ok i got a problem - Page 3 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo specific > Mitsubishi V6 engines

Mitsubishi V6 engines Discussion area for the 3.0 turbo and non-turbo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #31
Re: ok i got a problem  

My Ride: 87 daytona T top
Engine: 3.5 twin turbo V6
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

knightmoves is keeping the peace
here are some of 87turbodance's threads that talk about his install. the info may help ya!

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f11...all-guide.html

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f11...all-guide.html

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f11...t-install.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #32
Boostaholic

My Ride: 1990 dodge daytona
Engine: 3.0 6g72
Induct: N/A

paduster is keeping the peace
well i forgot to update but this past weekend i decided to check and see if it was just the headgaskets and tore into it. thanks ed for convincing me. i found i blew out the fire ring in between 1 and 3 so i cleaned it all up and put it back together with a fresh tune up and it is running good but still has a weird stumble at around 3000 was thinking it would be a bad distributor and was thinking of buying a new one from rockauto. do you think that would fix it?
Old 12-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #33

My Ride: 87 daytona T top
Engine: 3.5 twin turbo V6

knightmoves is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by paduster View Post
well i forgot to update but this past weekend i decided to check and see if it was just the headgaskets and tore into it. thanks ed for convincing me. i found i blew out the fire ring in between 1 and 3 so i cleaned it all up and put it back together with a fresh tune up and it is running good but still has a weird stumble at around 3000 was thinking it would be a bad distributor and was thinking of buying a new one from rockauto. do you think that would fix it?
there are so many things that can cause a stumble I think I would check out the whole motor before buying a dizzy. be sure to check out as much as you can before buying. coolant temp sensor,TPS,plugs,wires,coil,fuel pressure,O2 sensor,ect.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #34
Authorized TD Vendor

My Ride: Spirit R/T
Engine: 3L V6

c2xejk is keeping the peace
Knightmoves is right that the dizzy is low on my list of suspects... How does it do above 3K? What more can you tell us about the stumble. Does it happen at part-throttle/full-throttle? Does vehicle speed make a difference?

Ed Kelly - www.kmperformance.com
Old 12-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #35
Boostaholic

well it happens in every gear at all throttle pressures part to full and always the same time and doesnt have all the power it should after it skips if i keep it below where it skips it runs perfect and mostly stronger than up top the whole way though the rpm range. now when i did this headgaskets i put in a whole new tune up fuel filter plugs wires cap and rotor and set the timing and even cleaned the specter air filter
Old 12-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #36
Garrett Booster

My Ride: plmouth duster
Engine: 3.0

ub3r l33t dud3 is keeping the peace
i had the same problem, but mine is an auto. it only really happened in the cold though, i put a new cap and rotor on mine and that seemed to help. mine was at full throttle around 3000rpm.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #37
Boostaholic

yea definatly not the same problem as you. i am thinking its that phantom miss that everyone has from the pickup in the distubutor going bad and when they would run ms it would go away when they would switch to wasted spark. but i could be wrong there. i would love to get this running right so i can put the ms i have on a known good running engine but if i cant get it soon i may just put it in and see if i can datalog the problem. or i was thinking of installing the wideband o2 in it now to see if that could help me figure it out and i did switch the computers out just to see if that would help both the auto computer and manual computer do the same thing
Old 12-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #38
Authorized TD Vendor

My Ride: Spirit R/T
Engine: 3L V6

c2xejk is keeping the peace
I would recheck the marks for the timing belt... I think something is off a tooth.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #39
Boostaholic

well really i wanna pull the marker off and clean it up cause i just eye balled it to where it should be on the plate and it is running better than where it was but not perfect. but its to cold out and its going to snow tonight and its had snow ont he ground since i did the head gaskets. so that will be something i look at although before i changed the timing it had the stumble then after i changed the timing it runs better but had the same stumble it didnt change but if i get a perfect 15 degrees of timing and it still does it i will either buy the pick up or a distributor
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #40
Boostaholic

well i was able to do so work to the car the last few warm days lol barely over freezing lol and i was able to pull the timing marker and clean and paint it and check the timing i had it at around 12 and moved it to 15. but still it kept up but i think i figured out my stumble i had to change the rad in my car so when i was doing that i figured i would change some sensors to see if it fixed the problem and when i ordered the rad from rock auto i also ordered the tps sensor as it seemed to get worse passed a certain throttle so i figured why not it was cheap and i already did the o2 sensor. and changing the tps fixed my stumble it runs perfect now.

but i got another question as with the new rad i always thought it was cause the rotted out fins on the original rad kept it from cooling with the fan on but i have found that the fan doesnt turn on till the gauge is almost to hot and where i dont feel comfortable leaving it run. so i am thinking that i should change the coolant temp sensor next and see if the fan turns on at a lower temp
Old 01-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #41
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: 94 Dodge Shadow
Engine: 3.0L 24v
1/4: 14.308

Shadow24V is keeping the peace
coolant temp sensors are cheap, and can definitely cause issues with proper running/fuelling.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #42
Boostaholic

true they are cheap but its running very good with no stumble now since changing out the tps my problem was with the coolant temp before the fan kicks on it goes up to high for my liking
Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #43
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: 94 Dodge Shadow
Engine: 3.0L 24v
1/4: 14.308

Shadow24V is keeping the peace
one other recourse could be switching thermostats for a lower temp (180* vs 190* for example)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.