New to Dodge's, Advice needed - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > Carburetted and TBI Injected

Carburetted and TBI Injected Feel free to discuss any subject that is specific to these cars, including but not limited to: modification, tuning, repair, parts replacement, identification and restoration. This is the place to talk about ALL-MOTOR performance and MPI conversions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
New to Dodge's, Advice needed  
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1990 Dodge Shadow
1/4: 0.000

inagawa is keeping the peace
Hey i own a 1990 dodge shadow es, 2.2L TBI 3-speed auto and i was wondering what i could do to make it more performance oriented..

Engine/trans, i already installed a SR high flow intake, 2.5" magnaflow cat, 2.5" aftercat pipe, 2.25" end bend pipe with a magnaflow muffler, oil and oil filter change (mobil one), single champion spark plugs and wires (pre Gapped), drained trans fluid (previous owner didn't take care of the car at all... seriously..

Suspension wise, i'm replacing front shocks and installing dodge neon aftermarket front lowering springs, getting a aftermarket nissan 240sx front strut bar( i have to modifiy in a lil to make it work) and sometime in the near future get aftermarket civic rear coilover sleeves (coil spring with adjustable perch) and new shocks.

Interior, i have a four in one tachometer (rpm meter, oil pressure, oil temperature, water temperature) and don't really know where to began or even know how to install it all up.. have a grant steering wheel and installation kit and already took the airbag out of the oem steering wheel but can't get the damn stock steering wheel off the shaft at all, i need help with that also... and was also wondering if it'd be difficult to install seats (mkIII supra Seats) in the shadow?

Exterior, made a cheap front air dam/front lip, tinted the headlights and taillights, and want to install hid kit in the near future..

any help will be apreciated, thanks....
Attached Thumbnails
New to Dodge's, Advice needed-0625111935.jpg   New to Dodge's, Advice needed-0624111936.jpg   New to Dodge's, Advice needed-0624111654_0001.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 01:32 AM   #2
Re: New to Dodge's, Advice needed  
TryHard Status

My Ride: 1986 Daytona Turbo Z
Engine: 2.2 TII
Induct: Turbo

turismolover22 is keeping our cars running
Steering wheel needs pulled off with a puller. Rent one for "free" from many your local auto parts stores. Advance is a good one to go to, loaner tool program is great - pay for the tool in full, return it with all parts (even broken) and get all your money back.

The cluster you would probably have to splice/attach wires to make it work. You will need to check the two dash wiring scmatics side by side, and be sure the same signals from their respective cluster plugs are present. If they are, then it may be a simple "drop-in" installation. If they aren't you are looking at running wires tofrom their respective signal pinouts on the SBEC, and potentially swapping the cluster plugs for a differnt one.

The seat thing, I have no idea. Worst you could do is try, if you have the replacement supra seats handy. I'd imagine youre lookign at makings osme custom mounting brackets for the toyota seats, at the least thats the extent of the labor to install them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2011, 02:15 AM   #3
Das Beste Oder Nichts

My Ride: 92 Daytona
Engine: 2.5L T1

92TurboTona is ready to make a name for oneself
you will have to make some custom brackets for the MKIII seats, but the big thing there will be the size of the seat, but when you pull it off i would definitely love to see pics as i was thinking about putting a set of 89 Conquest TSi SHP seats in my daytona
Old 06-28-2011, 05:14 AM   #4
Hybrid Booster

My Ride: 87' Lancer/88' CSX-T
Engine: 2.2 T1/2.5 T2

86TSiGuy is keeping the peace
Reverse manual valve body and front mount trans cooler.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:40 AM   #5
TD New Guy

My Ride: 89 Shelby Daytona
Engine: 2.2

01gerner is keeping the peace
Just wondering if you noticed that your tach with "extras" has metric values. Then, I thought maybe you were from somewhere else, but you are in the sates by your sig.

Oil Temp and Pressure you will need to purchase senders. Tach you can rob off the coil. Water temp you usually have 2 senders in the head. One is for the "idiot" light and the other for actual computer. (1 wire verses 2) I dont know if you could piggy back the temp one due to resistance values OR what values your aftermarket tach wants to see. You will have to do some reading on that one.

_Ryan
Old 06-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #6
Boostaholic

My Ride: 89 caravan es
Engine: 2.5 turbo
1/4: 12.993

jims72 is keeping the peace
just sell the car to me and go get a honda!lol
Old 07-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #7
TD New Guy

My Ride: 96 Neon 2.0 SOHC
Engine: 2.0 SOHC

Turbo.freak is keeping the peace
Can u post up a pic of the intake?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:56 AM   #8
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims72 View Post
Already have a Honda Civic EH2... lol
Old 07-11-2011, 02:58 AM   #9
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo.freak View Post
Can u post up a pic of the intake?
Yeah, when i have time i'll post some pictures up... right now im looking for a oil pan because my sister in law went 40mph over railroad tracks and the rail road won, lol
Old 07-11-2011, 02:59 AM   #10
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TSiGuy View Post
Reverse manual valve body and front mount trans cooler.
What is this that your talking about sir?
Old 07-11-2011, 03:01 AM   #11
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92daytonaES View Post
you will have to make some custom brackets for the MKIII seats, but the big thing there will be the size of the seat, but when you pull it off i would definitely love to see pics as i was thinking about putting a set of 89 Conquest TSi SHP seats in my daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
Steering wheel needs pulled off with a puller. Rent one for "free" from many your local auto parts stores. Advance is a good one to go to, loaner tool program is great - pay for the tool in full, return it with all parts (even broken) and get all your money back.

The cluster you would probably have to splice/attach wires to make it work. You will need to check the two dash wiring scmatics side by side, and be sure the same signals from their respective cluster plugs are present. If they are, then it may be a simple "drop-in" installation. If they aren't you are looking at running wires tofrom their respective signal pinouts on the SBEC, and potentially swapping the cluster plugs for a differnt one.

The seat thing, I have no idea. Worst you could do is try, if you have the replacement supra seats handy. I'd imagine youre lookign at makings osme custom mounting brackets for the toyota seats, at the least thats the extent of the labor to install them.
Thanks for the info
Old 07-25-2011, 01:52 AM   #12
TD New Guy

Old 07-25-2011, 01:53 AM   #13
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims72 View Post
Oh, And its $2500.00 lol
Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #14
TryHard Status

My Ride: 1986 Daytona Turbo Z
Engine: 2.2 TII

turismolover22 is keeping our cars running
I would figure out a different air filter for that. It has a filter in thatplastic shoud. with an open element air filter in the engine bay like that, you suck in warm air, instead of cooler air. Best put the other air intake pipe back on, as the power module (behind the batery) pulls cool air from the fenderwell, through it, and into your intake piping.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
I would figure out a different air filter for that. It has a filter in thatplastic shoud. with an open element air filter in the engine bay like that, you suck in warm air, instead of cooler air. Best put the other air intake pipe back on, as the power module (behind the batery) pulls cool air from the fenderwell, through it, and into your intake piping.
the filter in the plastic shroud is gone, internal air box is sealed for direct air injection also, and it may be getting warm air more-so but it did gain 2+hp from it and way better accereration, i may make a CAI with a Bypass filter added if i figure out the oil pan installing issues. but that stock intake pipe ain't going back lol. oh and weirdly, mpg inproved also, even though its not denser air.

any header made for the motor aftermarket? or would i have to make my own?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.