Is there an easy way to Syphon Gas ?? - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Turbo Dodge Help

Turbo Dodge Help Urgent help when something goes wrong with your Dodge and you can't figure out what the problem is. Troubleshooting help and the place to post when you're stuck with a broken car and have to get to work the next day.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
Is there an easy way to Syphon Gas ??  
Boostaholic

My Ride: 1977 Continental
Engine: 460 Big Block
Induct: N/A
1/4: 0.000

One_Fast_Omni is keeping the peace
I just put my Shadow out to pasture today and it had nearly a full tank of gas in it. I got to thinking a little while ago and said that there isn't any point in leaving the tank nearly full. So is there an easy way to get the gas out of the tank without punching a hole in it? would like to know before tomorrow morning so i can get it done.

Thanks,
Anthony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2005, 04:32 PM   #2

TD Extreme User!

My Ride: TIII R/T
Engine: 2.2L TURBO III
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 13.743

xtrempickup is keeping our cars running
tube down the gas tank fill and a hand pump to get the siphon started
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2005, 04:49 PM   #3

TD Hardcore User!

My Ride: 92 Iroc R/T Red
Engine: TIII

charger R/T is keeping our cars running
if its injected and still has a good fuel pump. take off the fuel line (not the return line) at the rail and jump the fuel pump relay.
Tim
Old 05-28-2005, 05:18 PM   #4

Hybrid Booster

My Ride: 94 Dodge Caravan
Engine: 3.0L V6

mwinkle353 is keeping our cars running
or just drain it from the drain tube on the tank. There should be a black cap on a very short tube on the sending unit (right side as you're looking from the rear of the car). Just place a large enough container under it and pull the cap. Remove the refill cap. then it should just drain out of the tube. No power needed. Just let gravity do it's job.

Wink
Old 05-28-2005, 07:53 PM   #5

Boostaholic

My Ride: 1977 Continental
Engine: 460 Big Block

One_Fast_Omni is keeping the peace
Thanks For the info guys, i'll give it a try tomorrow if the rain lets up
Old 05-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #6

Naturally Aspirated

22dodge is traveling down a dark road
the fuel pump method is the BEST. all you need to do is provide 12v to the correct terminal of the ASD relay. My students just did this on an Acclaim that they are dismantling in the shop. takes about 30 min to drain 16 gal of gas. If you decide to use the syphon method DO NOT suck on a hose. that is a horrible thing to do that can cause serious health problems. I demonstrate to my students 2 SAFE ways to remove gas (the fuel pump method and the syphon method using compressed air) here's what you do. Put your hose down into the tank, take a blow gun and blow air perpendicular to the syphon hose that you will put into your catch can. this creates the same effect as how a paint gun or sand blaster works. Make sure there is no open flames or heat near by... when the gas pulls toward the fast moving air, you will get a spray of fuel. stop the air and put hose into catch can. you now have the syphoning up and running.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #7

Level 1 Supporter

My Ride: 91 Spirit R/T
Engine: T3 POWWA!
Induct: Turbo

Gumpus is keeping the peace
yeah fuel pumps are great for flushing the trans too - thats what use my stocker for since I put in the 255
Old 06-01-2005, 05:46 AM   #8

TD New Guy

5150 is keeping the peace
Dude, clear tubing. I think it's 3/4" id that fits the unleaded filler neck restriction. That way you can see the gas before you swallow it.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:49 PM   #9

TD New Guy

lotushd is keeping the peace
Try this: Blow (don't suck) into the drain tube. The tank fills with pressure, then when you stop blowing, it forces fuel out the tube. You put the tube lower than the tank and the siphon action does the rest.

Dan
Old 06-03-2005, 12:57 AM   #10

Hybrid Booster

macncheese is keeping the peace
i siphoned gas from my dad's car for my three-wheeler once, and i ended up swallowing a mouthful of gas. really sucked pretty bad. but oh yeah, i didn't inhale.
tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.