VNT turbos on ebay - Page 4 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > VNT & Other Turbo Vehicles

VNT & Other Turbo Vehicles Help for VNT cars & other turbocharged vehicle technical section.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #46
Re: VNT turbos on ebay  
Level 2 Supporter

My Ride: CSX/Omni/Shel-Dak
Engine: 5.2 & 2.2 turbo
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

dragbaron is keeping the peace
Update: This issue has been resolved! Got my replacement turbo today from Turbos R Us! Things couldn't have went smoother, in my opinion. I have no problems recommending him to others, cause if there is a problem, they seem to fix it quickly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #47
Boostaholic

My Ride: Daytona Shelby VNT
Engine: 2.2

TurboDodge is keeping the peace
Here is a pic of the turbo after removal(2,100 miles of use), with obvious signs of oil seal failure.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #48
Level 2 Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDodge View Post
I just got an email from James Nimmo that said, "Call me about your turbo". I tried calling but he was out of the shop I believe. I'll report back when I find out what he has to say. I must say I am curious.
That's interesting. Makes you wonder what could be up that a direct call has to made, instead of just emailing you.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #49
Boostaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbaron View Post
That's interesting. Makes you wonder what could be up that a direct call has to made, instead of just emailing you.
No kidding...no questions asked about yours that was completely destroyed...but he needs to speak with me about mine that apparently just has seal failure(s) and a little slop in the shaft? I sent the turbo with the oil/coolant fittings removed and also the vane actuator can removed because I had to swap them onto the T28 turbo I bought and installed to get my car back on the road. Maybe he is just wondering about the absence of those items? I am positive I didn't cause the failure from improper use or install. Among being installed on a rebuilt engine, ALL NOS feed/return lines were used and the intake/airbox setup was thoroughly cleaned, was stock, and obviously a new air filter was used. The problem(s) lie in the turbo unit.

"One day you'll realize, even professionals learn something new everyday"

Last edited by TurboDodge; 01-01-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Old 12-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #50
Level 2 Supporter

The missing parts may be why he wants you to call, especially if you didn't tell him about it before.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #51
Boostaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbaron View Post
The missing parts may be why he wants you to call, especially if you didn't tell him about it before.
This was the reason for the phone call request. All is great. He just wanted to know that I had removed those parts and also just wanted to explain the reason for the failure(debris found). Really nice guy on the phone, good communication, and he already has the turbo on it's way back to me w/ a tracking number given. He also installed another set of oil/coolant fittings. Excellent.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #52
Level 2 Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDodge View Post
This was the reason for the phone call request. All is great. He just wanted to know that I had removed those parts and also just wanted to explain the reason for the failure(debris found). Really nice guy on the phone, good communication, and he already has the turbo on it's way back to me w/ a tracking number given. He also installed another set of oil/coolant fittings. Excellent.
Good to hear!

I'm glad this all turned out good in the end, for both of us! What are your plans for the replacement turbo, now that you have already installed something else on your car? Since I stuck a regular Garrett on my CSX, I may sell this one. I do have another factory VNT car('90 Lebaron GTC) that doesn't have a VNT either, but it also doesn't have a motor in it!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #53
Boostaholic

Not sure yet what my plans are for the VNT-25 unit. The VNT-28 I just installed is a low mile unit and is in excellent condition. But it may be the reason for the over boost problem I now have. I can't live with the over boosting so I may go back to the VNT-25. BUT, I also installed a larger FMIC at the same time I installed the VNT-28. So I haven't yet determined which mod is the cause of the over boosting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.