Turbo Dodge Forums banner

The BMF intake is BACK for 2017!

18K views 133 replies 19 participants last post by  INSATANSSEAT 
#1 ·
Yes, its true! The BMF intake is returning for 2017!

The BMF intake is the ultimate intake manifold for 2.2/2.5 turbo mopars.

For detailed specifications and pictures of the BMF Intake, see here:

THE BMF INTAKE

Just like before I'll be personally machining and welding each BMF intake here in Southern California.

To make this group buy possible, I need to have 20 confirmed orders.

Pricing remains unchanged at $572 for a fully welded BMF intake shipped to USA, paid by credit/debit card.

To save you some money, if shipping ends up costing me less than $25, I can refund you the difference.

And, if you pay by mailing a check or money order, you can take the credit card processing fees off the total (about $17).

SPECIAL BONUS!!

For payments received before April 14th, 2017, I will include a free 4th cylinder coolant mod adapter plate! See here for more info: 4CCM

The production schedule for new BMF orders is as follows:

-Shipping will begin two months after payment has been received for at least 20 orders.
-Orders will ship in the order payment was received.
-One BMF will ship every three weeks.
-The status of BMF production will be regularly updated on the forums, as before.

To order your BMF intake, you can pay at my online store with a credit/debit card here:

https://squareup.com/store/ExoticElectron

To pay by check or money order, please PM me for mailing instructions.

If you require shipping outside the USA, PM me to discuss please.

Thank you all very much for your support! I've had a long break to recover from the massive amount of work it takes to make BMF intakes, and now I'm eager to build them again!

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes, I have considered this. But I've noticed that the BMF production process is like a huge slow moving train. I have to sort of pick a number before I get it moving and thats what ends up coming off the train once it finally gets to the destination. If I want to make extra ones I have to build it in to the production process from the beginning which can make the whole train go slower since every process happens sequentially. So I really have to do it in the form of group buys, with commitments made up front.

So all that hand waving means: yes I'd like to but its just me so I have to only make ones that I know are sold already.

#7 ·
For those interested in the KSM, I may be able to offer it as part of a BMF purchase if there are enough requests for it. It takes a surprising amount of work to make each one so I have to get the quantities up. Same price $40 each, comes with bolts.

For those new to the BMF, the KSM is a knock sensor mount that is designed to work with the BMF intake.

More info can be seen here: KSM knock sensor mount for BMF intake

#4 ·
That's Great to hear! I know what kind of time this takes and trust me, this is a great performance piece at a Great price!

I know some of you have read some comments of mine about how I would like to see More from this design, but that is Not meant to be a criticism of what already exists. It is simply My Desire to see this go even further and reach what I believe is the True potential of this initial offering. :wink2:

#9 ·
The BMF is definitely compatible with custom modifications, but I have to stick to the existing design in order to manufacture it and make it work as a business. But, if you are a talented fabricator or even just someone getting into TIG welding, the sky is the limit and you can do some pretty crazy things to make the BMF even more wild. I can leave sections unwelded on request for those that want to make design changes.

And I'm always willing to discuss modification ideas and help with solidworks modelling to see if things are possible or would fit, etc..

#22 ·
You're the man, I'll wait and see if more show interest in a mount.

Now, is this an appropriate place for such a question? I don't mean to muck up your thread.

Am I the only non-AC guy who wants to use an AC compressor bracket to relocate my saginaw steering pump to the front in order to clear up some room in the back? The saginaw is much more common than the zf too. Would it be worth the modded or custom mount, feed line, and maybe longer belt? Could this also make room for an even less restricted exit out of the turbine? I don't wish to reinvent the wheel here. Just figured with no AC or all out race car maybe it could be worthwhile?

#23 ·
Hmm that sounds pretty ambitious. ZF pumps might be easier to find than you think, you just have to message people who are parting out cars and send them a pic of one, thats how I got one awhile back. Also I would definitely make a thread for this topic on its own, I bet you could get alot more answers plus someone may have actually done it.

#24 ·
YES YES YES i will also take a #4 cylinder mod AND a knock sensor mount !!!

#32 ·
Thank you CORNFLAKES_GLHT!!! :party2::jason:

1. catchacuda (PAID IN FULL)
2. craknjak (PAID IN FULL)
3. Mr Overkill (50% DEPOSIT RECEIVED)
4. cornflakes_GLHT (PAYMENT IN THE MAIL)
5. INSATANSSEAT
6. dartswinger
7. 2.2Mopar

#33 ·
A YUGGGEEE thank you to INSATANSSEAT!!! :DDDD

3. Mr Overkill (50% DEPOSIT RECEIVED)
4. cornflakes_GLHT (PAYMENT IN THE MAIL)
5. INSATANSSEAT (50% DEPOSIT RECEIVED)
6. dartswinger
7. 2.2Mopar

#34 ·
THEDON809...you are truly a DON among dons!! THANK YOU!!!

3. Mr Overkill (PAID IN FULL)
4. cornflakes_GLHT (PAID IN FULL)
6. thedon809 (PAID IN FULL)

#36 ·
Dont worry its ok, I put up the list so its public that you paid into the group buy!

I'll probably start buying material once a few more slots are filled. I have a bunch of people asking questions about the BMF so I am pretty sure that wont be too hard.

#37 ·
Okay guys to make things happen I'm cutting the group buy down to 10! Only 4 spots left!!

AND SPECIAL PROMOTION FOR MAY

Orders received in May get a FREE KSM knock sensor mount, or a FREE 4CCM adapter plate, your choice!

3. Mr Overkill (PAID IN FULL)
4. cornflakes_GLHT (PAID IN FULL)
6. thedon809 (PAID IN FULL)

#38 ·
Let's get the show on the road guys

#45 ·
There are other people with the BMF in running engines that have posted about it, but I cant remember who off the top of my head. I have a feeling there are more that have as well, but alot of the customers were folks who did not frequent the forums much so we might not hear too much about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.