Turbo Dodge Forums banner

New Addition

6K views 75 replies 12 participants last post by  6g72 acclaim 
#1 ·

Picked her up yesterday.
94 Voyager. 3.0 (65k), 670 trans, spotless inside, needs paint (almost rust free).
Plan on doing it to match our other mini, so we'll have TWINS.

See less See more
#4 ·
I may do some top-end/port work, otherwise, wheels and paint. I still have the M90, but I don't know if I want to deal with the related issues of pulling more power (been there, done that), as it's my new daily/kid hauler.

#5 ·
Needed valve cover gaskets, was pleasantly surprised to see the motor in this kind of shape inside.

Reactions: mopar969
#12 ·

Some small rust spots to fix, otherwise it's getting close to being ready.

#13 ·

Had to play a little.

Got the rust spot fixed, primed, and undercoated the bottom. Now it's just some finish sanding. If I can get heat it will get painted soon, otherwise next spring.

#14 ·
A word of advice with the undercoating, with road grit, sun exposure, and washing it will start to deteriorate and come off,(took less than a year of driving on dirt roads to take off 90% of the undercoating on my rockers) if you paint over it (after its fully cured ofcorse) it will seal it from the weather and most importantly UV rays, aswell as making a hard top coat that you can actually clean. After i started painting over mine i have had no trubbles and its been about 2 years. Also, i have been waiting to try bed liner as an alternitave but the paint has been holding up so long that i dont think il get around to trying it.

If i get some free time il snap a picture of what it starts lookes like over time, aswell as the undercoating that was painted.

#15 ·
I do it for added protection on the rust prone rockers prior to paint. I always paint over it. I did the same on our other van and it still looks great after 2 winters, and 40k miles.:thumb:

I agree, it doesn't hold up well by itself, for me it's just an added layer of protection. :thumb:

#18 ·
Never tried that but, being from 3M, I wouldn't doubt it's quality. :thumb:

Keep that in mind for next time, which will hopefully be years from now.

#17 ·

Well got some new rollers. Figure I'll redo the gold inlays black and run them until I come across something I like better. The price was right (free) considering they have 2 almost new tires, and 2 brand new tires.

#20 ·
LMFAO, na want to keep this one subtle. Going 2 tone (well 3 technically). Charcoal on top, black in the middle, charcoal on the bottom.

#22 ·
About the only way without doing a bunch of other work. I'll make a heat shield for it eventually.:thumb:
I really forgot how much just an intake opens the 3.0s up.

#25 ·
Waiting on spring for paint.
I've also decided it needs to be lowered. Need to research the best way to go about it, but I'm looking for 3" all the way around.

#26 ·
So the plans are as follows:
*Fix the blown rear headgasket :bang head, while it's apart I'll likely do some port work and other mild mods, engine bay cleaning, and painting under the hood.
*Lower it some.
*Get it painted.
*Get a roof rack and install a roof basket. :shrug:
*Get a rally bar and install some rally lights. :confused:
*Find some decent 16" wheels.
Once those are done, I will be driving her until some catastrophic driveline failure, at which point I will dig deeper into swapping something with more power. :thumb:

My overall goal is a unique daily driver, that at some point I would like enough power to at least wax my friend's Stage-2 WRX, seeings my car has left him with a scar.:KneelSuckers:

#28 ·
There wouldn't be much point in porting them if I wasn't. :thumb:
That's the plan. I'll look into the ebay racks, although I really like the factory one like our 95 has.

#29 ·

Gotta love having spare parts.
I'll be able to get the heads done before I even tear it apart, clean, port, relap valves, new seals. The 52mm TB just needs some cleaning and a quick port job. The plenum is already ported and non egr, so I can delete that while it's apart too.

#30 ·
Being it was so nice Saturday and I didn't feel like tearing the donor apart any farther, I decided to get some of my accent work done on the mini.
So I got my tails pulled and smoked:

And I got the corners smoked and grill blacked out:

Trying to decide what I want to do with the wheels, whether I want to spray them black with charcoal accents or charcoal with black accents. The van will be mostly charcoal, with black down the middle, so I am leaning towards the black/charcoal accent combo:

#31 ·
I have the heads in at work to bead blast them and machine them to ensure they're flat. 3 of the valve guides are pushed down, need to figure out how to get them back where they need to be. Otherwise, I'll be doing the heads, bead blasting the plenum and TB, and getting other things ready for tear down, so it can hopefully be a quick tear down and back together.

#33 ·
I had a set that I ported at work that were on the car, which went with the car when I sold it.

#34 ·
Valve covers:

Plenum:

Wheels base coated, need to add black accents, and clear yet:

#36 ·
It's a shame, and a blessing all in one. I'm trying to keep this one reliable, so not having all my performance parts around is helpful in that.

#38 ·
Unfortunately, it's not much of an option for me. I've had the go portion (the car was an absolute riot), now I'm hitting the show side of things. I'll be bumping performance some with the ported plenum, ported 52mm tb, and mild port work on the heads, but it shouldn't be enough to cause issues. I'll be focusing more on getting everything tip top in the looks department, so I can continue doing car shows this year, as I really enjoyed doing that with my friends, hanging out and talking to people who like doing something different. The car used to get a lot of attention at shows. The other van also got quite a bit at the one show I took it to, so I know once this one is done, it'll grab some eyes too. :thumb:

#40 ·
There's quite a few around here. We usually do ten or more a year. I love doing shows, meeting and chatting with people, seeing all the different things people work on. Coming from 90s Mopar, it's nice to see the oddball stuff at shows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.