1992 Custom Ecu LOOK! - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Engine Management, Fuel, Spark, EGTs, and Air/Fuel Ratios

Engine Management, Fuel, Spark, EGTs, and Air/Fuel Ratios This forum includes general electrical, modification, tuning, repair, replacement, identification and restoration of all components mentioned above including SMEC, SBEC, Logic Modules, aftermarket engine management, etc. Nitrous oxide posts go in here. This is the place

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Exclamation 1992 Custom Ecu LOOK!  
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 92 Dodge shadow ES
Engine: 2.5Es Turbo
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

Acidreian is keeping the peace
I have a sock OEM 1992 Turbo ecu i want to get a good Cal done to it but i took the ecu apart and i looked at my eprom it has 32 pins thats 4 more pins then the sbec I. Being that my ecu is a Sbec II it has 32 pins? so all other cal'd eproms are to small by 4 pins?

what can i do does anyone have cal'd 32 eprom for a 1992?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
Re: 1992 Custom Ecu LOOK!  
Level 1 Supporter

My Ride: Daytona C/S
Engine: 2.5L T1
1/4: 13.540

Shel-Game is keeping our cars runningShel-Game is keeping our cars running
You can use an 87C257 just like the SBEC-I. THat 32-pin chip in flashable in-circuit, but you need Chryslers adapter to flash that chip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Garrett Booster

every programmed eprom i have found was a 28 pi
Old 08-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
TD Hardcore User!

My Ride: 1992 Dodge Daytona
Engine: 2.5l I-4 super 60

phantomrt is keeping our cars running
Interesting, so you can just yank out the bigger chip and slap in a smaller one? Is it really that simple?
Old 08-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
Garrett Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomrt View Post
Interesting, so you can just yank out the bigger chip and slap in a smaller one? Is it really that simple?
dude i been trying to figure this oit for days my stock chip is a 32pin eprom and all the moded chips i have found are 28pins and some one told me on the 32pins that there the same thing but 4 pins are used for nothing and that it was possible to just pop the new one in but I'm getting more and more frustrated trying to figure this out
Old 08-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
TD Hardcore User!

You can just buy a re-cal. Terboz Unleeshd (can't spell it correctly here because turbododge used to ban the term from showing up. FWDPerformance also sells them.

I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for available funds in order to start playing with my car some more, and one of these re-cals is high on the list. A homeowner living alone with a $13/hr day job and 62 mile round-trip commute doesn't have bucks to blow... unlike the DSM kid down the road who lives at home.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #7
Garrett Booster

Quote:
You can just buy a re-cal. Terboz Unleeshd (can't spell it correctly here because turbododge used to ban the term from showing up. FWDPerformance also sells them.

I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for available funds in order to start playing with my car some more, and one of these re-cals is high on the list. A homeowner living alone with a $13/hr day job and 62 mile round-trip commute doesn't have bucks to blow... unlike the DSM kid down the road who lives at home.
from fwd its 200+shipping plus 3 week wait and Tu its like 400$
i can't aford half that lol so anyone know knows there stuff please inform me
Old 08-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
Una
Permanently banned

My Ride: '84 Dodge Rampage
Engine: 2.5L

Una is making this site a better placeUna is making this site a better placeUna is making this site a better placeUna is making this site a better place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shel-Game View Post
You can use an 87C257 just like the SBEC-I. THat 32-pin chip in flashable in-circuit, but you need Chryslers adapter to flash that chip.
Shel-Game is THE expert. You've already been handed the correct answer.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #9
TD Hardcore User!

With that said, can I pry out the chip of a modified 1991 SBEC and just place it into my P/N 4714122 SBEC-II?

I have one of these SBEC-II's that appears to have been socketed already, possibly done as a repair once upon a time. The goop was scraped away, a chip removed, a socket installed, and re-gooped up to the bottom of the socket, leaving the chip exposed and free to remove / install at will. I bought it 10+ years ago and nobody knows how it ended up like that.

EDIT: Actually, you say you have a 1992 Shadow... factory turbo? Extremely rare option. Can you toss me the part number of the SBEC? Some other forum members with the same car did not have corresponding 1992 SBEC-II's in them. It should be something like 467 2125 or 471-4122. The chip I was referring to above has the part number on it, as do all the other T-1 SBEC-II's I have.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #10
Garrett Booster

Quote:
With that said, can I pry out the chip of a modified 1991 SBEC and just place it into my P/N 4714122 SBEC-II?

I have one of these SBEC-II's that appears to have been socketed already, possibly done as a repair once upon a time. The goop was scraped away, a chip removed, a socket installed, and re-gooped up to the bottom of the socket, leaving the chip exposed and free to remove / install at will. I bought it 10+ years ago and nobody knows how it ended up like that.

EDIT: Actually, you say you have a 1992 Shadow... factory turbo? Extremely rare option. Can you toss me the part number of the SBEC? Some other forum members with the same car did not have corresponding 1992 SBEC-II's in them. It should be something like 467 2125 or 471-4122. The chip I was referring to above has the part number on it, as do all the other T-1 SBEC-II's I have.
i know les then 2% were turbo 2.5's in 1992 what part number u want off the eprom chip or the plastic cover? that sbec II ecu you have has a socket done to it zend me pictures detailed because mine its 32 pin and u say urs has the ablity to socket a 28 i need to know what pins where unused
Old 08-30-2010, 06:59 AM   #11
TD Hardcore User!

The eeprom chip and the number on the sticker on the plastic air duct elbow have the same numbers on them. Well, they each have a bunch of numbers, but they share a specific number. In this case, 471 4122

One picture is of how it had tape over it to help protect it. I peeled that off, and then got what you see in the other picture. The other T-1 SBEC-II computers (I have about 5, and 2 are in running cars and a sixth if you count the 1994 FFV computer)

I took these pictures years ago with a crappy camera. I bought this from Cliff Ramsdell 10+ years ago and he got it from another person who was active on the SDML and such back then. The way Cliff made it sound, this person wasn't smart enough to do anything useful or as creative enough to socket this thing.

Its socketed, but it is still a 32-pin chip and 32 pin socket in there. Perhaps the original style. I could, in theory, pluck this 32 pin chip out and shove in a 28 pin

So, how it ended up like this is still a total mystery. I'm guessing it was repaired.
Attached Thumbnails
1992 Custom Ecu LOOK!-p1010004.jpg   1992 Custom Ecu LOOK!-p1010001.jpg  
Old 08-30-2010, 11:37 AM   #12
Garrett Booster

well thatd weird i haven't removed my 32eprom because i still want an answer on wether or not you can put a 28 in its place and how to socket it in.. but yah those sbec II's turbo cars or no and do they all have 32's in it
Old 08-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #13
Una
Permanently banned

Una is making this site a better placeUna is making this site a better placeUna is making this site a better placeUna is making this site a better place
YES. YOU CAN PUT A 28PIN IN IT'S PLACE. THIS IS HOW YOU SOCKET IT.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #14
Garrett Booster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaClocker View Post
YES. YOU CAN PUT A 28PIN IN IT'S PLACE. THIS IS HOW YOU SOCKET IT.
maybe its me but i don't know which side the 28 pin would be socketed into because like i keep saying there's gonna be unused sockets
Old 08-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #15
Una
Permanently banned

The 4 unused holes will be the farthest inboard holes, farthest from the edge of the board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.