ANOTHER question (sorry) Weber Carburetor? - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Engine - General, Exhaust & Induction

Engine - General, Exhaust & Induction Topics about the general engine items, exhaust system discussed here & Improving the intake tract - air filter to intake valve.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
ANOTHER question (sorry) Weber Carburetor?  
Boostaholic

My Ride: 1984 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.2L
Induct: N/A
1/4: 0.000

Hemizach is keeping the peace
I heard that one of the first things that people do to the non-turbo cars is to put a Weber carb on them, what is the model of the carb? And also, where can I get one, I searched google with nothing helpful. And lastly, is it a direct bolt-on or will it need some sort of modification?

I am really beginning to annoy myself, can't imagine how you guys feel about me, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2008, 03:06 AM   #2
Re: ANOTHER question (sorry) Weber Carburetor?  
Helping when I can

My Ride: 85SC/86SC/91RT/73SE
Engine: 2.2/2.2/2.2/6.6

Screamin4banger is keeping the peace
depends on what you're talking about?

the holley on your car is a weber design licensed to holley.
you can find similiarly designed carbs licensed to motorcraft for use on fords
and you can find a 'weber' one...

or do you mean 4 side-draft webers? cause that's cool

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
TD Extreme User!

My Ride: 92' RT/87' Shelby Z
Engine: 2.2L TIII/TII
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 111.340

bansheenut420 is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemizach View Post
I am really beginning to annoy myself, can't imagine how you guys feel about me, lol.
Were feeling that we are glad you are here. Asking questions is how we learn, so never feel like you cant ask a question here. Thats what we are here for. Now, I just wish I could help you with your question. lol
Old 06-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
Boostaholic

I'm actually trying to figure out what I mean myself, all somone mentioned was a carb swap, GRRRRR
Old 06-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #5
TD New Guy

My Ride: beaters.

nate@truetech is keeping the peace
uhh how would one tune that in the pic??

is that a turbo motor converted to N/A??
Old 06-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #6
Super Pope

The Pope has really helped outThe Pope has really helped out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemizach View Post
I heard that one of the first things that people do to the non-turbo cars is to put a Weber carb on them, what is the model of the carb? And also, where can I get one, I searched google with nothing helpful. And lastly, is it a direct bolt-on or will it need some sort of modification?

the best is the Weber K453 kit and it requires some throttle bracket work.

Running a ported head, header and a cam? Then get a 350 CFM Demon 2 barrel.

I added one to T1turbo's 87 Horizon and helped him with the car. It is like a 40 HP shot of nitrous on most with a POS Holley.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:44 AM   #7
Re: ANOTHER question (about carbs)  
Boostaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
the best is the Weber K453 kit and it requires some throttle bracket work.

Running a ported head, header and a cam? Then get a 350 CFM Demon 2 barrel.

I added one to T1turbo's 87 Horizon and helped him with the car. It is like a 40 HP shot of nitrous on most with a POS Holley.
And now I am going to make myself look like a dumbass.... Are there 2 barrel carbs that actually fit on my rampage? I mean, are there any that will bolt right on? Does the demon?

Sorry for all of the friggen questions guys...
Old 06-10-2008, 12:49 AM   #8
Boostaholic

My Ride: 86 SC, 00 focus dd
Engine: 2.2 TI

Sittn86 is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheenut420 View Post
Were feeling that we are glad you are here. Asking questions is how we learn, so never feel like you cant ask a question here. Thats what we are here for. Now, I just wish I could help you with your question. lol
+1
Old 06-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
Naturally Aspirated

22dodge is traveling down a dark road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittn86 View Post
+1
So why post if you have nothing to add?

Hemizach, to answer your question, you need to provide as much information as possible. What kind of car (rampage), How you plan on using? Amount of $ you can afford to put into the project? And some background on your abilities would help too.

The Weber DGV series carb works great up to 200hp. It is very streetable and tunable. This carb bolts right onto the stock carb intake, however some fabrication is needed. You'll need to open up the holes in the intake spacer because the Weber carb butterflies are reversed from the stock carb (I mean the 32mm and 36mm bores are opposite position). The other fabrication will be you need to make an arm for the carb linkage to attach to the stock cable. You'll also need to get a Weber air cleaner. There are MANY shops that sell Weber carbs and parts. Red Line, The Carb Shop, Pegasus are some companies that I buy Weber parts from. Infact I just bought an adapter plate to bolt a weber carb to a Mitsubishi 2.6 in my Dodge Raider. (Minuki carbs suck to say the least)
Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
TD New Guy

My Ride: 87 Dodge Raider

superprobie is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22dodge View Post
So why post if you have nothing to add?

Hemizach, to answer your question, you need to provide as much information as possible. What kind of car (rampage), How you plan on using? Amount of $ you can afford to put into the project? And some background on your abilities would help too.

The Weber DGV series carb works great up to 200hp. It is very streetable and tunable. This carb bolts right onto the stock carb intake, however some fabrication is needed. You'll need to open up the holes in the intake spacer because the Weber carb butterflies are reversed from the stock carb (I mean the 32mm and 36mm bores are opposite position). The other fabrication will be you need to make an arm for the carb linkage to attach to the stock cable. You'll also need to get a Weber air cleaner. There are MANY shops that sell Weber carbs and parts. Red Line, The Carb Shop, Pegasus are some companies that I buy Weber parts from. Infact I just bought an adapter plate to bolt a weber carb to a Mitsubishi 2.6 in my Dodge Raider. (Minuki carbs suck to say the least)
I have an 87 Raider with the 2.6 Mits in it as well. I bought it with a blown engine. I have rebuilt the engine but I feel that it is rather gutless. I top out at 55 MPH downhill WOT. At the slightest incline, it falls on its face. I can only assume that it is all stock on the rig. I bored it at .020 over and replaced with standard componets otherwise. I received my Weber carb in the mail yesterday and plan on putting it on within the next few weeks. If you have any pointers I would greatly appreciate it. I will be replacing the fuel pump during this as well.

One other question I have:

My check EGR light stays on all the time. Is there a way to remove all emissions without screwing everything else up? I have already removed the converter from the exhaust. I also have an additional engine that I will build fairly tough, it is a slow project.

This will be my first 2.6 build. I mainly have messed with Chevy 350, 454, and 540's, old school. This is a toy but would like it to run right.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
Das Beste Oder Nichts

My Ride: 92 Daytona
Engine: 2.5L T1

92TurboTona is ready to make a name for oneself
the weber you speak of is weber 32/36 D series carb, as those are a direct bolt in but require throttle bracket modification which you just use your stock holley bracket
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #12
TD New Guy

With all the anticipation I decided to tackle the Weber carb swap. I started by removing all the vacuum lines. Then I pulled the old carb off. This was the easy part. Then I began to figure out how to put the new one on. I noticed one of the adapter plates has a bracket molded into it. I decided this was the bottom bracket. After placing it on the intake and putting the other plate on, I mounted the new carb. I HAVE NOT put an inline electric fuel pump on at this point. I used the return fuel hose and placed it on the factory fuel pump where I believe a return line would go from the factory carb. I hooked up the fuel in line to the Weber and ran a vacuum line from the carb to the distrubtor. This was my first question. My distributor had two vacuum lines on it. For the time being I have placed a "T" in the line and hooked them both to the carb. Is this the normal method??

ANOTHER question (sorry) Weber Carburetor?-image2.jpg

ANOTHER question (sorry) Weber Carburetor?-image.jpg

Now the next thing that happened was I placed the bottom bracket on wrong. It would appear that the factory carb has a water jacket that runs through it, where the weber does not. I had to take it all off and rotate the place 180 degrees. This blocked the water jacket in the intake of. I noticed this after I had the Weber carb on and Ol Faithful was running. It started pouring water out between the intake and the bottom plate. I have attached a picture of it but it is hard to make out. I will attempt to get more.

ANOTHER question (sorry) Weber Carburetor?-image1.jpg

One other thing. I have yet to install the electric fuel pump but would using my factory fuel pump cause this to run real rich or could that be from the distributor vacuum lines. I have attempted to adjust the carb several times according to the paperwork but it is real rich. Burns the ol' eyes real quick.

I hope this post will help someone out greatly and I also hope to get some help in return. I will post more this weekend (Jan 2013) with some pics of what I removed and disconnected.

Thanks and Your Welcome, in advance.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
Das Beste Oder Nichts

how far did you jump up in jetting as i would only recommend going in increments of 5 as they can easily throw everything off even with 2 jet sizes
Old 01-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #14
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92TurboTona View Post
how far did you jump up in jetting as i would only recommend going in increments of 5 as they can easily throw everything off even with 2 jet sizes
Not real sure what you mean. I did nothing with the jets. I just bolted it on.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #15
Das Beste Oder Nichts

Okay just making sure to see if you changed jetting, been awhile since I had a 2.6 in my conquest but that was fuel injected
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.