Wheels and Spoiler for SRT-4 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > SRT4 forum and Turbo Dodge Tech Lounge

SRT4 forum and Turbo Dodge Tech Lounge Help and Discussion area for the for Neon and Caliber SRT4's

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
Wheels and Spoiler for SRT-4  
Hybrid Booster

1/4: 0.000

ScottD is keeping the peace
I like the stock wheels on my SRT-4 but was thinking about doing something different to make it stand out a bit more.

I have a set of NOS 16" pumpers and caps. What are people's opinions on how those would look on the car?

I've looked at several sets of aftermarket wheels and can't find anything that doesn't look overtly ricey to me.

Also, anyone know where I can find an E-blue SXT spoiler? The stock spoiler draws too much attention from the fuzz. There are aftermarket ones on ebay but I want something I can be assured is a direct bolt in. Mopar sells them but they're $200 and they aren't painted, only primered!

Scott
86 GLHS #408
89 Daytona C/S competition package
91 Daytona C/S competition package
92 Spirit R/T
01 Impala police interceptor
04 SRT-4 (Electric Blue)
Walkersville, MD
86 GLHS #408
92 Spirit R/T
04 SRT-4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2005, 01:03 PM   #2

Hybrid Booster

My Ride: 86 GLHS #163

sy2206 is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD
I like the stock wheels on my SRT-4 but was thinking about doing something different to make it stand out a bit more. I have a set of NOS 16" pumpers and caps. What are people's opinions on how those would look on the car? I've looked at several sets of aftermarket wheels and can't find anything that doesn't look overtly ricey to me.
As you stated, everyone has their own opinion, but I don't think pumpers would look good on an SRT. Furthermore, I highly doubt they'll clear the brakes. You could try it I guess, but I think you'll run into clearence problems with the front calipers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2005, 01:03 PM   #3

Boostaholic

My Ride: 2003 SRT-4
Engine: 2.4 DOHC Turbo
Induct: Turbo

TurboGLH is keeping the peace
I think a few srt guys have found wings by offering to trade with someone on neons.org. Enough ricers out there that want a big wing on their sxt. I didn't want to get ride of the stock wing, so I bought a used black decklid from a 2nd gen plymouth and put the stock decklid/wing in my basement.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #4

Naturally Aspirated

My Ride: 1986 Plymouth Horizo
Engine: 2.2 Turbo
1/4: 11.705

contraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better place
Check to see that the pumpers will fit over your calipers. Im not sure they will. It's not a matter of diameter of the rim, its more that it has enough clearance to clear the caliper brackets, which stick out pretty far from the face of the rotor.

I would go with something aftermarket myself. the SRT can benefit greatly from a 7" wide wheel, even with the stock tires.

If you are willing to trade for your old one, many people on Neons.org will be willing to trade their SXT spoiler for your SRT spoiler.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #5

Boostaholic

bill2 is keeping the peace
edit
Old 08-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #6

Boostaholic

bill2 is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by contraption22
I would go with something aftermarket myself. the SRT can benefit greatly from a 7" wide wheel, even with the stock tires.
, I wish someone would make a wheel that looks identical to stock but 7".
Old 08-08-2005, 02:05 PM   #7

Naturally Aspirated

contraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better placecontraption22 is making this site a better place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2
, I wish someone would make a wheel that looks identical to stock but 7".
They used to. The wheels on the 2001 SRT-4 concept car were made by either TSW or Enkei, I cannot remember now. They look very close to the production wheels. However the spoles stick out pretty far from the rim, inviting easy curb damage and scratches.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:25 PM   #8

Hybrid Booster

Being an anal retentive kind of guy, I'd like to keep the stock wing for the sake of originality, just to have it down the road. I've been scouring e-bay with no luck either, there was an SXT wing on there this week but it was red and I don't want to go through having one painted if I can avoid it.

Where are some good sources for aftermarket wheels? I've checked out Tire Rack and Discount Tire, but haven't seen anything else on line that seems to be a reliable vendor.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:26 PM   #9

Naturally Aspirated

I wouldnt trust anybody but Discount Tire Direct or Tire Rack to buy online. I will PM you with a list of wheels I can get here at the speed shop. I will do the best I can for you on pricing.

I did some checking.. the wheels I have on my SRT are discontinued. I just called the warehouse and ordered the last one they had at $42. 72% off. I figured i would get it in case i curb or bend one.

Let me know if you are interested in any American Racing, Motegi, or Konig wheels. Personally i think the Konig "Holes" in black would look awesome on your blue car. They were my first choice for mine, but were unavailable in 5 lug at the time.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #10

Hybrid Booster

Mike,

Here are some American Racing and Konig wheels I liked. I'm looking at 17x7s.

AR Series 388 (Painted Silver)
AR Type SR (Painted Silver)
Konig Hurry (Quicksilver)
Konig Next (Silver)

Can you get pricing on these? Thanks!

Scott
Old 08-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #11

Boostaholic

My Ride: '04 SRT-4, '87 CSX
Engine: 2.4L I4
1/4: 13.396

CSX321 is keeping the peace
I got my painted SXT spoiler from spoilerdepot.com. They usually also sell them through eBay for a little less than list price. Here's an auction they have going now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAINT...92364503QQrdZ1
They have all the paint codes for SRT-4s, and I'm happy with the one I got from them.

Pumpers are supposed to be the only TD wheels that will clear the SRT-4 brakes. Don't know how it would look, but it would probably be fine.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #12

Boostaholic

My Ride: 86 GLHT
Engine: 2.5L
1/4: 12.130

Keith Alto is keeping the peace
If my memory serves me correct, "Ndswings" ran pumpers on his
car when he raced it.

Edit: Here was the thread.
lapeer dragway today

Pic doesen't work anymore though.

Last edited by Keith Alto; 08-09-2005 at 06:50 PM..
Old 08-10-2005, 12:56 AM   #13

Hybrid Booster

PentastarTurbo needs to improve one's behavior
I saw a silver SRT4 on 16" pumpers at a car show.. talked to the guy a little while and he used to have a daytona and a glhs.. no spacers, direct bolt on that didnt contact the caliper..

He traded trunk lids with a base model owner because hes the man "anti spoiler" :)
Old 08-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #14

Naturally Aspirated

There was a silver 2nd Gen R/T at SDAC 15 that had pumpers on it.. It didnt look quite right in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #15

Hybrid Booster

David - was the SXT spoiler from Spoiler Depot a direct bolt on? Meaning no drilling in the trunk, you could use the factory holes? That is my biggest fear with an aftermarket spoiler, the ones on ebay seem questionable in that regard in some cases.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.