger GT will be provided by a 3.6-liter V6 delivering 305 horsepower and 286 pound-feet of torque, which will be sent to all four wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission (paddle shifters are also standard). Fuel economy for the Dodge Challenger GT is estimated to be 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway.

The Challenger GT sits on 19-inch HyperBlack aluminum wheels and all-season performance tires. Projector fog lamps, rear park assist, heated and ventilated front seats, heated/powered tilt and telescopic steering wheel, an 8.4-inch UConnect touchscreen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a backup camera also come standard.

The all-wheel-drive 2017 Dodge Challenger GT will start at $33,395 in the U.S. and $38,545 in Canada (both prices exclude destination fees).
Read more about the All-Wheel-Drive Dodge Challenger GT Arriving Soon, People Undoubtedly Freaking Out at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-07-2016, 10:29 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 86 Turbo Z, 2006 GTO

Re: All-Wheel-Drive Dodge Challenger GT Arriving Soon, People Undoubtedly Freaking Ou

I was excited for this until I read it's only on a V6...wth?! what's the point really. How big could the demand be out there for an awd v6 challenger. Maybe they will turbo charge or supercharge this for v8 performance with a slight weight savings because it has a performance features like super track pack and launch control but no big hp to put to use.
The Pope and Babyboy45 like this.
post #3 of 17 Old 12-09-2016, 06:13 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 2016 Challenger

Re: All-Wheel-Drive Dodge Challenger GT Arriving Soon, People Undoubtedly Freaking Ou

Since when is 305 hp not much? These 3.6l Challengers can beat most of the 1970's era Challengers in the 1/4 mile. I had a 1980 318 Mirada and a 1978 302 Thunderbird and they had something like 120 hp. My 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Turbo Z had what, 174 hp. You guys are spoiled. Now granted, I don't want a Hellcat or anything like that, I am very gas price, mpg sensitive, with that said, my 3.6l Challenger is pretty quick, even if it has a lowly 6.
Babyboy45 likes this.

post #4 of 17 Old 12-09-2016, 01:09 PM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 86 Turbo Z, 2006 GTO

I agree with you that 305 hp is more than sufficient and is undoubtedly fun. However I am a horsepower junkie. The more I can have the better. I am so happy that we are in the age of a horsepower war once again. As a kid in the 80's growing up listening about the good old days of muscle cars from the 60's and early 70's I feel blessed to be the right age this time around. I know I am not alone on the thrill for big power....love it everyday. I like to run with the big dogs. I am not knocking anyone with a V6 Challenger or Charger. Honestly, I am glad they chose to represent mopar and not some import or other make. I am sure you enjoy your car very much and it's nice for sure!
Babyboy45 likes this.
post #5 of 17 Old 12-10-2016, 08:14 AM
TD New Guy

It's nice and it's a Mopar! I'd rather have an R/T, but premium gas and 13 mpg would make me hate the car. Premium is $1.00 gal more than regular and I drive in the city, during rush hour most of the time. Stop and go on city streets with stop lights and daydreaming drivers.

I am surprised they didn't do the AWD option on V8's as well as the 6.
post #6 of 17 Old 12-17-2016, 09:18 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1989 Daytona Shelby
Engine: Dodge 2.2
Induct: Turbo

If you're a true musclecar junkie, on a 1 to 10 list of concerns, miles per gallon comes in somewhere around 11 or 12. Yes 300 horses is a nice ride but bottom line is it's not a V8 and it's definitely not a Hemi. Yes I'm old school and yes I'm narrow minded but I think Dodge dropped the ball on this one. AWD would be awesome with a Hemi.
The Pope and Babyboy45 like this.
post #7 of 17 Old 12-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Super Pope

The V6 actually makes more WHP than a 440 4 barrel in 1970 though lol, but every other LX gets a 5.7. So no excuse....
post #8 of 17 Old 12-31-2016, 03:05 PM
TD New Guy

I got 6.2, 0-60 a couple of days ago, not bad, for a stinking 6 cyl. Can you really tell me that at $5 or $6 per gallon of premium gas, you'd actually not hate a car that costs 40 or 50 cents per mile for gas alone? I have an S10 Blazer that gets 13 mpg and every time I fill it up, I hate it a little more and that's at $2.50 per gallon gas.

But, back to the original issue, yes, they should have made the 5.7l an option for this car.
post #9 of 17 Old 01-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Garrett Booster

My Ride: srt

its a great commercial..
but..
heavy car, small engine.. can't see that option package selling
post #10 of 17 Old 01-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Garrett Booster

Brand new Challenger with 4 studded snow tires,awd, 6 cylinder,,covered with salt and dirt [and all to soon rust], you will be the laughing stock of your neighborhood.
I see new Porsche's in my area covered in salt and grime. I say to myself,,it must be a lease.
When warm weather finally arrives you slap your forehead and say "I coulda had a V8"

Last edited by TurboOmni; 01-01-2017 at 02:40 PM.
post #11 of 17 Old 01-13-2017, 08:02 AM
TD New Guy

OK, they have announced a Challenger Demon that will have more horsepower than the Hellcat and will be AWD. The grumbling about a hemi can stop finally. The only thing left is to complain because SOMETHING is missing somewhere.
post #12 of 17 Old 01-14-2017, 12:18 AM
Garrett Booster

We will see,,,,,,,,
post #13 of 17 Old 01-14-2017, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

still a big fat pig of a car .. just like the old ones but way to much fatter
-At least it doesn't have the same built to price look about it the old ones had
0 interest here sorry Dodge..Err fiat
post #14 of 17 Old 01-28-2017, 06:12 AM
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1989 Daytona Shelby
Engine: Dodge 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveohno View Post
OK, they have announced a Challenger Demon that will have more horsepower than the Hellcat and will be AWD. The grumbling about a hemi can stop finally. The only thing left is to complain because SOMETHING is missing somewhere.
I've read everything I can find on the Demon and nowhere have I read it will be AWD.
post #15 of 17 Old 01-28-2017, 09:51 AM
Garrett Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveohno View Post
The only thing left is to complain because SOMETHING is missing somewhere.

How about the price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page