Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Intercooler pipe routing

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  acannell 
#1 ·
Hey guys, i was a little lost these past few months. But im back and with some goodies for my daytona, she finally deserves them.

So i bought a same side IN/OUT intercooler (along some other stuff) to replace the POS OEM one. But im having real trouble in figuring out how to route the piping, since there are no aftermarket intercooler piping for our cars, or at least that i know of.

If i buy an universal intercooler piping kit, by the way the pipes look it seems that i wont be using a lot of the pipes they come with and may have to cut some of them to make them fit.

If you could help me by posting some pics and some advices on what should i do and get (im aware that i'll have to cut some holes on the defense to make the pipes go thru the engine).

I used the search engine and found out that some people use smaller radiators and move some other stuff. I have the stock A/C but im considering on removing it, in this year i have taken the car to fix the A/C 3 times, maybe thats a sing of some kind, but with 120 F daily summer days, its almost a must have.

#8 ·
On the radiator issue: you can unbolt the factory intercooler from it, and the radiator will stay. The brackets that hold the radiator in the car on the driver's side, also have the intercooler mounted to them. Just unbolt the intercooler, and leave the brackets there.

#10 ·
if you remove the stock intercooler you'll have room for the pipes. order the universal pipe kit. better to have more pipe than too little. i didn't move my a/c condenser or radiator for mine. i'm still using a stock hose on the driver side, but it all works the same.
y defensa es "bumper" en ingles.

#14 ·
Sorry bro, i tought you were "American". I was visiting my dad who lives in Dallas and since it's very close, we decided to go to the game, i've been a thunder fan since they moved from Seattle, weird that i didn't like the supersonics and now i love the thunder, even if they were the same team sometime 4-5 years ago.

Hey acannell, where did you put the radiator bottle? I was looking at the engine bay this evening and realized that it will probably be in the way of the piping. Since im gonna go 3" all the way in and out (exhaust) i think i'll have to make the holes bigger (don't we all love to destroy stuff). I also noticed that you moved yourbattery position to a vertical position. BTW your engine bay looks so amazing, i hope mine does look like thatsome time in the future.

Pictures like those ones are the ones that really help me make up my mind.

#13 ·
im not sure what daytona you have, but I put in a huge same side intercooler without moving the condensor or changing the radiator at all. custom brackets put it in front of everything, and you cut a big hole in front of the radiator bottle.

you have to get rid of the radiator bottle too. this fit 2.5" plumbing okay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.