srt4 ??? - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Engine - General, Exhaust & Induction

Engine - General, Exhaust & Induction Topics about the general engine items, exhaust system discussed here & Improving the intake tract - air filter to intake valve.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
srt4 ???  
TD New Guy

My Ride: dodge srt-4
1/4: 0.000

cory crayton is keeping the peace
Well I have a 2004 dodge Srt4 and when I get more then 3/4 down onb the pedal it cuts down and sounds like a subaruu I need help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Re: srt4 ???  
Garrett Booster

My Ride: Kia Rio/ 90 Spirit
Engine: 2.2
Induct: Turbo

Mr. Stroker is keeping the peace
Sounds like your going I to over boost...if the SRT does that like the old cars. Perhaps someone with some knowledge can chime in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
TD New Guy

My Ride: 96 Neon
Engine: 2.0 Turbo SOHC
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 12.810

SPL Neon is keeping the peace
Or you are getting spark Blow Out. Pull the Plugs and check the Gap. I run our NSRT-4 Swapped First Gen Neon at .028 Gap running 18psi Boost with Holset HE35
If it is Overboosting; Check the Wastegate Boost Referance Line for Leaks/Cracks.
Disconect the Battery, Touch the Pos and Neg terminals together for 15 seconds (Not on the Battery- I assume you know this but Just saying...) and that will discharge any stored power in the PCM. Hook it back up and see if it is boosting like it is supposed to with PCM Controlled Boost.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Garrett Booster

My Ride: plmouth duster
Engine: 3.0
Induct: N/A

ub3r l33t dud3 is keeping the peace
does it happen when it gets under boost or is it only affected by how much throttle you give it?

if it is when the car builds up boost it probably is spark blow out, this would be cause by bad sparkplugs, bad coil, or the wrong kind of sparkplugs.
for example when i changed the sparkplugs in my GTI i replaced them with cheaper plugs and they caused to much of a voltage drop, i bought some NGK plugs and it worked fine.the reason this happens is because the air is thicker when under boost, so the spark needs more push (voltage) to jump through denser air.

now if it happens in direct connection to the peddle it is probably a bad coil.\
in some cases before they completely die, they will give spark just fine on an idle or on low throttle, however if you open the throttle more it isn't working good enough to send good spark and so the engine misfires.

a good way to tell the difference between plugs and coils is to find out which cylinder is misfiring, (with an obd2 scanner) then swap the coil with one from a different cylinder, if the same cylinder is misfiring it is probably the sparkplug. good luck and tell us what you find out!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
TD New Guy

My Ride: dodge srt-4

cory crayton is keeping the peace
its more when i get on it it just souds like it cuts down,ive already changed plugs, wires, coilpack, and thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.