Supercharged With Nitrous! - Page 3 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > Supercharged 2.2 / 2.5s

Supercharged 2.2 / 2.5s Discussion of performance and maintenance specific to supercharging a Dodge 2.2 or 2.5.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #31
Re: Supercharged With Nitrous!  
STLShelbyZ

I'm not sure about the how to calculate the speedo and how far its off with the axles, but I know there's the different rim size speedo calculators. I just showed my friend a couple of your videos and he might try doing a supercharged dodge sometime, granted he can find the supercharger and then something to put it in.

Oops, here's the link:
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #32
Boostaholic

My Ride: 1984 Turismo 2.2
Engine: Chrysler 2.2
Induct: S/C
1/4: 0.000

TURISMO2.2L is keeping the peace
thanks for the link.. helpfull. I need the 15" rims.. hopefully i can get a set of the 4lug pizza rims soon. they would look good on the turismo
Old 07-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #33
Boostaholic

My Ride: Rampage
Engine: 2.2

MoparGriffin is keeping the peace
4 lug pizzas are the best, those 4 lug swiss's are still at the yard im told. Down the road I plan on running the 15 four lug pizzas or 15in dr20's - 15"4x100 DRAG DR20 4 WHEEL/RIM low offset +10 civic xb | eBay Actually an affordable set of rims.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:11 AM   #34
Hybrid Booster

Vigo is keeping our cars running
If you have your tire diameter, gear ratio, and differential ratio, you should be able to figure out what your speed is for any rpm, or rpm for any speed. There are calculators online for this. I dont remember your tire size or trans (if it was posted) but if you post i will do the math. Once you know that you can figure out how far off your speedo is reading.

I dont remember where to find the info on which speedo gears are which color and have how many teeth and which factory tire sizes they correspond to but if you find that info you can simply buy the one that corresponds most closely to your tire diameter (for <$10) rather than punching all the other numbers.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #35
Boostaholic

SO, I now have a holley 2bbl 500cfm carb that I picked up for free that a good friend had lying around. I just tore it apart and decided to mess it up myself and get it boost referenced. I like free and the process to reference it only took about 45min. I gotta get the camera out and take pictures of what i did so you guys can see whats done. I did a lot digging around via google to find out how to do this but to save time I'll post what i did here. I also am working on getting the plug on the bottom rear of the B&M intake manifold drilled for the single fogger nozzle to spray towards the runners. I'm going to drop the gas tank and get a small fuel cell. I also am going to dedicate a fuel pump for the nitrous only. I have a mallory hyfire(685) digital ignition box now that will control the nitrous (ON/OFF) at a specified RPM. it also has a boost retard and a couple other awesome things. as far as hp goes. I'm goin to start small and work my way up. I'll be tuning the holley carb this year and i'll work the nitrous into the mix. should be fun and a first supercharged chrysler 2.2 with nitrous if i'm not mistaken. i'll get pictures through out this process to keep you all updated.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #36
Super Pope

Induct: Turbo

The Pope has really helped outThe Pope has really helped out
to start, you don't want your fuel feed OR the nitrous having to fight boost, ever. You need to run it to the top of the blower under the carb for sure.

Next, most run just a little bit more fuel with boost. Like say a 75 HP shot of nitrous with the 100 HP fuel jet. Spinning the 2.2 SC fast they get hot, so the little shot even will be larger than it looks lol. I've seen the smaller SC, I mean over driven and less blower CID than engine CID, that they gain the HP from the nitrous and then more from cooling the boost. So like an intercooler increase and the increase from the juice. But there is no way I'd stick it in the intake!

84 DC Shelby Rampage
86 GLHS 76
89 CSX 187
92 2.5 Turbo ES Shadow Convertable
70 R/T SE Challenger, supercharged 340
05 PT GT
93 Cummins

Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #37
Boostaholic

I did contact Holley about this and they said there is no issue using the nozzle below the supercharger and under pressure. I will be using a dedicated high psi pump for the nitrous setup. I believe fuel psi will need to be about 43psi. il be running the stock pulley so boost will be about 6psi before nitrous. I'll get an intake temp gauge aswell.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #38
Super Pope

There are issues with it, maybe not huge issues but they are there. With a turbo you get more fuel pressure with boost pressure to equalize the system. Then dumping extra fuel and nitrous it is nice to have it atomized as well as possible. With fuel pressure you have to look at the wet system, is a FI system or carb system? Carb systems aim for low fuel pressure on the jets, which most are. So you take a jet made for 15 PSI and you add 45 PSI and it drowns the engine with fuel. Nitrous you should get a few opinions with, not one. Get online and look at V8 blower cars with nitrous, there all under the carb. My blower engine came with nitrous in fact, under the carb. Absolutely the best choice to cool it but I'd dig deeper. How you nozzle it can help too like doing an annular nozzle under the blower vs the econo unit in the kits.

84 DC Shelby Rampage
86 GLHS 76
89 CSX 187
92 2.5 Turbo ES Shadow Convertable
70 R/T SE Challenger, supercharged 340
05 PT GT
93 Cummins

Old 02-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #39
Boostaholic

haven't had a chance to post but I've been working on the nozzle insert on the intake. the nitrous system is an EFI wet kit so il be using a high psi pump fed from a 5gal. fuel cell. a carb adapter will be here soon, which will push the carb up even higher.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3412.jpg   Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3414.jpg  

Last edited by TURISMO2.2L; 02-05-2013 at 01:29 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #40
Boostaholic

I've got more work done with the holley setup and nitrous setup.. I'v decided to add the nozzle to the carb base plate as it will be easier to change out the jets. and it will be away from the header. with doing that i had to remove a vac port from the carb base and tap it for npt and use a 90 degree elbow and vac nipple because it would hit the nozzle. pictures provide a better explanation. I also uploaded some pictures of the work i did for boost referencing the power valve.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3464.jpg   Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_2937.jpg   Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_2939.jpg   Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3452.jpg   Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3454.jpg  

Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3455.jpg   Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3441.jpg   Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3448.jpg   Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3458.jpg  
Old 02-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #41
Super Pope

How to convert a holley to a boost reference power valve would make a good FAQ right up if your interested. As turbos are pretty popular with a carb today, also help the SC cars too.

Which boost power valve did you get? They have been pretty large, wondering which would be nice on the 4 cylinder.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #42
Boostaholic

yea I can make a write up tomorrow and get detailed pictures. I have not rebuilt the carb yet or chosen a power valve. the snow is still here in Michigan so it may be a while before I get around to it. along with jetting sizes too. if anyone else has that info it would be nice to know a good starting point to adjust off of
Old 02-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #43
Boostaholic

I'm working on a throttle cable bracket now and will be mounting the nitrous and fuel solenoid to it aswell. it will stick out but hey, I already have that problem with the carb now so why not make people take a double look. il get pictures when it's done. next will be a air filter assembly. any ideas would be nice!!! the lower the better but I'm leaning towards a hilborn scoop. or a custom homemade scoop from sheet metal.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #44
Super Pope

I believe that carb uses a 4 barrel top, so you should be able to buy a low clearance hat for it that goes to a 4" tube. Then right out front for cold air.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #45
Boostaholic

i have the solenoids mounted now, the lines are a bit long and say "look i have nitrous".. I'm working on the throttle cable bracket and not sure where its going just yet.. hopefully it turns out.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3494.jpg   Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3496.jpg   Supercharged With Nitrous!-img_3498.jpg  

Last edited by TURISMO2.2L; 02-16-2013 at 03:11 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.