not ur average v8 swap - Page 2 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > RWD Turbo-Dodge

RWD Turbo-Dodge 2.2 / 2.5 / 3.0 RWD Turbo Conversations.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #16
Re: not ur average v8 swap  
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: SC/GLHS(2)/CSX
Engine: 2.2
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

ILIKESHELBYS is keeping our cars runningILIKESHELBYS is keeping our cars running
This should fit easily....just got to get an adapter for the tranny, some motor mounts, accessory drives, ignition electronics and ample fuel. 10,000RPM!

HOME PAGE...
Attached Thumbnails
not ur average v8 swap-powertec-macroblock-v81275260552.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #17
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: SC/GLHS(2)/CSX
Engine: 2.2

ILIKESHELBYS is keeping our cars runningILIKESHELBYS is keeping our cars running
Here is what that engine sounds like in a 'street legal car' on the German Nürburgring Nordschleife....

Zoweeeeee!!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #18
Boostaholic

My Ride: ACR'd peon, Dakota++

Jon Mopar is keeping the peace
they're working on a 400hp 2.0 V8?? wow, that's tiny! I remember when the smallest V6 was a 1.8 (Mazda Mx3, 130ish hp)...this thing would be almost the same size.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #19
Super Pope

The Pope has really helped outThe Pope has really helped out
hyabusa engine builder, basically a V8 Busa engine. They sold it already though so no new sales.

it is actually a 2.8L but still small, like an Indy car type V8 which I remember being about 3.5L?

Still though, I can build a 543 CID 440 with aluminum heads, intake and water pump / housing for $3500 roughly. This thing would cost a ton and not have huge rewards though. I'd even build a new Hemi for less and be able to rev 7500 RPM, plenty.

There doing nice work though, a busa engine in a early mini cooper would be a riot.

84 DC Shelby Rampage
86 GLHS 76
89 CSX 187
92 2.5 Turbo ES Shadow Convertable
70 R/T SE Challenger, supercharged 340
05 PT GT
93 Cummins

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
v8 td swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.