My experience with the Holset HE351CW - Page 4 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > Turbo III

Turbo III Help with turbo III cars

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #46
Re: My experience with the Holset HE351CW  
[X]treme Aggression

My Ride: Spirit R/T
Engine: T3, Alky+Holset he351cw
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

[X]treme R/T is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
Well, no turbo's lifespan is indefinite, regardless of care. 4K is not a lot of miles for a turbo unless it's from China.

That said the He351 is a great turbo! You should definitely open up the WG hole in the turbine so that you can control boost better and get less than 18-20psi. The stock hole is way to small for our application. I believe Jackson has a Jig set-up just for this purpose. If I did another He351 I would definitely cut the 90 elbow off the compressor and reclock it like Shadow did on his CLients TIII L-body.
well obviously its not indefinite, but it will more then likely outlive the car.

we have a semi at the farm (1993 peterbuilt) with ~2.9 million miles on it, factory stock holset turbo yet ><

yeah with my valve closed all the way, the lowest boost i can make with the 351 at WoT is ~18psi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #47
TD Extreme User!

My Ride: '88 Shelby Z TII
Engine: 2.2 TII
1/4: 14.284

Reaper1 is keeping our cars running
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerR/T View Post
This explains a little of why they spool faster..

Holset Turbo Specs. HY, HX, H1C/WH1C, H1E/WH1E - D-series.org
LOL...they link "the other site" in their thread for Holset info!! LMAO!!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #48
Boostaholic

My Ride: 91 Spirit R/T,
Engine: 2.2 TIII
1/4: 14.800

rx2mazda is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by [X]treme R/T View Post

yeah with my valve closed all the way, the lowest boost i can make with the 351 at WoT is ~18psi.
I had the same issue before porting it, after I was able to get down to 13psi. While it was fun at 18psi, I like running low boost when I don't need the power....less wear on all parts. I run about 8psi regularly and 20psi on my street cal if I flip the switch.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #49
Boostaholic

My Ride: 86 GLHT
Engine: 2.5L
1/4: 12.130

Keith Alto is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerman23 View Post
is it possible to run a holset on an 8v?
unfortunatly im selling my R/T and i still have my mint 87 tona z .. that would be awsome to put this on.. IF it would fit.
Yep.
Even in an Omni!
Attached Thumbnails
My experience with the Holset HE351CW-installed-1.jpg   My experience with the Holset HE351CW-installed-2.jpg  
Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #50
Boostaholic

My Ride: 92 Spirit R/T
Engine: T-lll
Induct: Turbo + Nitrous
1/4: 13.100

440dart is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by [X]treme R/T View Post
well obviously its not indefinite, but it will more then likely outlive the car.

we have a semi at the farm (1993 peterbuilt) with ~2.9 million miles on it, factory stock holset turbo yet ><

I run a sc61 on my r/t but the holset are some nasty stout turbos we have a 90 dodge towtruck with 1.3 mill and a 05 dodge with 580k a 04 with 460k both running tuners, the 05 makes 38-40psi all day long but you can tell its getting worn as it no longer makes the high pitched wistle that it use to but it weighs 14k emtpy and regularly tows 28k+ with the tuner set on kill useing edge juice for guages and defueling the holset is barely wakeing up at 25psi my sc61 is slightly larger then a holset and at 25psi vs the normal 20psi i run was insane 3rd gear wheel spin like on ice. I can get wheel spin in 3rd at 20psi but not till the very end of my powerband and 25 was violent like it was on ice very funn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.