SRT4 pistons and rods - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > 16v Conversion

16v Conversion Converting to 16V status

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
SRT4 pistons and rods  
Garrett Booster

1/4: 0.000

BoostedSC is keeping the peace
Anybody running this combo in a hybrid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
Re: SRT4 pistons and rods  
Level 2 Supporter

My Ride: CSX/Omni/Shel-Dak
Engine: 5.2 & 2.2 turbo
Induct: Turbo

dragbaron is keeping the peace
I'm guessing that won't work in a 2.2/2.5 block. People are getting the SRT4 pistons and rods and putting them in earlier 2.4 blocks, I believe it's because those don't have the big oil drains in the back of the block. This makes bolting in the 2.2/2.5 starter easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
Super Pope

The Pope has really helped outThe Pope has really helped out
could work, however the stroke difference would make for a big drop in compression alone. Also don't know about deck height.

The issue is most everything is dealt with in size and compression height with the pistons, any real changes. The rods though you can use, but there isn't much difference between them and 2.4 people have used the 2.5 rods for ever.

Also using the stock pistons are cheap, going to an over bore piston is more money. People are getting low mileage 2.4 NA engines for this, little different than a beat on 25 year old short block 2.2.

84 DC Shelby Rampage
86 GLHS 76
89 CSX 187
92 2.5 Turbo ES Shadow Convertable
70 R/T SE Challenger, supercharged 340
05 PT GT
93 Cummins

Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
TD Extreme User!

My Ride: 2013 Veloster Turbo
Engine: 1.6L Turbo w/ Intercooler

1983Rampage is keeping the peace
I was looking at this as well when I was working on my 2.5l block. I never was able to get information on it since I got rid of the project. But I was always curious about the wrist pin height of the 2.4l Turbo piston.

Main reason I was looking at using them for the hybrid was the availability of the forged 2.4l turbo pistons and no need to machine the rods. Just all together a little bit easier.

I hope you find something out because if I do end up getting another TD, I am still looking at doing a build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.