86 turbo I new yorker - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Engine - General, Exhaust & Induction

Engine - General, Exhaust & Induction Topics about the general engine items, exhaust system discussed here & Improving the intake tract - air filter to intake valve.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
86 turbo I new yorker  
TD New Guy

1/4: 0.000

gunmaster is keeping the peace
Will a HEAD, INTAKE MANIFOLD, EXHAUST MANIFOLD off a 2.5 Turbo I work on my 2.2 turbo I?

I new so take it easy. :)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2006, 07:44 PM   #2

Naturally Aspirated

22dodge is traveling down a dark road
yep, especially the head since the 2.2 and 2.5 use the same exact head!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #3

Legendary Driver

My Ride: 85 GLHT, 87 ShelbyZ,
Engine: 2.2 T2 and 2.5 T2
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 13.882

GLHNSLHT2 has really helped outGLHNSLHT2 has really helped out
I'd put the intake and exhaust manny onto your new yorker if the head on the yorker is good. Then convert your current turbo to T2 specs and update the electronics to run the newer intake and injectors properly. check out www.thedodgegarage.com for more info on the turbo upgrades. Getting the car to T2 specs will make it much much faster. You can't run the newer style intake setup without updating the rest of the car. It won't run properly.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:16 PM   #4

TD New Guy

Thats the whole idea of me asking. :) Thanks! When I get it going I will post some pics and 1/4 times.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #5

TD New Guy

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_glhs.html

Heres a list of parts I have coming
90 Dodge Daytona/Chrysler Lebaron with a 2.5 Turbo 1 motor
HEAD, INTAKE MANIFOLD, EXHAUST MANIFOLD, TURBO(which spooled up excellent), FUEL INJECTORS, FUEL RAIL, VACUUM LINES ON THE INTAKE MANIFOLD, AND THE UPPER WIRING HARNESS FROM THE INJECTORS TO PASSENGER SIDE CONNECTER

The intercooler stuff my friend can handle. I know I need a PCM off a 2.5 TI intercooled car. Im going to look but its going to be tuff. Not really worried.

Anything else?
Old 08-28-2006, 05:58 PM   #6

Legendary Driver

My Ride: 85 GLHT, 87 ShelbyZ,
Engine: 2.2 T2 and 2.5 T2
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 13.882

GLHNSLHT2 has really helped outGLHNSLHT2 has really helped out
Keep your current head if it's good. The 2.5 head has cross-drilled cooling passages. Just bolt the manifolds onto your current setup/motor. Since it's an auto you can pull the whole motor and leave the tranny in the car easily. I'd convert your current turbo to turbo 2 specs by getting T2 housings for it. It will flow better and with exhaust mods will spool just as quickly as the one that's on the 2.5 head.
Vacuum line will need to be redone, easy to do. Use your wiring harness one the 2.5 injectors.
For the computer you have a couple options. Upgrade to 1987 T2 electronics and have someone (vendor/or someone that can tune the computer code) make you a Logic module that will run it. Or keep an eye out at the J-yard for a 1988 Turbo New yorker, Grab it's wiring harness from the firewall to the front of the car and plug it into your firewall connector. Then you'll need a PCM from an 1989 2.5 T1 car. Add the i/c and you're good to go.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:12 PM   #7

TD New Guy

Thanks for helping out!

1)I will check my head. I read that the 2.5 gain some tq down low is that about right?

2)So when im all done. Will this make my mpg computer not fuctional?

3)If I go with the 2.5 im guessing the mpg will be the same. Im getting 27mpg at 65mph.

4)Right now the new yorker hits a wall at 65mph. Now the limit in ND is 75mph. Whats the best way to sharper that up 2.5 head?
Old 09-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #8

TD New Guy

anyone? yes no maybe?
Old 09-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #9

Naturally Aspirated

22dodge is traveling down a dark road
it's fine just leave it alone. as soon as your start messing with stuff you will have problems guaranteed
Old 09-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #10

TD New Guy

I wil ask my friend who worked on these when they were new. He would be the one to know. He wented to a viper repair class before the viper hit the floor. I tihink the 2.2 and 2.5 should be cake to im.

The 2.2 is what im planning to stay with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.