Turbo Dodge Forums banner

98 neon 2.0 sohc swap dohc ecu

Engine 
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wicked93gs 
#1 ·
Hey Guys I just bought a 98 neon with 2.0 sohc auto that the rats chew out the injector wires so I got it fix and got the car runnng with code showing #3 injector misfiring so i did the trouble shooting and the last thing i did was swap the ecu from a 97 neon 2.0 dohc automatic and it fix the #3 injector code.

Now I have no code but code p0134 upstream 02 sensor popping up when car warms up. Is this p0134 because of the dohc ecu throwing more fuel to my sohc injectors. Thanks

#3 ·
The DOHC ECU is NOT the same...however it will run a SOHC engine in the short term, but the fuel and timing tables are different for DOHC ECUs, get a different SOHC when you get a chance...dont want to risk damage to the engine.

Now...that being said, its my own personal belief that you will be just fine with a DOHC ECU, I used a SOHC ecu to run a 2.4 swap in one of my neons for months with no issues, including going all the way to redline several times, but then..the SOHC is a more conservative tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.