massive blowby - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Turbo Dodge Help

Turbo Dodge Help Urgent help when something goes wrong with your Dodge and you can't figure out what the problem is. Troubleshooting help and the place to post when you're stuck with a broken car and have to get to work the next day.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
massive blowby  
Boostaholic

Induct: N/A
1/4: 0.000

GhostDaytona is traveling down a dark road
ok, I know I either got a cracked piston, or a set of rings that have went south. Now I can't keep emptying a catch can everyday, so will the following work, till I can get the motor rebuilt.

Splice my blowby line into the turbo oil drain return tube that goes back into the pan? An install a breather element, by the top of the blowby line, to allow gases to escape, but let the blowby of oil return to the pan???

Is this do-able??

Last edited by GhostDaytona; 12-04-2012 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: cause I can't type for hell, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Re: massive blowby  
Holset Booster

My Ride: Lots of TIII cars:-)
Engine: 2.2TIII EDS code
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 12.101

Lotashelbys is keeping the peace
Yes,do exactly that and it will work. More of a band-aid but it might get you by for a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
TD Extreme User!

tryingbe is keeping our cars running
Having gasoline/water mixed oil back into the oil pan in a unheathy engine is not such a good idea, unless you like the bearings to go out prematurely too.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Mr. Moderator

My Ride: 89 Shelby Daytona
Engine: 2.4l

turbokid is keeping the peace
I have always ran a catch can to breather set up and piped it back into the oil pan. But as stated with an unhealthy motor that may not be the best option. I would suggest fixing the car before it gets terrible and takes other pieces out with it like a turbo or stop driving the car altogether. If its pushing that much oil personally I wouldn't drive it...
Old 12-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
CHAMPION OF THE LOG

My Ride: 85 shelby charger
Engine: 2.2l sohc bored.20
Induct: Turbo + Nitrous
1/4: 12.550

onerippinturbo2 is keeping our cars running
sometimes not driving it isnt an option, i get that and have been there myself, with saying that i used to build a replacement engine to take place of the hurt one because most of the time when you keep running them while they are hurt, they wear the cylinder more in the area where the ring land is broke creating a groove or oval cylinder, neither can be fixed in the car when that happens. if you need to drive it, i'd get another engine and start the rebuild process, yea it costs more but really not much considering what your gaining out of it versus trying to correct the damage to the engine that's in the car right now and the down time is less because you can drive it till your done the rebuild as long as you keep up on the oil and not beat it to death.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
Boostaholic

Induct: N/A

GhostDaytona is traveling down a dark road
yeah exactly, when i found out looking at it blow that much oil outta the tube, i took the WG line off the solenoid that doesnt work, and just spliced it into the manifold vac line, so its only doing 6psi, instead of frigging 20. And i changed my driving habits, i take it real easy on this motor now. Im hoping it will hold together with the band-aid that JACKSON said would work, thanks bud, ill be doing that this weekend, till i can save up enough, then im gonna baby it to FWDP, drop it off and have them rebuild the entire motor, and put some goodies in this 525, help it along to. Or i might just update the trans alltogether.

sucks when you only got the one car, i hiope to just find a shitbox beater to drive, while my car is in the shop, soon as i band-aid this thing this weekend, ill post up close pics, so you all can see what i did, on my project log.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
CHAMPION OF THE LOG

My Ride: 85 shelby charger
Engine: 2.2l sohc bored.20
Induct: Turbo + Nitrous
1/4: 12.550

onerippinturbo2 is keeping our cars running
just so you know, there isnt enough goodies in the world to put in to that 525 to make it worth keeping in there.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
TD Extreme User!

tryingbe is keeping our cars running
The blow by's gasoline and moisture will destroy the bearings of the turbo in a short amount of time, then it will kill the main bearings as well.

If you really want this engine to last as long as possible. Dump the catch can every morning and pour fresh new oil to replace. Change the oil every 2000 miles or less.

I'm done with your threads, good luck with your next n/a car.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
Holset Booster

My Ride: Lots of TIII cars:-)
Engine: 2.2TIII EDS code
1/4: 12.101

Lotashelbys is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by onerippinturbo2 View Post
just so you know, there isnt enough goodies in the world to put in to that 525 to make it worth keeping in there.
Exactly! I have a small spline 568 I will sell you and you will be lightyears ahead instead of trying to make a 525 worthy of staying together lol

Last edited by Lotashelbys; 12-06-2012 at 04:57 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.