Port Amount? - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Engine - General, Exhaust & Induction

Engine - General, Exhaust & Induction Topics about the general engine items, exhaust system discussed here & Improving the intake tract - air filter to intake valve.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
Port Amount?  
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1992 Dodge Daytona
Engine: 2.5L 4cyl
Induct: N/A
1/4: 0.000

TD Dom 92 is keeping the peace
So I'm porting the head on my 2.5, and I have it porter to the point of it almost being flat and completely flush. Is it possible to make it completely flat and flush without going through the head or causing other problems? For an engine that makes 100hp bone stock, I want to get the most out of it I possibly can. It's been cleaned extremely, and I'm estimating a 50hp increase just from what's been done. In other words, without buying any aftermarket anything, I've boosted the hp from 100 to 150 with what came from the factory. So how much can be potted without wrecking it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Re: Port Amount?  
Hybrid Booster

My Ride: 87 CSX#193/ Daytona
Engine: 2.2 Turbo
Induct: Turbo

turbot11 is keeping the peace
A ton, I ported the head that's now on my Omni I couldn't believe the amount I removed without hitting a passage. I was able to almost completely remove the hump in the exhaust runner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Das Beste Oder Nichts

My Ride: 92 Daytona
Engine: 2.5L T1

92TurboTona is ready to make a name for oneself
thats exactly what i am going to do with my 2.5 head on my tona, i will port the hell out it along with intake and exhaust manifolds for maximum flow
Old 07-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #4
TD New Guy

My Ride: 1992 Dodge Daytona
Engine: 2.5L 4cyl
Induct: N/A

TD Dom 92 is keeping the peace
Thanks for that, but I mean "potted the hell out" the he'll is different for everyone. Is the maximum like making it completely flush with the intake port? Or can you even expand the size of the hole?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 87 GLHS
Engine: 2.2L

Katlaw is keeping the peace
You don't want the intake perfectly smooth or fuel can fall out of the mixture. You also want to keep some velocity going past the quench point. The right velocity will force the air into the cylinder even after the piston starts it's upward travel and continue right up until the valve closes!

I'm going to open up the intake runners and add some velocity porting on a spare 782 head, then add some texturing on the intake side (ala Mike Holler & Powre Lynz) and probably a Somender Groove as well.

I'm hoping to get near the 300hp with these mods running the 86 GLHS electronics and +20 injectors.

Law
Old 07-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #6
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: 87 Shelby Charger
Engine: 2.2.2 8 valve
1/4: 12.250

boost geek is keeping the peace
General rule of thumb: Don't touch the floors.

Dyno'd last week at 386 hp, 324 tq at 27 psi at the wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2.5, cylinder, head, polish, port

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.