TD New Guy
Join Date: Dec 2016
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1986 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo - Asking $6,500
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: carform_post -->
Status: Clean Title
I have a 1986 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo for sale, in Ontario - Region A.
Mileage: 95000 miles
Engine Size: 2.2 Turgo
Asking price is $6,800
1986 Dodge Omni GLH "goes like hell" Turbo.
I bought this 6-days before I found another car (1967 VW camper). I paid $6,600 for this car plus $650 to ship it here to Florida. I did a little work to it (only needed a little!) but always wanted an old VW camper so extra $$ are needed there.
So, someone will get a super clean, great running/driving GLH and I lose some money. No surprise there! Car is located in Sarasota Florida where it's insured and I drive it every other day or so. Man, it's really a nice car! One other thing, I could use a truck for work, so I'd be open to trades for a pre-1980 Dodge truck.
- Not many of these left in this condition, especially rust free.
- One of the cleanest GLH's around, or so I've been told.
- Beautiful & spotless interior, perfect arm rest, cup holders, map lights, dashboard, door panels, etc.
- I believe the paint to be original although it may have been re-cleared at some point. No overspray. The hatch has been repainted and not sure why, but good job, and again, no overspray anywhere and spotless door jambs and hatch area.
- The car runs and drives excellent, no leaks, rattles, squeaks etc.
- All Lights, gauges and accessories work as they should and this car is in excellent condition.
- Needs nothing other than a re-charge of the original A/C if you so desire.
- The car is completely stock and unmodified (except Sony speakers in rear deck, sounds great).
- The Turbo spools right up and she really GOES LIKE HELL!
Previous owner did lots of extensive maintenance. Receipts and owners manual in glove box. This car looks and drives like it's still back in the late 80's. Pride of ownership shows.
New Axle Shaft Seals
Fresh Trans Fluid
New Rear Main Seal
New Oil Pan Gasket
Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, PCV Valve
K&N Replacement Air Filter
Upgraded Heim Joint Shifter Linkage to replace the brittle OEM plastic bushings
New Struts and Shocks
New Ball Joints
New Tie Rod Ends
New Polyurethane Control Arm Bushings
New Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings
New ACC Floor Mats
New Mopar Door Hinge Pins
New Thermostat & Coolant
New Heater Core & Lines
New Interstate Battery
New Oil Sending Unit
New gas tank, Mopar interior tank filter, and exterior fuel filter
Toyo tires are excellent.
Here are some specs on the car that you probably already know:
1986 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo:
Dodge Omni GLH Turbo, model year 1986, version for North America U.S.
5-door hatchback body type
FWD (front-wheel drive), manual 5-speed gearbox
petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 2213 cm3 / 134.6 cui, advertised power: 109 kW / 146 hp / 148 PS ( SAE net ), torque: 228 Nm / 168 lb-ft
characteristic dimensions: outside length: 4186 mm / 164.8 in, wheelbase: 2517 mm / 99.1 in
reference weights: base curb weight: 1111 kg / 2449 lbs
how fast is this car ? top speed: 198 km/h (123 mph) (theoretical);
accelerations: 0- 60 mph 7.5 s; 0- 100 km/h 7.9 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 15.8 s (simulation ©automobile-catalog.com)
fuel consumption and mileage: 20/27 mpg (U.S.), 11.8/8.7 l/100km, 23.9/32.3 mpg (imp.), 8.5/11.5 km/l EPA ratings average estimated by a-c: 10.2 l/100km / 27.7 mpg (imp.) / 23 mpg (U.S.) / 9.8 km/l
<!-- END TEMPLATE: carform_post -->
Last edited by franimal62; 01-15-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Reason: Forgot a few things.