92 Caravan master brake cylinder parts, part #s ..help. - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > Chrysler V6 engines

Chrysler V6 engines Discussion area for the 3.3 and 3.8 turbo and non-turbo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
92 Caravan master brake cylinder parts, part #s ..help.  
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 97 Dodge Caravan
Engine: 3.0 Mitsubishi 6G72 V6
Induct: N/A
1/4: 0.000

97TurboCaravan is keeping the peace
Ive got a 92 awd caravan and aside from the master cylinder making a buzz sound when i apply the brakes it leaks a bit from another little cylinder that screws into the master and then the brake line screws into that.

In the first pic it is the black filter looking thing that goes on before the brake line just below the rusty conector on the master, in the second pic it has a barcode on it, just wondering if i can buy this part and what is the name and part # for it.....?
Attached Thumbnails
92 Caravan master brake cylinder parts, part #s ..help.-004.jpg   92 Caravan master brake cylinder parts, part #s ..help.-005.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Re: 92 Caravan master brake cylinder parts, part #s ..help.  
TD Hardcore User!

My Ride: 92 Iroc R/T Red
Engine: TIII

charger R/T is keeping our cars running
post 5 open 92 parts manual check out page 87 and 131.
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...-pdf-82-a.html
did you read my post in your other thread?
Tim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
Garrett Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger R/T View Post
post 5 open 92 parts manual check out page 87 and 131.
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...-pdf-82-a.html
did you read my post in your other thread?
Tim
Man this is awesome, thanks a million......
Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
TD Hardcore User!

your welcome
Old 10-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
Garrett Booster

from what ime told , and from what i can tell the non abs master should replace this dinosour no problem.....if anyone has a pic of a 92 caravan with a 3.3 and non abs please post a pic....
Old 10-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
TD Hardcore User!

I consider non ABS brakes as dinosaur brakes. What is so wrong with the system that you would want to do that much work to change it? I have the same system on my van and the only issues I have had was at 126,000 miles I had to replace the piston assy and pump. At 185,000 miles I replaced the accumulator and last week I turned 200,000 on it. That is all I have done to the ABS part of the system.

The booster and cylinder will bolt on but the brake lines will need alot of reconfiguring to make it work plus the parts manual lists a different brake pedal for ABS and non ABS vans.
Tim
94 Chrysler LeBaron Convertable GTC
92 Plymouth Voyager LE
94 Chrysler Town & Country
66 Dodge Dart GT 273 (needs restored but runs)
Old 10-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
Garrett Booster

Quote:
I consider non ABS brakes as dinosaur brakes. What is so wrong with the system that you would want to do that much work to change it? I have the same system on my van and the only issues I have had was at 126,000 miles I had to replace the piston assy and pump. At 185,000 miles I replaced the accumulator and last week I turned 200,000 on it. That is all I have done to the ABS part of the system.

The booster and cylinder will bolt on but the brake lines will need alot of reconfiguring to make it work plus the parts manual lists a different brake pedal for ABS and non ABS vans.
Tim
there is a buzz coming from the master when you apply the brakes,, there is a proportioning valve that screws into the master and then the rear brake line screws into that, it leaks bad and i cannot buy a replacement so ime thinking at what i can do to still keep and drive this thing......got any ideas....??

and by dinosour i meant being so big and bulky under the hood...
Old 10-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
TD Hardcore User!

are you sure the master cylinder is buzzing and its not the abs pump running right under the master cylinder? It mounts right on top of the trans. If you have a leaking line it will run alot more then it should. Some of the fittings look like they use copper sealing rings to seal the adapters that mount onto the master cylinder. If one of the steel lines is leaking its not to hard to make a new one. The lines at the master are not double flare they are bubble flares. If you can't tackle making a new line a competent local shop should be able to do it. Changing the system to a non ABS system is mostly making new lines. This vans lines are not a direct fit for a non ABS booster master cylinder set up. Can you post a better picture of where the leak is with a nice arrow or finger touching the leak? Also does this buzz also happen when you first turn on the ignition key?
Tim
92 Plymouth Voyager LE
Old 10-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Garrett Booster

good info...... it sounds like the master but could be the pump...Ill get a pic in the am when it light out and the snow stops, blizzard here...and now that you mention it i have heard a buzz when i first turn the key..
Old 10-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
TD Hardcore User!

if you pump the brake pedal before turning the key on the pump will run longer and help id the sound it makes. the pump running is a normal noise on this set up.

Did you read the post I wrote in one of your other threads on this systems operation warranty and fluid check?
Tim
Old 10-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #11
Garrett Booster

Quote:
if you pump the brake pedal before turning the key on the pump will run longer and help id the sound it makes. the pump running is a normal noise on this set up.

Did you read the post I wrote in one of your other threads on this systems operation warranty and fluid check?
Tim
yes i read the other thread, i took my van to the local dodge dealer, they looked it over and those parts they said where fine, they also told me that the recaled parts wouldnt create a leak,... one thing that happened to me today was i hit about 6" of slush and pushed the brake normal, the brake pedal bounced a sec then went hard to the top, i released then pushed it again and it worked like normal.....almost scared me....

off topic here but i just have to add because i live in central bc,,,yesterday we had an earthquake and now a blizzard before halloween,,,those 2 things have never happened in my 36yrs.....
Old 10-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #12
TD Hardcore User!

I must say I am not a big fan of ABS and snow but this systems ABS does operate a bit different them the system on my 94 mini. It activates much quicker then my 94 mini but I have got use to it.

There really isn't a recall just an extended warranty. The seals used on the actuator piston assy wore out quick. When they wore out it would allow the accumulator pressure to bleed off and cause the pump to run too much and then the pump would fail. When the seals got bad enough you would have no brake pedal. When mine failed I drove it to a mall just fine when I came out of the store the brake pedal was on the floor and I had no brakes and both the ABS light and red brake light were on. I ended up getting screwed on the parts because the original extended warranty was 10 yrs 100,000 miles. I did mine right after the warranty was changed to lifetime unlimited mileage. But since there was nothing sent out on the internet like today. The paper bulletin had not made it to the dealer I bought my parts at. When I found out it should have been covered I fought with them. But since they did not fix it I was out of luck. But those parts are still in my van working good.
Tim
92 Plymouth Voyager LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.