Holset He341 3.0 Spirit - Page 2 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

Videos of Turbo Dodges in action Submit your hyperlinks to your favorite Turbo Dodge videos

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 Old 07-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Level 4 Supporter

1/4: 0.000

Re: Holset He341 3.0 Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by acannell View Post
wow I cant believe how awesome that engine + turbo sounds

wheres that other video where you've gutted the instrument cluster / tore out the dash and are doing back to back runs on the road bouncing off the rev limiter over and over
found it!

its streetfire.net!

T67 turbo 3.0 SOHC 6g72 Duster burnouts + 0-120mph by GreatDepressionRacing - Car Videos on StreetFire

hey I think all your videos are there and with sound too!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 07-08-2015, 12:27 PM
Level 4 Supporter

"300 ricer battleship lengths" lolllL!!

10:1 Junkyard destroys drag radials and BLOWS UP by GreatDepressionRacing - Car Videos on StreetFire

When will we see another message from GDR with more haunting imagery of the times we live in???
post #18 of 22 Old 07-09-2015, 09:10 PM
TD Extreme User!

My Ride: '88 Shelby Z TII
Engine: 2.2 TII
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 14.284

Plans are in the works... ;)

post #19 of 22 Old 07-15-2015, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
TD Extreme User!

My Ride: 92 Duster
Engine: 3.0
1/4: 11.500

Quote:
wow I cant believe how awesome that engine + turbo sounds

wheres that other video where you've gutted the instrument cluster / tore out the dash and are doing back to back runs on the road bouncing off the rev limiter over and over
This is the video I think of when it comes to rev limiter bouncing. Pushed coolant hard at the end of this since boost was going about 5-6psi higher than it did on the dyno where it was really beyond the limit of the octane available. Took built motor out after this video to put in stocker.

Youtube really screwed up video quality. I see the same video on my great depression racing channel has 240p video while this one is 480p. Still looks messed up after years. The harddrive is toasty right now, I figure it will cost $1k to recover it if I am lucky. I don't think I did the best job of encoding those videos. Too much "lossy" conversion.

92 AP 11.5@125 3.0T
94 AA 12.9@106 3.0T
83 KP61
post #20 of 22 Old 07-15-2015, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
TD Extreme User!

Quote:
found it!

its streetfire.net!

T67 turbo 3.0 SOHC 6g72 Duster burnouts + 0-120mph by GreatDepressionRacing - Car Videos on StreetFire

hey I think all your videos are there and with sound too!!!!
Fun to see those videos messing around in the sketchy racing areas of Utah. I don't know any places like that in Seattle since nobody likes cars here.
post #21 of 22 Old 07-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Level 4 Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
This is the video I think of when it comes to rev limiter bouncing. Pushed coolant hard at the end of this since boost was going about 5-6psi higher than it did on the dyno where it was really beyond the limit of the octane available. Took built motor out after this video to put in stocker.

Youtube really screwed up video quality. I see the same video on my great depression racing channel has 240p video while this one is 480p. Still looks messed up after years. The harddrive is toasty right now, I figure it will cost $1k to recover it if I am lucky. I don't think I did the best job of encoding those videos. Too much "lossy" conversion.
lol yep thats the one!! how far did you have to drive to get to the track and find out it was closed?
post #22 of 22 Old 07-22-2015, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
TD Extreme User!

Quote:
lol yep thats the one!! how far did you have to drive to get to the track and find out it was closed?
We had a hotel next to the track (super 8). Old facebook profile pic shows changing out the radiator in the parking lot.

Real reason we missed the tech by 5 minutes is that the alcohol pump was failing to prime and the car couldnt' even boost since it would lean misfire. Ended up having to take it all apart and goop up some stuff with copper spray using a Q-tip. Taking the car apart while jets flew overhead and 4 wheelers pranced around in the desert, all while looking at the Nascar track accross the street. Took way too long to get the pump working, raced there, and missed tech :(

That alcohol pump was responsible for about 125whp worth of fuel so the car just couldn't boost without it. You can't make much power at 25psi boost on a rising rate regulator without having extreme fuel pump capacity. Probably 120-140psi fuel pressure which means very little flow on a Walbro 255HighPressure. The car was cheating real real bad to make all that power. Longer term I did learn a year ago that the pump should get flipped upside down to help it prime. It was having to pull fluid up from the tank and it couldn't do that when sucking air.

92 AP 11.5@125 3.0T
94 AA 12.9@106 3.0T
83 KP61
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page