Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Solenoid

565 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NAJ 
#1 · (Edited)
I cant remember who recommended I try this first.

Ok I disconnected line from WG sole, ran it to vac/ manifold source, got only 6psi.

Ran line to purge solenoid, got 7 psi, did same thing ran to egr solenoid, got 7psi.

Hooked back up to WG sole, thing over posted do hard it cut out quick, cause solenoid is bad, an the LM can't read that, so it saved my motor.

Purge and egr soles work, can i use those?????
Bleed the line then , up the boost to 12 from 7???

Whoever it was that said to try the first thing in this post, you rock and kick ass dude. PM an give me some info on what to do now.

#2 ·
Hooked back up to WG sole, thing over posted do hard it cut out quick, cause solenoid is bad, an the LM can't read that, so it saved my motor
Do not keep hitting overboost shutdown or you will not have a motor to save.
Overboost shutdown is just as damaging as going lean, you will break ring lands or blow a headgasket.

I was lucky, only a headgasket.

#3 ·
All solenoids operate the same way and all have 3 ports, an inlet, outlet and a vent that remains open.
The difference in solenoids would be resistance and if they are normally open or normally closed.
An ohmmeter and handheld vacuum pump will tell you what you need to know.
The Mopar # may be stamped on the solenoid body.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.