Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Need Opinions/Help

Suspension 
607 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ILIKESHELBYS 
#1 ·
I have an 85 dodge daytona turbo, and am currently trying to lower it. I can't find anything except another set of stock springs in order of cutting one set, which I don't plan to do. Is there any places that could make custom lowering springs for it or do you all know of where i can get coilovers/coil sleeves/lowering springs at? Or is there anyway coilovers/coil sleeves/ lowering springs from another car would work on this? Please and thank you.

#3 ·
G-bodys (daytona, laser) shared suspension components with ALL the other K-car based ChryCo's ,.,

{Every Extended K = EEK = EVERY 80's- early 90's ChryCo car EXCEPT the L-bodies (omni, horizon, turismo, rampage, TC3 etc}
see The EEK! mailing list home page

I suggest browsing rockauto's web site and look for 'heavy duty' K-car station wagon springs , or maybe 87 + shelby Z? ..
get those, then trim coils until you have your desired ride height.

#4 ·
Think FWDP has coil-overs as well. If you can find a set of 2801 Eibachs you won't have to cut any coils. It was the 2804's you had to cut some of the progressive coils off the front. FWDP had the 2804's re-made here a while back that are supposed to be lower than the original batch of 2804's so you might not have to cut any coils on that. I have a set but haven't mounted them up yet to see if any coils need to be cut. The 2804's are stiff enough that Koni's are probably required. the 2801's might get by without Koni's as they're a bit softer since they were made for the pre-89 cars with the stub strut front control arms vs the dual pivots of the later cars.

#5 ·
Way back in the day when Mopar Performance offered the "Road Race" springs and performance shocks (Maybe they were Formula GPs) I put those on my 84 Turbo Z and I stuck with the factory wheels and also installed the high performance brake setup that MP offered at the time. That car was about 1" lower than stock, it handled great, looked good, stopped even better, all around great car for auto-cross or SOMEONE WITH TOUGH KIDNEYS! That car rode like a friggin BUCKBOARD on the street and down the expressway. You felt every single bump in the road, pot holes were a disaster and going on short road trips typically resulted in spilling anything that was in the cup holder. Day trips in that car was more like an amusement park ride adventure than a pleasure trip.

Just be sure you actually want the race car look and feel before you actually spend your hard earned green on it. Handled great, rode like shit. It was firm firm firm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.