Underseat Drawer- retail - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > PT Cruiser Forum > PT Discussions Forum > PT Cruiser Accessories

PT Cruiser Accessories Interior and exterior add-ons (Paint, flames, pin-striping, body kits, fuzzy dice, etc.)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2000, 11:01 AM   #1
Underseat Drawer- retail  
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

1/4: 0.000

On Safari Today is ready to make a name for oneself
Somebody had posted previously that they had found a storage bin at Wal-Mart or K-Mart that fit perfectly under the passenger seat in place of the missing drawer. Does anyone have that info. still?

Was anyone's PT actually delivered with the drawer in place? (I took delivery 5/4, and didn't get the drawer.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2000, 08:38 PM   #2

TripleC

I bought one at Walmart yesterday for $2.96, Contico handi bin
Barcode 2002706805. Has removable handle. I don't have my PT yet but saw pictures of it painted and installed.
Found it in laundry goods area.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2000, 02:52 PM   #3

MikeM

I have been using the WalMart drawer since I first got my car (although I haven't driven it much for the past 3 weeks since I have been out of the coutnry). It fits on the slides, stays in. Two buck beats $110 any day.

Old 07-17-2000, 10:55 AM   #4

~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

PTJude is ready to make a name for oneself
I remember that when one of my friends had a Dodge minivan she used a small Longaberger picnic basked under her seat. I am sure that there is a basket that is the right size for a PT but haven't checked it out yet. More expensive than a laundry bin (but a bit more classy) but less than those they try to sell you aftermarket.
Old 07-18-2000, 06:58 AM   #5

~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

On Safari Today is ready to make a name for oneself
Thanks for the responses, it's nice to know that we have options. I'm off to Wal-Mart!!!
Old 07-19-2000, 09:45 AM   #6

~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

PT Koowa is ready to make a name for oneself
Ive taken the Wal-Mart basket one step further and made a custom front for it. See my page describing the process

http://www.r-u-inc.com/PTK/wal-mart.htm

Hope it helps
Old 07-19-2000, 10:37 PM   #7

~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

Tami is ready to make a name for oneself
Very nice Koowa...Nice pictures and details, looks good

Silver 28G, 4/21
Old 07-30-2000, 11:17 AM   #8

Tailspin

Wal-mart basket as described works perfectly with no modification except removal of handle. Also found a Road & Track silver PT for the outrageous price of $1.96. Don't see how they can even print the box for that price!

Old 07-31-2000, 07:54 PM   #9

Ragmop/Sandy

Howdy!
An underseat "drawer" from WalMart? No thanks. A K-Mart bin in my Cruiser? No thank you!
What are y'all carrying that you need this stuff crammed under the passenger seat, to go sliding forward into the passenger's feet during a quick stop? I dunno, looks awful goofy.
Ragmop

Quote:
On Safari Today (07-10-2000 11:01 a.m.):
Somebody had posted previously that they had found a storage bin at Wal-Mart or K-Mart that fit perfectly under the passenger seat in place of the missing drawer. Does anyone have that info. still?

Was anyone's PT actually delivered with the drawer in place? (I took delivery 5/4, and didn't get the drawer.)

Old 08-01-2000, 09:16 AM   #10

~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

Carol is ready to make a name for oneself
Quote:
On Safari Today (07-10-2000 11:01 a.m.):

Didn't get the drawer, but dealer is providing it to us for the sake of good customer service. Chrysler customer service was horrible on this issue -- actually insulting! Their interpretation of "included" and "late availability" defies both definition and logic. I think we early-orderers ought to insist that our "included" item actually BE so, at no additio al cost. Otherwise, it becomes an accessory, NOT part of the package as listed in Chryler's literature.
Old 08-06-2000, 06:10 PM   #11

Tailspin

Wal-Mart drawer does NOT slide forward. There's a built in detent that holds it nicely in place. Handy place to put extra CDs, sun glasses, Kleenex, etc.
Quote:
Ragmop/Sandy (07-31-2000 07:54 p.m.):Howdy! An underseat "drawer" from WalMart? No thanks. A K-Mart bin in my Cruiser? No thank you!What are y'all carrying that you need this stuff crammed under the passenger seat, to go sliding forward into the passenger's feet during a quick stop? I dunno, looks awful goofy. Ragmop
Quote:
On Safari Today (07-10-2000 11:01 a.m.):Somebody had posted previously that they had found a storage bin at Wal-Mart or K-Mart that fit perfectly under the passenger seat in place of the missing drawer. Does anyone have that info. still? Was anyone's PT actually delivered with the drawer in place? (I took delivery 5/4, and didn't get the drawer.)

Old 01-22-2001, 04:10 PM   #12

~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

ed702 is ready to make a name for oneself
Quote:
On Safari Today (10 Jul, 2000 11:01 a.m.):

Hi,

We have an updated comprehensive instructional guide for the under seat drawer at our new PT Do It Yourself.net web site. You will find the introduction to the Under Seat Drawer near the bottom of the page.

http://www.ptdoityourself.net/ptfaq3.html

Regards,

Ed
Old 01-23-2001, 02:40 PM   #13

~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

PTCruzr is ready to make a name for oneself
Check out here on how to make your own underseat drawer using the Contico bin available at WalMart. It also has the fix to keep it from sliding out on hard stops. There's also a section by me that shows my addition of a chrome knob.
Here's the link:
http://www.ptdoityourself.net/ptdrawer.html
Old 01-23-2001, 04:28 PM   #14

~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

My Ride: 01 or the 03GT PT..
1/4: 14.010

Bosch is ready to make a name for oneself
I just use a little bungee cord threaded through the back of the contico bin and hooked around the back of the seat. You can still pull it out, keeps it from sliding on hard stops.
Old 01-24-2001, 11:15 PM   #15

~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

PTCruzr is ready to make a name for oneself
Here's a pic of my Contico bin after I modified it. Looks great and holds much more than the cheap plastic Chrysler bin.
[img="http://www.zing.com/picture/p5a75c6e0c69d12be9b0244331146d076/ff3bd3c0.jpg.orig.jpg"]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.