2.2 TI Modifications 'Dial it all in' tech help needed - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Engine Management, Fuel, Spark, EGTs, and Air/Fuel Ratios

Engine Management, Fuel, Spark, EGTs, and Air/Fuel Ratios This forum includes general electrical, modification, tuning, repair, replacement, identification and restoration of all components mentioned above including SMEC, SBEC, Logic Modules, aftermarket engine management, etc. Nitrous oxide posts go in here. This is the place

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #1
2.2 TI Modifications 'Dial it all in' tech help needed  
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 86 le baron 2.2 turb
1/4: 0.000

funatic is keeping the peace
Any of you fine gents located anywhere near SB/Ventura/LA who would like to help do the final dialing in of performance mods on my 86 Le Baron Mark Cross Special?

All mods done thanks to this TD forum.

Nothing radical, just daily driver mods including balanced, lightly ported, cutback valve work, TII rods rebuild.

Added ported/polished exhaust manifold, 1 1/2" swing valve, FWD mandrel bend down pipe and exhaust all the way back, under drive pulley, FWD Stage II computer, Omari boost and oil pressure gauges, wide band gauge [kept the Dawes Device] new vacuum block and lines and trunk mounted water/meth injection.

Had the front end gone through, installed poly motor mounts and had a full transmission service including a new flex plate.

Just passed CA smog and ready to really enjoy this nice car that I have owned and wanted to do "sleeper" mods on for almost fifteen years.

The car has almost no turbo lag, runs great but chews up gas [average 16 mpg] and only boosts up to 7 psi or so where it used to push 16 psi no problem.

Runs smooth and strong but I know has run quicker and should have more power.

Might be ready for a new calibration. Also I have an adjustable cam gear that I would like to set up and install.

Would very much appreciate working with - or just even outright paying someone - to help dial all this work in. The only really experienced 2.2 tech that I have known was Hemi in Satacoy, but he has retired to Arizona...

Thanks for reading through this. Let me know if anyone out there is or can led me to the right man - or, hey, woman!

Time to really earn the right to paste this badge front and center:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
Re: 2.2 TI Modifications 'Dial it all in' tech help needed  
Super Pope

Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

The Pope has really helped outThe Pope has really helped out
I think your vac block leaks or your out right not getting a good signal to the map. So at the map I would be your vac level is low, causing it to eat fuel. The 7 PSI also tells me your new vac lines don't have the restrictor put back in. So your line is getting too much air to the wastegate, or the lines are wrong and your getting full air to the WG can.

Don't run the water / meth injection, consider going T2 or look into having a 3 bar FFV injector cal made for it for using E85. Then you can run the computer controled boost for 10 PSI part throttle and 18 PSI WOT throttle. Running a +20 T2 fuel curve and the extra spark of the 85 cal should be pretty close.

Also running the Dawaes instead of a wideband is a bad idea. Also you can slighting bump the voltage to the computer, using the wide band signal to the computer and get better mileage. If anything the signal is just a ton better giving better mileage.

84 DC Shelby Rampage
86 GLHS 76
89 CSX 187
92 2.5 Turbo ES Shadow Convertable
70 R/T SE Challenger, supercharged 340
05 PT GT
93 Cummins

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.