what's the overboost set at on a 88 2.2 turbo 2 engine - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Engine - Turbo & Block

Engine - Turbo & Block Modifications and upgrades to maximize your Dodges turbo output & Improving strength and durability - pistons to crank.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
what's the overboost set at on a 88 2.2 turbo 2 engine  
TD New Guy

My Ride: 88shelby z
Engine: 2.2
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 14.875

driftR420 is keeping the peace
so i bought a 88 shelby z with a 2.2 turbo 2 ,and i bought a new boost gauge and a air fuel gauge and their both hooked up. so today i'm looking for what are some good levels to crank my pressure up to are. but i can't seem to find what my factory overboost setting is. does anybody have any idea what it's set at. i don't want to find out the hard way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2005, 06:41 PM   #2

Hybrid Booster

1/4: 0.000

xrattiracer is keeping the peace
it wont hurt anything to hit the factory overboost cutout, so dont be afraid to do it the "hard way". im not sure what it is on that but i wanna say 14 psi or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2005, 07:07 PM   #3

Garrett Booster

1/4: 0.000

London Shelby is keeping the peace
Over boost for 88 TII is 14psi, and you can easily push 14-16 psi with ya TII just watch ya A/F near the 16 range and tone it down if ya can feel your turbo struggling, but with just a stock TII set up 16 PSI is good
Old 02-21-2005, 07:13 PM   #4

TD Extreme User!

My Ride: 1989 Turbo Caravan
Engine: 2.5L TIII DOHC
1/4: 12.570

turbovanman is ready to make a name for oneself
Watch your gauges carefully. When you hit overboost, it will hit with a bang, will feel like you hit a brick wall, its fast and sudden. How are you going to turn the boost up, you need an MBC or something similar?

A good site to go visit and learn all about our lovely engines is

www.thedodgegarage.com
Old 02-25-2005, 01:47 PM   #5

TD New Guy

My Ride: 88shelby z
Engine: 2.2
1/4: 14.875

driftR420 is keeping the peace
thanks guy's. yea i have a mbc but i'm alittle wary of this car because i just re-built the top end about a week ago. so i don't want to hurt her.
i have another ? for u though, i bought a logic board for my 85 2.2 tubro and it made a world of diffrence and i would like to find something simlar for the 88 shelbyz but mopar dosen't list anything after 87 for logic boards. so do u guy's have any suggestions for me.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:48 PM   #6

TD Extreme User!

My Ride: 1987 Shelby GLHS 189
Engine: 2.2L
1/4: 12.510

glhsken helps prevent catastrophic car failureglhsken helps prevent catastrophic car failureglhsken helps prevent catastrophic car failureglhsken helps prevent catastrophic car failureglhsken helps prevent catastrophic car failureglhsken helps prevent catastrophic car failure
14.7 psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.