Problem with Idle - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Turbo Dodge Help

Turbo Dodge Help Urgent help when something goes wrong with your Dodge and you can't figure out what the problem is. Troubleshooting help and the place to post when you're stuck with a broken car and have to get to work the next day.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
Problem with Idle  
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1990 dodge daytona
Engine: 2.5L Turbo I
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

90daytonaturbo is keeping the peace
Ok I have a 1990 daytona 2.5L turbo I (mistu) I am running into the typical fix one problem and run into the next. But this is weird to me car runs and drives good but when I floor the gas to pass another car the heater blows from the floor then when gas is applied the heater changes to defrost, thats not all when I come up to stop light and apply the clutch the car wants to idle way down till it dies this also happens when the car is parked and at normal idle I rev it up a little and when idles down it trys to die. Please can anyone tell me what is going on. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
Re: Problem with Idle  
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 84 Shelby Charger
Engine: 2.2 T2 turob 89 smec
Induct: Turbo + Nitrous

t1turbo is keeping the peace
sounds like your ais motor is not returning to normal idle position when you give it gas... Instead, it is falling below normal idle position and doesn't catch itself until it See's its below normal idle.

Maybe check and reset base idle and inspect ais motor and throttle body for blockage in passages. Inspect your PCV plumbing and vacuum lines for leaks.

It sounds like boost pressure is getting into your vac line for your blower vent controller. The vac line for this runs off your power brake booster inlet. along with your cruise control. I'm guessing there should be a check valve in the line from manifold to booster?
Old 12-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
Sid
TD New Guy

My Ride: Dodge

Sid is keeping the peace
The most common cause of the vents going from heat to defrost is a leaking Actuator. They work of vacuum and when you floor the car, vacuum goes down and the actuator closes. Default setting for the Actuator is "Defrost" That way if the problem happens during a severe snow storm, fogging of glass, you can keep the windshield clear. There are two actuators and they as far as I know, the same.

The problem with the Idle could be due to this since it is a vacuum leak, or as mentioned in the previous reply, the AIS, your Idle Air Control. I had problems with the AIS where idle would drop and almost die and replaced the AIS and solved the problem. So, it could be one...the other...or both. I would definitely check the Actuator first. In all my Chrysler/Dodge, they have gone bad and even in my Audi.

The original part number was 04462918
ACTUATOR, A/C Mode Door, ACTUATOR, A/C Mode Door Vacuum, ACTUATOR, A/C Mode Door Vacuum (1988), ACTUATOR, A/C. Mode Door, ACTUATOR, Heater Mode Door, ACTUATOR, Htr. Mode Door, ACTUATOR, Htr. Mode Door (1988). 1990. # 04462918, 03847849, 04462507

1983 85 87 89 90 dodge plymouth chrysler air conditioning actuator 4462918

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
TD New Guy

My Ride: 86 Daytona Turbo Z
Engine: 2.2L

Rustic4x4 is keeping the peace
same kinda problem. every time i come up to a light and put the cluch in it dies.most times. just put in brand new k&n air filter , new plugs , wires , PCV valve and new belts..i was told it could be the alternator.? everything else on the car works great! minus the tach.but thats another story..please help! new alternator is 200 bucks so id like to get some ideas before i buy one....thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
NAJ
Just A Guy

My Ride: 1990 Daytona Shelby
Engine: 2.2 L VNT
1/4: 15.570

NAJ has really helped outNAJ has really helped out
PM sent to Rustic4x4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.