1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z C/S VS 1984 Chrysler Laser XE which will it be? - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > VNT & Other Turbo Vehicles

VNT & Other Turbo Vehicles Help for VNT cars & other turbocharged vehicle technical section.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Exclamation 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z C/S VS 1984 Chrysler Laser XE which will it be?  
Hybrid Booster

1/4: 0.000

DodgeG24Man is keeping the peace
I have a delema on my hands ( This has been going on for the past 2 weeks now )I currently have a 86 Daytona Turbo Z C/S and someone else has a 84 Laser XE both cars are in really nice condition. This other fella is strongly interested in my 86 Turbo Z C/S and has offered me as a trade his mint 84 Laser XE + 3.500.00 cash for my 86 Turbo Z C/S and I'm caught in a bit of a delema should I or shouldn't I trade cars? Here's a bit of extra info on the cars. ( I do like the Laser XE's Gunmetal Blue color more then the Flash Red and with only 3 years of production it's value will surly be worth a lot as they get rarer as forcasted by an automoblie magazine yet I like the Daytona Turbo Z for the T-tops and appearance and handling and first year of the C/S package also deemed to be highly collectable )

1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z C/S ( My Car )
Ext Color: Flash Red
Int Color: Black Leather w/power drivers seat incl Lumbar and Thigh and wings
Mileage : 55.000 miles or 90.000 kms ( Acuall mileage confirmed by work order docs and Chrysler dealer )
Options : Automatic Transmission
T-top
A/C ( working )
Leather seats
Power Windows
Power Mirrors
Power Door Locks
Power Seat
Tilt Steering
Cruise Control
Digital Gauge package ( Gauges, Navigator , Message Center )
Voice Syth
AM/FM Cassette w/ 5 Band EQ
Rear wash/wipe
Rear Defrost
Deluxe Cargo area treatment package w/ Tonneu Cover
Overall condition 7.5 out of 10
Rust 0%
Accidents 0
Previous owners 1
Original factory setup condition with no mods

1984 Chrysler Laser XE ( Turbo ) ( His Car )
Ext Color : Gunmetal Blue with Radiant Silver accent stripes
Int Color : Black and white Checker board pattern seats w/ Power drivers seat
Mileage : 16.851 miles or 27.119 kms ( Acuall mileage confirmed by Chrysler dealer )
Options : Automatic Transmission
Turbo charged 2.2L eng
A/C ( working )
Factory Sunroof
Power Windows
Power Mirrors
Power Door Locks
Power Seat
Tilt Steering
Cruise Control
Digital Gauge package ( Gauges, Navigator , Message Center )
Voice Syth
AM/FM Cassette with rear amp option
Rear wash/wipe
Rear Defrost
Deluxe Cargo area treatment package w/ Tonneu Cover
Overall condition 9.5 out of 10
Rust 0%
Accidents 0
Previous owners 0 (Original owner car since purchase )
Original factory setup condition with no mods

So the question should I or shouldn't I?
Do you think a trade for the 84 Laser XE plus 3.500 cash ideal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
Re: 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z C/S VS 1984 Chrysler Laser XE which will it be?  
Level 4 Supporter

My Ride: 86 Laser XT
Engine: 2.2 T1

sparky305 is keeping the peace
Wow, I wish I had that problem. lol What are the production #s for cars with the checkerboard seats? Is the XE dressed with the lower trim and side moldings? What wheels does it have? It really boils down to your personal likes, I believe. Not matter what, it is hard to believe that a more rare Laser would be as valuable as a similar Daytona just the name association. I can't tell you what matters more to you, but I started with a Laser and have always LOVED those checkered seats and trim. If you think you might regret it, you probably shouldn't do it. No sense kickin' yourself in the rear later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 1987 GLHS and S/L
Engine: 2.2
Induct: Turbo

glhs0075 is keeping the peace
I agree with you on the colours. I'm a really big fan of the gunmetal blue, not so much the flash red.

That being said though, I like the look and stlying of the Daytona better, and I think the C/S will have a broader appeal.

I would stick with your Daytona, if I were you.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
Level 3 Supporter

My Ride: 84 Turbo Z, 91 Shelb
Engine: 2.2-2.5

4Daytonas is keeping the peace
It would be EASY for me!. Since they are both optioned about the same and the Laser is Rarer I'd grab the $3500 and never look backl!.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
TD Hardcore User!

My Ride: CAMEL
Engine: 2 HUMPS
Induct: N/A

85boostbox is keeping the peace
The fact that the laser
A: 16,000 original 1 owner miles
B: Checkerboard interior
C: Sunroof car
D: and you get 3500.
Umm this is a no brainer. Get the 3500 save a little and pick yourself up another MINT C/S. How many C/S do you see on the boards alone. There everywhere. And how many 84 laser or daytonas do you see. Umm none. As stated no brainer.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
Hybrid Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky305 View Post
Wow, I wish I had that problem. lol What are the production #s for cars with the checkerboard seats? Is the XE dressed with the lower trim and side moldings? What wheels does it have? It really boils down to your personal likes, I believe. Not matter what, it is hard to believe that a more rare Laser would be as valuable as a similar Daytona just the name association. I can't tell you what matters more to you, but I started with a Laser and have always LOVED those checkered seats and trim. If you think you might regret it, you probably shouldn't do it. No sense kickin' yourself in the rear later.
Well in answer to the question about the production numbers of cars with the checkerboard seating
Here in Canada the Daytonas came with them as standard equipment they were optional in USA. So in comparision the values of units sold by country were much greater in Canada just on the Daytona line alone. However the sales figures for Canada on the Laser XE model were quite good but overall highest number of sales the base model wins that hands down.

In answer to the question Is the XE dressed with the lower trim and side moldings
The Laser XE is all factory, in 1984 the body was the same as the base Laser externaly ( same rub strips & bumper covers )with the exception of the lower graphics on the bottom of the car,

In answer to the question What wheels does it have?
It has the factory 4 bolt pattern shotgun ( Swiss Cheese ) wheels mounted with a set of ( 4 ) newer as of 1 year ago Goodyear Eagle HR's P195/60hr/R15

My thoughts are very conflicted in this as I just took possession of the Daytona C/S in Febuary of this year, The values of the two cars are first year productions for the Laser XE being a year one model interduction and while the Daytona has been already in 3rd year of production withe the first introduction of the C/S model not to repeated till the 1988 model year of the 2nd generation of the G Body car line Thus is where the delema has played havic with me
Old 05-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #7
Hybrid Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glhs0075 View Post
I agree with you on the colours. I'm a really big fan of the gunmetal blue, not so much the flash red.

That being said though, I like the look and stlying of the Daytona better, and I think the C/S will have a broader appeal.

I would stick with your Daytona, if I were you.
Yes I do Like the styling of the Daytona Turbo Z a lot It just looks more aggressive.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #8
Hybrid Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
The fact that the laser
A: 16,000 original 1 owner miles
B: Checkerboard interior
C: Sunroof car
D: and you get 3500.
Umm this is a no brainer. Get the 3500 save a little and pick yourself up another MINT C/S. How many C/S do you see on the boards alone. There everywhere. And how many 84 laser or daytonas do you see. Umm none. As stated no brainer.

Well I did pay a bit to get the Daytona C/S plus transported to my door for extra $
Sure I could find a C/S Not here in Canada though they are very rare to find now ( Mine was imported in to Canada from the USA ), And I'm not sure if I could really find another one in the same condition,options, #'s of ownership and mileage to boot.

The choice is difficult to make.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #9
Level 4 Supporter

My Ride: 86 Laser XT
Engine: 2.2 T1

sparky305 is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeG24Man View Post
Well in answer to the question about the production numbers of cars with the checkerboard seating
Here in Canada the Daytonas came with them as standard equipment they were optional in USA. So in comparision the values of units sold by country were much greater in Canada just on the Daytona line alone. However the sales figures for Canada on the Laser XE model were quite good but overall highest number of sales the base model wins that hands down.

In answer to the question Is the XE dressed with the lower trim and side moldings
The Laser XE is all factory, in 1984 the body was the same as the base Laser externaly ( same rub strips & bumper covers )with the exception of the lower graphics on the bottom of the car,

In answer to the question What wheels does it have?
It has the factory 4 bolt pattern shotgun ( Swiss Cheese ) wheels mounted with a set of ( 4 ) newer as of 1 year ago Goodyear Eagle HR's P195/60hr/R15

My thoughts are very conflicted in this as I just took possession of the Daytona C/S in Febuary of this year, The values of the two cars are first year productions for the Laser XE being a year one model interduction and while the Daytona has been already in 3rd year of production withe the first introduction of the C/S model not to repeated till the 1988 model year of the 2nd generation of the G Body car line Thus is where the delema has played havic with me
I am liking the Laser less now. Swiss cheese wheels=strike 1. No ground effects=strike 2. Ribbed bumper molding=strike 3, I always hated the base model ribbed bumpers, though the huge turbo graphic is kinda neat. DODGE Daytona in Canada, Definitely special.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
Hybrid Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky305 View Post
I am liking the Laser less now. Swiss cheese wheels=strike 1. No ground effects=strike 2. Ribbed bumper molding=strike 3, I always hated the base model ribbed bumpers, though the huge turbo graphic is kinda neat. DODGE Daytona in Canada, Definitely special.
The large turbo graphic found on the lower part of the doors were on the 1984-1985 Daytona turbo only The Laser XE's package has an extra silver stripe that runs along the bottom of the car all the way around with the traditional Laser stripe along the side from the front to the back on the upper part of the car.

Several people that are members here had to import their C/S's from the US here in Canada espiecally the ones living in the province of Ontario.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
Hybrid Booster

banger68 is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeG24Man View Post
Several people that are members here had to import their C/S's from the US here in Canada espiecally the ones living in the province of Ontario.
That's what I did. Never found a 86 C/S t-top without rust around Ontario.

I would keep the 86. But that deal would be very tempting.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
Hybrid Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger68 View Post
That's what I did. Never found a 86 C/S t-top without rust around Ontario.

I would keep the 86. But that deal would be very tempting.
Well theres another one for keeping the Daytona ( so far the keep side is winning )

The only way to get a desent C/S is to get one from the south or western states like California, New Mexico, Arizona , Navada areas although in some case's the seats are dried out from the sun and the material is completly ruined yet theres no rust issues anywhere to be found on the car. I guess thats why every seat set that I sold went south and west in the USA
Old 05-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
Dr Doom

My Ride: RUSTY DODGES &FORDS
Engine: 86 T1

Dr. Johny Dodge is keeping our cars runningDr. Johny Dodge is keeping our cars running
you know it !
we actually have a rep up here for good interior parts
Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #14
Vroom vroom.

My Ride: 88 Dodge daytona TII

tonateen is traveling down a dark road
Keep the Daytona nuff said!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #15
Hybrid Booster

banger68 is keeping the peace
Most of my interior is from Canadian cars as the Florida sun baked the interior. But I MUCH rather swap interior the fix rust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.