1992 Dodge Daytona IROC 2.5L, Neon Tranny Swap? (Auto) - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Transmission, Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels

Transmission, Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels This Dodge forum includes modification, tuning, repair, replacement, identification and restoration of manual and automatic transaxles, shifters, torque converters, flexplates, flywheels, ring gears, axles, and differentials including open, friction, and Q. This forum also includes modification, repair, replacement, identification and restoration of the above parts and how to tune them for better traction and handling. Also includes wheel bearings and hubs, wheel studs and nuts, wheel spacers, and other related items. Sponsored by Discount Tire

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
1992 Dodge Daytona IROC 2.5L, Neon Tranny Swap? (Auto)  
TD New Guy

My Ride: Dodge Daytona IROC
Engine: 4cyl Turbocharged, 2.5L
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

MoParzych is keeping the peace
I JUST got a 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC 2.5L Turbo today. It's an automatic. On my drive home I noticed the tranny was slipping a bit, it needs new fluids (not pink and pretty anymore) and a filter. My father, who owned a Chrysler Laser, VNT Daytona and a Turbo Shadow, said that you could do a swap (pretty easily) with a Neon 3-speed (31TH) transmission, and it has better shifting points. This is just for future thoughts, and like I said, I just barely got it today, I know a bit about it, but not a lot so I was looking for some advice. Alternative options are appreciated as well. Thank you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
Re: 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC 2.5L, Neon Tranny Swap? (Auto)  

My Ride: 1988 Daytona CS
Engine: 2.2L Turbo I

Jakecs is ready to make a name for oneself
Well lol a 31th is actually an a413 so I'd imagine the swap is doable with minimal differences.

I, however, would stick with the factory trans because they are supposed to be strengthened on the turbo cars.

Welcome to the forum, once again. You have 1 of 230 2.5 turbos of that year btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
TD New Guy

My Ride: Dodge Daytona IROC
Engine: 4cyl Turbocharged, 2.5L
Induct: Turbo

MoParzych is keeping the peace
I was leaning towards (more like against) the idea of keeping the original transmission in it, but it was just an idea I was playing with. Thanks for the input!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #4

My Ride: 1988 Daytona CS
Engine: 2.2L Turbo I

Jakecs is ready to make a name for oneself
Yeah, not sayin the neon trans would even cause problems, but its jsut something to think about.

The turbo trans has a high stall converter as well, turbos put a lot more load on the trans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
automatic, daytona, iroc, neon, transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.