1985 Dodge 600 turbo 2.2 mpfi - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
Engine Management, Fuel, Spark, EGTs, and Air/Fuel Ratios This forum includes general electrical, modification, tuning, repair, replacement, identification and restoration of all components mentioned above including SMEC, SBEC, Logic Modules, aftermarket engine management, etc. Nitrous oxide posts go in here. This is the place

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-19-2017, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
TD New Guy

My Ride: Dodge 600 Conv
Engine: 2.2 Turbo
1/4: 0.000

Angry 1985 Dodge 600 turbo 2.2 mpfi

I have an 85 Dodge 600 with 2.2 mpfi engine, turbo. I just replaced the plugs, the distributor pick up, the rotor and cap. The old plugs were totally fouled with carbon, this thing is running so Rich it runs you out of the garage. I have pulled the TB to clean it and inspect the AIS motor which is the old gear drive type and clean it. I also have a new map sensor which is mounted inside at the passenger side kick panel on the ECM. What else would cause this engine to run so Rich?. I have not done the map yet, and it dosn,the act like vacuum leak.? Could it be an ECM problem with engine management?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-19-2017, 11:24 PM
Hybrid Booster

1/4: 0.000

Re: 1985 Dodge 600 turbo 2.2 mpfi

The first thing to do is check codes.

Thanks
Randy

MiniMopar Resources
post #3 of 3 Old 04-20-2017, 06:10 AM
NAJ
Just A Guy

My Ride: 1990 Daytona Shelby
Engine: 2.2 L VNT
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 15.570

Re: 1985 Dodge 600 turbo 2.2 mpfi

On an 85 the computer is "stupid" and accepts all sensor readings as correct.

If you are running rich you need to check...
1)Fuel Pressure
Static Pressure = 53-57 PSI
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...-93-turbo.html

2)Fuel Pressure Regulator
Remove vacuum line from FPR and look for raw fuel in the line

3)Engine Vacuum...
16-20" HG at a manifold source and at the Map Sensor.
Low Vacuum to Map means the controller thinks there is more air so it adds more fuel = Running Rich
a)Tee a vacuum gauge inline between the manifold and baro sensor and then at the map sensor.
b)Engine vacuum needs to be 16-20" HG at idle
c)Snap the throttle open, vacuum should drop to almost 0 and then return to normal.

4)Map Sensor Calibration
Initial Baro Reading must equal actual barometric pressure and engine running voltage must be equal to actual pressure.
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...agnostics.html

4)Coolant Temp Sensor Calibration

85/86 Map Sensor Connector

Jan
1990 Daytona Shelby VNT

38 Years ASE Certified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page