California Cruisers ABS Woody Kit (AKA Took The Plunge) - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > PT Cruiser Forum > PT Discussions Forum > PT Cruiser Accessories

PT Cruiser Accessories Interior and exterior add-ons (Paint, flames, pin-striping, body kits, fuzzy dice, etc.)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
Smile California Cruisers ABS Woody Kit (AKA Took The Plunge)  
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

1/4: 0.000

scarey is keeping the peace
Well, I bought my first PT the other day. An '02 Stone White LE. Bumpers were painted to match. I bought it with the intention of adding some touches and pretty much making it my own individual ride.

So, I splurged and plunked down some dough for California Cruisers' ABS Woody Kit. The cost is high, but hopefully worth it.

I read a lot about the other woody kits out there, but didn't like the decal method (no carwash, no power wash, etc). Called all around my area (Columbus OH) and couldn't find a company that would install the decal kit for me for below $1500.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi. I'll keep you up to date with the install and my experience with CC. Everything has been good so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2004, 04:09 PM   #2
Re: California Cruisers ABS Woody Kit (AKA Took The Plunge)  
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

PaganCruiser is ready to make a name for oneself
Can't wait to see pix and hear all the details!!! :)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2004, 10:10 PM   #3
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

Alan39 is ready to make a name for oneself
Welcome and good luck with CC . Post some pics when you can. :)
Old 08-01-2004, 03:09 AM   #4
Cool Re: California Cruisers ABS Woody Kit (AKA Took The Plunge)  
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

basset hound is ready to make a name for oneself
Welcome to the PTE Forums. If you want information on PT Cruisers this is the place to ask or search for past threads. Don't hesitate to ask. There are also many local groups that you can get involved with for cruises, meet & greets and even shows. You'll fine most PT Cruiser owners to be fantastic people.
Old 08-01-2004, 05:15 AM   #5
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

cosmiccruiser is keeping the peace
Good choice of colors! Welcome aboard and definately post pics once the woody kit is on!
Old 08-01-2004, 07:44 AM   #6
Thumbs up Re: California Cruisers ABS Woody Kit (AKA Took The Plunge)  
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

headrat is ready to make a name for oneself
Welcome aboard!!! Woodies rule!!! :x
Old 08-01-2004, 01:31 PM   #7
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

imported_GR8FLPT is ready to make a name for oneself
Welcome to the group. Enjoy your new ride, I sure do!!!
Old 08-01-2004, 01:44 PM   #8
Wink Re: California Cruisers ABS Woody Kit (AKA Took The Plunge)  
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

Almond Lush is ready to make a name for oneself
Am waiting for the finished product pic's. Hope it make you extremely happy, and also hope you enjoy your stay here. |)
Old 08-01-2004, 11:47 PM   #9
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

JOEM is ready to make a name for oneself
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarey
Called all around my area (Columbus OH) and couldn't find a company that would install the decal kit for me for below $1500.
Can't speak for Columbus, but here in Dayton, Pro-Trim does a super job and their prices are very reasonable. Lots of PT owners have had their flame vinyl, running boards, sunshades, etc., installed there. I can also recommend my custom body guy, Mike Mayabb, who has a hot rod shop just north of Dayton. There's a Columbus-area PT Cruiser club called Buckeye Cruisers, which you may want to check out...they likely know some reliable customizers.

Have to admit, despite their iffy performance as retailers, the California Cruiser vinyl woody panels seem the most authentic looking. Love to see the pics after you get them installed.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:11 AM   #10
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

PTRobert is ready to make a name for oneself
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEM
Can't speak for Columbus, but here in Dayton, Pro-Trim does a super job and their prices are very reasonable. Lots of PT owners have had their flame vinyl, running boards, sunshades, etc., installed there. I can also recommend my custom body guy, Mike Mayabb, who has a hot rod shop just north of Dayton. There's a Columbus-area PT Cruiser club called Buckeye Cruisers, which you may want to check out...they likely know some reliable customizers.

Have to admit, despite their iffy performance as retailers, the California Cruiser vinyl woody panels seem the most authentic looking. Love to see the pics after you get them installed.
I was at California Cruisers this weekend to pick up some shiny bits for my PT and had my second encounter with their new guy, Chris. He's very cool to work with - he even took the time to install the intake I purchased from them when it couldn't be done when he said it would be.

I got to speak with PTBob, too. He's very cool and gave me some good advice about some things I was considering doing to my PT. Although my wife and I are moving the family to Dallas, I'm heavily considering (if I keep the PT and don't trade it for a newer turbo-lite model) shipping it back to Cali and having him do some work for my vehicle.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:16 AM   #11
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

Quote:
Well, I bought my first PT the other day. An '02 Stone White LE. Bumpers were painted to match. I bought it with the intention of adding some touches and pretty much making it my own individual ride.

So, I splurged and plunked down some dough for California Cruisers' ABS Woody Kit. The cost is high, but hopefully worth it.

I read a lot about the other woody kits out there, but didn't like the decal method (no carwash, no power wash, etc). Called all around my area (Columbus OH) and couldn't find a company that would install the decal kit for me for below $1500.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi. I'll keep you up to date with the install and my experience with CC. Everything has been good so far.
Congratuations on your PT. It will be beautiful when you get it back. PTBob's work is first-rate. I've seen a number of his projects at his shop which is one thing I'm really gonna miss when I leave California (got to have some more stuff done before I ship my car ;) ). I would like to put a woody kit on my PT but it's Steel Blue Pearl and I don't think it would look as good on mine as it will on yours will or on other colours I've seen. I believe you'll be pleased with the results.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:22 AM   #12
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

JOEM is ready to make a name for oneself
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRobert
I was at California Cruisers this weekend to pick up some shiny bits for my PT and had my second encounter with their new guy, Chris. He's very cool to work with - he even took the time to install the intake I purchased from them when it couldn't be done when he said it would be.

I got to speak with PTBob, too. He's very cool and gave me some good advice about some things I was considering doing to my PT. Although my wife and I are moving the family to Dallas, I'm heavily considering (if I keep the PT and don't trade it for a newer turbo-lite model) shipping it back to Cali and having him do some work for my vehicle.
That jibes with what others have said about CC--deal with 'im locally and they're fine. But their Web and mail-order business has had some big customer problems. I think if you plan to do some real custom modding, I'd take advantage of being able to have CC do the work in their shop while you can. What kind of mods do you have in mind?
Old 08-02-2004, 06:14 AM   #13
Smile Re: California Cruisers ABS Woody Kit (AKA Took The Plunge)  
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

scarey is keeping the peace
I was a little worried about their long distance service after reading through this and a couple other forums. But I'm hoping that I'll be OK. I talked for a while with Chris about some of the problems I read. He seemed very in touch and that put me at ease.

A big part of this thread will deal with their service. LEt's all hope for the best! |)
Old 08-02-2004, 07:22 AM   #14
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

Quote:
I was a little worried about their long distance service after reading through this and a couple other forums. But I'm hoping that I'll be OK. I talked for a while with Chris about some of the problems I read. He seemed very in touch and that put me at ease.

A big part of this thread will deal with their service. LEt's all hope for the best! |)
I thought that Chris was brought on board to resolve some of those issues. I believe you'll be taken care of very nicely by the guys.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:27 AM   #15
~~ PTE ORIG USER ~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEM
That jibes with what others have said about CC--deal with 'im locally and they're fine. But their Web and mail-order business has had some big customer problems. I think if you plan to do some real custom modding, I'd take advantage of being able to have CC do the work in their shop while you can. What kind of mods do you have in mind?
Probably just lowering the Cruiser, since I think they also do the alignment at the same time. I'd like some big-ticket stuff, like the suicide doors they did for FEAR1PT. Bob switched the handles (left to right) and mounted them on the front of the rear doors, refabricated the indentation so it looks like it could have come from the factory that way. He has a heavy-duty hinge he uses that keeps the door from sagging when open. It looks nice. I tried to find the photos on line again but no luck. I'm also looking at the Webasto fabric-top roof system. Until I have the $$$ it's all big dreams for me and my PT. |)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.