86 Turbo-Z build - Page 2 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Technical Chat > Project Log

Project Log Post your project logs here

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #16
Re: 86 Turbo-Z build  
Ballin' on a budget

My Ride: 86 Daytona TurboZ CS
Engine: 2.2 tI
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

Dstratt01 is keeping the peace
alright so I havent had much to do on it lately other than break stuff... but i did find one more vac line that is cut. however I cant figure out what it is for. its on the firewall and looks like its plugged into the master cylinder? maybe im just having a total brain fart on it but Im just wondering if i should splice a line onto it and my vac block. any help is appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #17
Level 4 Supporter

My Ride: 86 Laser XT
Engine: 2.2 T1

sparky305 is keeping the peace
This is going to your heater controls inside the car.
The yellow arrows indicate where the line leaves the booster to where it enters the firewall.
The red arrows show the point of the return line from firewall to the heater valve.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #18
Ballin' on a budget

The engine bay has now been scrubbed and powerwashed and looks 100% better, but still not even close to show worthy... too much surface rust on fittings and pipes. but the good news is the valve cover and throttle body are getting powdercoated red tomorrow with black letters and stripes. then its onto trying to dress up the rust a little better. still waiting to sell my grand prix to get the body and paint work done.

Also to Matt, I took a pic of the engine bay badge to see if you could decode it as we had talked about. Thanks.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
Ballin' on a budget

Finally making some more progress. My cousin is getting the throttle body and valve cover powder coated flash red, then I am painting the letters and stripes black. Got a pic of the e-brake rust. its not horrible but it does need fixed. hopefully I will have it painted and finished before the car shows this summer.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #20
Ballin' on a budget

Haven't had much time or projects to do on the car except for wait around for my valve cover and throttle body to get back from powdercoat. good news is that my taillights came in today and went straight onto the car. thanks to amimbari for having the perfect matching set in great condition too.

before:

after:

Old 07-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
Ballin' on a budget

finally got my parts back from powdercoat and polish. it looks 100 times better than before. now i just need a few more pieces polished to make it look that much better.

polished throttle body

powdercoated red valve cover

i decided to do a little custom work to the final coat

final assembly. more polish to come.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #22
Level 3 Supporter

My Ride: 87-88-89 Daytona's
Engine: 2.5 TII 2.2
1/4: 13.550

jamierpm is keeping the peace
looking good, keep it up!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #23
Ballin' on a budget

Thanks that means a lot, it has been a long 2 years. Im still browsing around for paint and body work. everything else is either done or i have the parts but havent installed yet. should be done in a few weeks tops.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #24
TD New Guy

My Ride: Dodge Stealth R/T TT
Engine: 6G72DETT 3.0L

Street_Chally73 is keeping the peace
Great job so far fixing it up!! It's coming along very nicely!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #25
Ballin' on a budget

so after what feels like an eternity, me and a friend decided we are gonna try to do all of the body work and possibly paint it too. I have a couple of friends who work at body shops so all together this thing might not turn out too bad.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #26
Ballin' on a budget

Quick update on the project. I am finishing up doing a full build on my 95 eagle talon tsi awd and as soon as that is out of the garage (soon hopefully) I will have the daytona in for the winter. During then I will be doing all of the body work myself and then prime it too. Not sure if i trust my friends to do all of the final paint but we will see with time. Bought all of the tools to do the body work myself so I will update as soon as progress starts taking place. Also during the winter I will be replacing the clutch as it is 99% shot. I can keep it in gear but as soon as I get anywhere near half throttle it slips completely out and revs to about 4k. So that needs done too.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #27
Ballin' on a budget

Well, finally it is looking promising to get some progress done and get this baby back to showroom quality. The talon is finally finished and now I can devote my time towards getting the clutch put in and then she is off to school with me to get all of the body work and paint done by the end of the semester. And with parting out my 87 I now have all of the panels, switches, and everything else that was broken, on hand and ready to install. So I expect her to be 100% (or very close to it) by the beginning of May.

Just incase you were wondering what the talon looks like now:
Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #28
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 1986 TurboZ
Engine: 2.2 135ci

bebturboz is keeping the peace
Man! I saw this car forever ago and had no idea this was it. Great progress my friend! If you ever run across any turbo z airdams, lower grilles, or "turbo Z" stamped bumper covers, please let me know!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #29
TD New Guy

My Ride: Jeep Zj 5.2

Mark 318 ita is keeping the peace
you are doing an amezing job, keep things this way!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #30
Ballin' on a budget

Alright so it looks like I am in need of an update. She is completely torn down and I have started to get into the body work. Next week I will start grinding and sanding the areas that need the most metal work (I think a total of 3 spots on the entire car) and then starting on smoothing out all of the imperfections. I decided to go with Evercoat Z-Grip and USC Icing to get all of the body straightened out. Then once the body is straight and completely sanded down
I will try to get her into the booth and see if a more skilled painter would be willing to tackle the job for me. I do not trust myself only having had 2 months training on paint and am not willing to sacrifice $1K worth of materials to find out... So far as it looks I am hoping to stick to my schedule of having her done by May.

Also kept the set of crab wheels off of the 87 daytona I scrapped. I am in the process of prepping them for refinishing. Having trouble deciding whether to go with a metallic silver (close to stock finish) or black with a machined lip. I always love the look of the black/silver on red cars just like the rims I have on the Talon. And on another note, I am having an even more difficult time finding the correct C/S tire size. I work at a tire shop and even we would have to special order them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
build thread, daytona, restoration, t-tops, turbo z

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.