TBI dodge shadow upgrades - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > Carburetted and TBI Injected

Carburetted and TBI Injected Feel free to discuss any subject that is specific to these cars, including but not limited to: modification, tuning, repair, parts replacement, identification and restoration. This is the place to talk about ALL-MOTOR performance and MPI conversions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
TBI dodge shadow upgrades  
TD New Guy

My Ride: 87 Grand National
Engine: 3.8 turbo
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 13.270

Someone cooler is keeping the peace
my Girlfriend was recently given a old dodge shadow. I think she said its a 1994, but it is def TBI/Carbed and i thought that in that year it should be F.I, not sure tho. Anyways the car rides kinda rough so im looking to upgrade the suspension a little bit and replace the exhaust. Maybe with some KYB shocks, new oem springs and poly or new oem bushings. I was also curious what parts from other model cars are interchangeable with the dodge shadow. I'm talking wheels, sway bars, brakes, seats ect. I did read the wheel guide faq but i wasnt sure if the wheels were interchangeable for all cars or just a select few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
Re: TBI dodge shadow upgrades  
Boostaholic

1/4: 0.000

FFEMTC is keeping the peace
TBI IS fuel injected - "Throttle Body Injection" - it's a single fuel injector. It won't have multiple fuel injectors unless it's a 4-cyl turbo or a V-6. And it is not carbureted.

The sister car is the Plymouth Sundance, all those parts will drop in directly. Some others *might* fit from other K-car chassis, such as Daytona, Lebaron, Reliant, Aries.

I would boycott KYB. Although a good product, they have a harsh policy of firing anyone who is sick more than 3 days in a row, and fired someone I know because of that, and then tried to fight his unemployment claim. I'd get a high grade Monroe or Bilstein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
TD Hardcore User!

My Ride: 91 Spirit,87 ShelbyZ
Engine: 2.5n/a, 2.2t2

RPMurph is keeping our cars running
use some spring from a sportier car like one of the shelby or es model...and springs from any other k car wrok....daytona, spirit, lancer. get a bigger swaybar up front. you would probably be best off jsut getting those parts from here. you can also add a strut tower bar up front. use one form a 95-99 neon. you will need to redrill hte holes in the mounting plate, but otherise it drops right in. go with poly bushing from polybushings.com for the sway bar, I wouldnt mess wiht the tohers unless they are worn out. all the wheels on these cars are interchangable aside from some minivans. If you get new tries, get some 205/60R15's. they are a little bit wider adn grip alot better
Old 12-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 92 IROC R/T
Engine: 135 ci

Runner is keeping the peace
The upper strut mounts are probably shot as well. (rattling over bumps?) Keep them in mind.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
TD Hardcore User!

My Ride: 94 Mustang
Engine: 5.0
Induct: N/A
1/4: 13.500

jory is keeping the peace
Monroe makes a pretty good shock/strut. Some stiffer springs in the rear like Daytona Shelby springs or New Yorker etc will help to raise the back a little.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
Mr. Moderator

My Ride: 89 Shelby Daytona
Engine: 2.4l

turbokid is keeping the peace
Hows it running?
Done a basic tune up?
You can get a tbi header and do a full exhaust.
Once the car is in good tune (wires, plugs, fuel filter, timing check, maybe seafoam it) you can mess with the ignition timing.
The tbi cars LOVE advanced ignition timing.
THe tbi car is a little bit more fun to tune since it gives you a wide range of what you can do (up compression, mess with the timing a lot more, etc.) Turbo cars seem to be a bit more picky in those sections (though it is a turbo so more air and fuel = power)
How about some pics.
90 Shadow- 4 dr. VNT car
92 Lebaron GTC-1-235 factory a568 5 speed cars. t3/t4 hybrid 57 trim, 25 psi cal and other goodies =)

YES I OWN A SALVAGE YARD

Old 12-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
TD New Guy

lol it really is a hoopty but its free and gets good gas milage, and since im stuck riding in it-it might as well look good.

what cars have the biggest sway bars that are interchangeable? what about brakes. thanks for the input
Old 12-19-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
Super Pope

The Pope has really helped outThe Pope has really helped out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone cooler View Post
lol it really is a hoopty but its free and gets good gas milage, and since im stuck riding in it-it might as well look good.

what cars have the biggest sway bars that are interchangeable? what about brakes. thanks for the input
Find a 89-newer Shelby or Iroc parts car. Get the springs, the front K member, the 1 1/4" front sway bar, the rear axle with built in 1 1/8" rear sway bar, the 11" 4 wheel vented disks and the master cylinder, and the proportioning valve. Guy on Ebay sells a body kit for it, Karamari sells a great rear wing with LED (89 Shelby CSX wing).

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/...-car-show.html

TBI dodge shadow upgrades-07-31-08_1950.jpg

Konigs, red calipers and Brakeplanet.com Drilled, slotted and zink plated rotors mmmm. I have added spacers though to get them right, PITA but worth it. Brake Planet sells a rotor and pad combo for $185 on Ebay, all 4 11" rotors!

84 DC Shelby Rampage
86 GLHS 76
89 CSX 187
92 2.5 Turbo ES Shadow Convertable
70 R/T SE Challenger, supercharged 340
05 PT GT
93 Cummins

Old 12-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #9
TD New Guy

thanks pope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.