direct connection intake advice - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > Carburetted and TBI Injected

Carburetted and TBI Injected Feel free to discuss any subject that is specific to these cars, including but not limited to: modification, tuning, repair, parts replacement, identification and restoration. This is the place to talk about ALL-MOTOR performance and MPI conversions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
direct connection intake advice  
Boostaholic

My Ride: 92 Spirit
Engine: 2.5
Induct: N/A
1/4: 0.000

MarkassBauer is keeping the peace
i picked up a mopar intake that mounts 2 stock carb plates so you can run dual stock holleys or webers, and its 2 pieces the runners and a plenum and you can bolt the carb plates to either piece but i fel like the upper plenum part doesnt make sense for flow or atomization so might be better to just use the bottom piece, idk know though so any advice would be appreciative,,, the part numbers are p4452035 and p4452036 and any info on them at all would be great ,how many were made? how common are they? value?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
Re: direct connection intake advice  
Das Beste Oder Nichts

My Ride: 92 Daytona
Engine: 2.5L T1
Induct: Turbo

92TurboTona is ready to make a name for oneself
those intakes are hard to come by now, value would be determined by who really wants one, if i had my turismo still i would probably give you about $150+

post up a pic of the intake if you can
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
Super Pope

Induct: Turbo

The Pope has really helped outThe Pope has really helped out
that intake is a tunnel ram basically and has the same air cross over as the tunnel rams. It'll balance the air to all 4 cylinders to use the plenum, which is basically what it is. Cool part. Runner design as long as it is makes this a lower RPM range running intake, the runners are actually much longer than stock even. So you get tuning off the runners more than the CFM of the carbs basically. Cool intake though, would be fun with 2 TBIs for keep fi lol.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
Boostaholic

ok , thanks for the info!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
TD New Guy

My Ride: 83.5SC,86SCT
Engine: 2.2L

_martabo is keeping the peace
just stumbled on this thread, i found same intake last year, and have since put two weber 38/38 carbs on top. (in my 83 SC)

thing sounds amazing, and pulls REALLY hard to 6500 with a lil extra compression and better valvetrain and a comp cam.

still no turbo car for power, but it'll hand any stock base 2.2 or 1.7 its @$$ twice on a city block ;)
Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
Boostaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by _martabo View Post
just stumbled on this thread, i found same intake last year, and have since put two weber 38/38 carbs on top. (in my 83 SC)

thing sounds amazing, and pulls REALLY hard to 6500 with a lil extra compression and better valvetrain and a comp cam.

still no turbo car for power, but it'll hand any stock base 2.2 or 1.7 its @$$ twice on a city block ;)
thats sweet man! how did you up the CR? shave the head or block? bigger pistons? which comp cam did you go with? do you got a 5 speed? or if auto did you get a higher stall converter? thanks!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
TD New Guy

My Ride: 83.5SC,86SCT
Engine: 2.2L

_martabo is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkassBauer View Post
thats sweet man! how did you up the CR? shave the head or block? bigger pistons? which comp cam did you go with? do you got a 5 speed? or if auto did you get a higher stall converter? thanks!
its an 83 shelby block (decked .020), and i have a cut 782 head on it.
comp cam is a 280H.

its in my 83 SC, which i have swapped to a555 cable shift transmission.
im actually taking it apart again (putting one carb back on for now) to build throttle linkage properly. right now im using two throttle cables. bad idea, one is now stretched, and theyre not synched properly...

another bench build for the charger it seems.

heres a couple videos of it running

1983 dodge shelby charger dual carburetor - YouTube

83 shelby charger exhaust tone - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
carb, intake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.