88 shelby Z's fate. You help!! - Page 2 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Turbo Dodge Help

Turbo Dodge Help Urgent help when something goes wrong with your Dodge and you can't figure out what the problem is. Troubleshooting help and the place to post when you're stuck with a broken car and have to get to work the next day.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
Re: 88 shelby Z's fate. You help!!  
TD New Guy

My Ride: '88 Daytona Shelby Z
1/4: 0.000

Young Gun is keeping the peace
Broke both the bolts/nuts for the straps. Thinking that the only way to really put it back up well enough is to drill a hole and put new bolts/nuts there. Thoughts on this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #17
Dr Doom

My Ride: RUSTY DODGES &FORDS
Engine: 86 T1
Induct: Turbo

Dr. Johny Dodge is keeping our cars running
yep but you'll have to drill right through the crossmember and the floor above it
the heads of the studs are traped between as they were welded to the crossmember before the crossmember was welded into the car
Old 11-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #18
TD New Guy

Drilled holes and welded in some bolts. oh and best news I'm going to be waiting on a new gas tank... Trying to get the fuel pumps lock ring off the rust and the pressure put a hole in it just about the fuel pump. Gave up and didn't even try to get the pump out. ugh. Cannot win
Old 11-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #19
Dr Doom

if you haven't ordered the tank yet look into trying to get a spectra premimum tank
it should still come with new straps and the rings / seals for the pump and sender
(mine came with the extra parts)
the rubber ring for the filler neck can be had new from the dodge dealer - pt cruiser still uses the same one

I have no idea where to get the gromit for the roll over valve on top of the tank
Old 11-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #20
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Johny Dodge View Post
if you haven't ordered the tank yet look into trying to get a spectra premimum tank
it should still come with new straps and the rings / seals for the pump and sender
(mine came with the extra parts)
the rubber ring for the filler neck can be had new from the dodge dealer - pt cruiser still uses the same one

I have no idea where to get the gromit for the roll over valve on top of the tank
Haven't ordered it yet acutally. I was going to check prices tonight. I was thinking rock auto but where can I get this spectra premimum tank? If its a decent price wouldn't be a terrible idea to get the new straps with it. The rubber ring for the fuel neck i was just going to reuse it is actually in good shape.

Now the roll over valve on top.. Plastic looking valve attatched to the top? Mine wasn't hooked to anything...
Old 11-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #21
Dr Doom

the roll over valve is supposed to be conected to the smallest line in the furl line bundle then the charcoal canister at the front end

you'll have to google the spectra tank - I don't know where you would find them - got mine through a radiator company I used to work for
Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #22
TD New Guy

Taken more time then I would have liked but she is alive! She is back in the garage though. Leaking pretty bad from the turbo oil feed line near the side of the head where the rubber portion of that line is. The coolant line above it might be leaking as well.

While I have a love-hate...more hate relationship with this car I have learned so much from it that I can hardly call it a bad experience unless we are talking financially lol. Also a big thank you to this forum for being around and willing to help new people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.