1987 Dodge Shelby Charger GLHS - $1500 OBO - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Buy Trade Sell > Cars For Sale

Cars For Sale Post whole cars for sale ONLY. TD-specific cars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
1987 Dodge Shelby Charger GLHS - $1500 OBO  
TD New Guy

My Ride: '87 GLHS #495
Engine: 2.2L Turbo I
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

antwerp42 is keeping the peace
Category: Domestic

I have a 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger GLHS for sale, in USA - North Carolina.

Mileage: 116,341 miles
Engine Size: 2.2 Turbo

Asking price is $1500 OBO

Seller Information: Stephen Smith
Phone: (919) 360-3965
Email: mountainsmith@gmail.com

I just copied my ebay listing below

I'm willing to end the auction early (prior to bidding) if some TDer wants it more. I would like it to go to someone who can really appreciate it.

For Sale is a 1987 Shelby GLHS Charger number #495 out of 1000. This is not a standard Shelby Charger, but a limited edition produced Carroll Shelby's Whittier factory by modifying the last Dodge Shelby Chargers to run off the line.

The GLHS is turbocharged, intercooled and has an upgraded Forward Motion Stage II computer which increases the boost to 16psi.

Mechanically It will require some work in order to be returned to the tip-top shape this limited edition vehicle really deserves. Vehicle is technically drivable as-is, will need four tires in order to pass a NC inspection. The engine has significant rod knock which should be addressed before driving very far (so I would recommend towing it home). Otherwise the car is in good mechanical shape.

Interior is in generally good condition, especially for a 23 year old vehicle, but it is missing the headliner, and the threads on the front-seat embroidery show some wear. On the other hand, the embroidery on the rear seat is immaculate. The original leather steering wheel cover and shift-knob are present, but in need of some care.

Body needs attention. Front drivers-side fender is dented, as can be seen in the pictures. The car will require a paint job to combat surface rust (no rust holes). Still has original Shelby Centurion II wheels in good condition. The sunroof works and does not leak.

I have owned this car for several months and had hoped to get it on the road in short order. Offers to rebuild the engine have repeatedly fallen through and I don't have the time, patience, or tools to do the work myself, and I feel it would be better to pass this wonderful little car to someone who can take care of it properly and put it back on the road where it belongs.

Additional 1987 Shelby Charger parts car (with title) available to buyer for additional and negotiable price.
Attached Thumbnails
1987 Dodge Shelby Charger GLHS - 00 OBO-dscn1248.jpg   1987 Dodge Shelby Charger GLHS - 00 OBO-dscn1257.jpg   1987 Dodge Shelby Charger GLHS - 00 OBO-dscn1253.jpg   1987 Dodge Shelby Charger GLHS - 00 OBO-dscn1263.jpg  

Last edited by antwerp42; 10-25-2010 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: less messy looking link
Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #2
Re: 1987 Dodge Shelby Charger GLHS - $1500 OBO  
TD New Guy

My Ride: 85 GLHT / 66 Charger
Engine: 2.5 T1 / 408

66auto-xcharger is keeping the peace
Do you have any pic under the hood and or under the body front frame rails and floor pan?
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
TD New Guy

My Ride: 85 GLHT / 66 Charger
Engine: 2.5 T1 / 408

66auto-xcharger is keeping the peace
Ok I saw the PIC on E-bay and still have my interest. Can you put up some pic of under the body front frame rails and floor pan?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
TD New Guy

My Ride: '87 GLHS #495
Engine: 2.2L Turbo I

antwerp42 is keeping the peace
I'll try to take one tomorrow. I knew I should have gotten one in the original set.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
TD New Guy

My Ride: 83 Rampage/87 GLHS

2.2 quik is keeping the peace
PM sent Very interested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
2.2 turbo, clean title, dodge, shelby charger glhs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.