Turbo Dodge Forums banner

The BMF intake...may be back!

4K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  acannell 
#1 ·
As you may or may not know, I used to make a huge tubular intake for the 2.2/2.5 called the BMF intake, pictures and info here:

THE BMF INTAKE

I have not been producing it for quite some time now, but I have been talking with a forum member who is interested in taking over manufacturing of the BMF intake, and making them available for sale again!

If you have been wanting a BMF intake, now is the time to speak up and say you would buy one! This will go a very long way in convincing the potential new manufacturer to produce them!

For the moment, assume that the design would remain exactly the same, and the price would stay at $572 shipped to USA for a fully welded BMF intake, paid with credit card/paypal.

#20 ·
About 40 BMF intakes have been sold, but as far as I know only a few have actual been installed and run. There is some dyno data which looks good, but it was not done at a power level where the BMF intake would probably really shine.

Do you own a BMF? Status update please! - Page 2

The BMF intake design is based on a wish list of commonly desired attributes that are generally though to be favorable for turbocharged setups. Such as big plenum, short fat runners, big throttle body compatibility, etc... These attributes were taken to the extreme as much as possible while still providing close to stock fitment and a relatively low price. The price was meant to compete favorably with the cost of a ported 2 piece intake, while going well beyond a ported 2 piece in those attributes.

#21 ·
Peak power after 6,000 is MASSIVE. Then the rest is math. If you want an easy way to get power with the 8v this is it. Many can port, and weld and so on. So you see racers with custom one off parts. This is the only intake sold that doesn't hold you back. Even if say you want to road course or autocross and want an engine that will rev, not just for big boost this works. But builds take time. This intake will no doubt be long gone when many are doing really well in the future. I need two ATP swing valves and they are now gone.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.