P1187 Can Anyone Give Me The Definition Of This Code? - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > SRT4 forum and Turbo Dodge Tech Lounge

SRT4 forum and Turbo Dodge Tech Lounge Help and Discussion area for the for Neon and Caliber SRT4's

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2004, 09:51 PM   #1
P1187 Can Anyone Give Me The Definition Of This Code?  
04BLUESRT

Hey everyone. I had this code and am just wondering what it was. I have searched and searched all different code list's on all different forum's and have yet to come up with a definition to this code. So if anyone can help me on this I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Later

Ed

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2004, 11:07 PM   #2

Boostaholic

1/4: 10.880

tarkus1 is keeping the peace
Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Short Upstream
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2004, 11:50 PM   #3

Naturally Aspirated

My Ride: 1986 Plymouth Horizo
Engine: 2.2 Turbo
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 11.705

contraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better place
That is a BAD situation. Fix this problem immediately. I have seen leading to the complete replacement of the engine harness. Check to make sure you didn't pinch any wires during the exhaust install.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:57 AM   #4

04BLUESRT

tarkus1:

Thank's for the reply, Where did you find that info if you don't mind me asking? And what does this actually mean? I will check the upstream O2 sensor today and see what's up, I guess that is what it is talking about. Any more help or info on this will be appreciated. Thank's

Ed

Old 03-24-2004, 06:24 AM   #5

04BLUESRT

Ok Went out to car to look at the upstream O2 and what do I find? It is toast. It definatly had a short and got toasted. Does anyone have an idea of how much the upstream O2 sensor is? I have been searching the net for a replacement but it look's like I will have to call dealership and get my ass raped on this one!!!

Dam I am pissed

Later

Ed

Old 03-24-2004, 07:46 AM   #6

Boostaholic

1/4: 0.000

GLHS837 is keeping the peace
Depnding on how quick you need it, try Cindy or one of the vendors over at the SRTforums. It's still gonna hurt, but maybe a complimentary KY could get tossed in.
I know forward motion might be able to help also. Since they are in DE, they could hook you up quicker?
Old 03-24-2004, 09:21 AM   #7

04BLUESRT

:big grin: There still might be hope!!! I pulled it out and got a better look at it, Before what looked like to me as it being cooked was only dirt on the wire's. I inspected it good and found nothing except for the wires being all tangled and pinched up. So I straightened all the wires up nicely and reinstalled it, Plugged harness in reset the computer and no code so far. I let the car sit and idle for awhile so if it was an electrical short in the sensor I would think the CEL would come on immediatly. I am going to drive car today and see what happen's. And for anyone that want's to know the upstream O2 only cost's $22.00 so I am going to buy one anyway just incase.

Thank's to everyone that replied.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.