1987 Dodge Shelby CSX #173 - $$8000 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Buy Trade Sell > Cars For Sale

Cars For Sale Post whole cars for sale ONLY. TD-specific cars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
1987 Dodge Shelby CSX #173 - $$8000  
Garrett Booster

My Ride: 2003 SRT-4
Engine: Stage 2. 18psi and larger cooler.
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

CSX173 is keeping the peace
Category: Domestic

I have a 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX #173 for sale, in USA - Michigan.

Mileage: ~160,000 miles
Engine Size: 2.2L

Asking price is $$7500

I may regret this later but I am considering selling my one owner '87 csx #173 and my '88 CSX-T #739 together with way too many parts to mention (I'll have to take inventory) for one price to make garage space and a down payment on a pink challenger. For those of you that know me, give me a call and we can discuss. I will not part out this stuff. I have no time to even consider such an undertaking. I'm thinking $8K is a fair price for everything. The 87 is a show winner and garage kept 8 of 10. The 88 I drive every day. Pretty rough by my standards but all Shelby items are there. Serious inquiries only. Use baltrusaitist@att.net for quickest response.

Last edited by CSX173; 04-16-2011 at 08:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
Re: 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX #173 - $$8000  
Garrett Booster

OK. I'm getting more serious about this. $8K for everything is a steal. I have at least $3K in parts. The '87 is mint. I have EVERY part to make this car numbers matching except the spark plug wires and battery. Even the CV joint boots, belts, hoses, etc. with proper date codes. Just a couple of parts needed for a concourse resto. probably more numbers matching parts than 99.5% of any CSX out there. The '88 needs a little body work and paint, but I did add a $500 Griffin radiator and a Daytona intercooler. I think i still have the original radiator, if you want to go back from T2 to T1. The T2 piping I have, but I haven't installed it yet. It also has brand new KYB shocks & struts, New axles, replaced jackshaft and both front wheel bearing / hub assemblies. No more vibrations. You could eat off the bottom of the '88 before I undercoated it. I will be posting photos soon, but the local Dodge dealership has told me to bring them both by and they may trade. I am practically giving these cars away for the money invested in them. The '87 hasn't been on the road for 2 years. Just sit and looks pretty. heck, I may even include the trophies it has won with the sale. As for the parts, I have 4 centurions, 6 LeMans and a couple other wheels, a couple of tires, a couple of turbos, a block, some NOS stuff, some nearly perfect heads with the '87 date code, a good auto trans (why, IDK), radios, logic modules, custom parts, shelby valve covers, shelby steering wheels, Shelby decals (sets of body decals, underhood decals, Mobil 1 tags) etc. Shelby specific trim parts, and even a bunch of the original seat material for the '87. If you paid $8K for the cars, you would be getting all these parts for free. Photos to be posted soon, but I have been working 7 days a week on this new FIAT 500 engine production line for about a year now. Kinda hard to keep up. First guy (or gal) with $8K will be very happy they met me. If the stealership makes me a good enough offer, you will eventually find all the parts for sale on ebay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
TD New Guy

devin187 is keeping the peace
Although it is pointless for me to say it, I am interested in your car. Only thing is, is that I still have 2 years left in my Nursing program , then I will be looking for one of these cars to buy that is in SHOW ROOM condition,

If you still have it then I will be interested in buying it
Old 04-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Level 2 Supporter

My Ride: Dodge Shelby SP360
Engine: 5.9 liter Magnum V8
Induct: S/C

Riptide is keeping the peace
Do you have any pictures? Or am I missing them. It sounds like a very fair deal but would be very interested in seeing what you have. Let me know Thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #5
TryHard Status

My Ride: 1986 Daytona Turbo Z
Engine: 2.2 TII

turismolover22 is keeping our cars running
Your best bet is to contact him with the provided e-mail
Old 04-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
Garrett Booster

Only PRICE REDUCTION I will offer as a package deal. $7500 gets it all.

Pics coming soon. Did the white car Saturday. Gotta get the black one done first time the freaking sun comes out up here. If I get no takers as a package deal, I will split everything up. But, it will cost more. Right now, I would say bottom line is $4500 for the csx and $2500 for the T. If I can take the rad and if out of the T and put stock rad back in, maybe $2250 for the T. So, if you bought the package, you would essentially be getting a couple grand of top shelf parts for free. Sell on eBay and the cars would be yours for cheap.

#173 has 137,277 miles. Rebuilt at about 90,000 miles. All rubber is like new, even the tires and window scrapers. Entire interior is mint. I have added a different turbo and exhaust manifold (still have original), K&N filter, and Gary Donnovan inspired Logic module chip. That's it. I have some photos from SDAC-18 where it won 2nd place. Those are the most recent. I will take some later this week and post them with the white car. Also, parts pics to come too. Just hard to do working 7 days a week. If you cough up a little extra, you will not regret it. The CSX-T is numbers matching with all the Shelby stuff there too. I even have the original set of Monroe Formula GPs that came off it. The CSX has Konis on it now. You will not be dissapointed.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 AM   #7
Question Re: 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX #173 - $$8000  
Level 2 Supporter

My Ride: Dodge Shelby SP360
Engine: 5.9 liter Magnum V8
Induct: S/C

Riptide is keeping the peace
Got an email that he will post pics soon or that they were up on one of the cars although I can't see any pictures yet. I bet this sells in a flash once the pictures come up. A picture is worth a thousand words or in this case seven thousand five hundred words as long as those words are dollar.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #8
Garrett Booster

Pics are finally up. Shelbys for Sale. About 20 of each car. If ya want something more specific. I may take a few requests.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #9
Super Pope

The Pope has really helped outThe Pope has really helped out
You should also try the Teamshelby club and forum for a stock numbered car sale. The Ford people are coming up with the cash for Shelby Dodges, some how there either worth more to them or they just happen to have more money lol.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #10
Naturally Aspirated

My Ride: 88 T&C Woody Wagon
Engine: 2.2L TI

88WDYWooDPecKER is keeping the peace
Free bump for a BEAUTIFUL set of cars!! Especially since there's a fantastic price tag for 2!!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
Garrett Booster

If it makes a difference, I have the original window sticker (laminated since it was getting old), all Shelby documentation including dealer checkoff sheet, owner's manual, and service manual supplement, and a full set of 1987 service manuals that will go with #173. Like I said, all that is missing are date coded spark plug wires and a date coded battery.

I'll have to try the Ford site if they don't sell in the next few days. Getting some action already.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #12
Garrett Booster

Here is the start of all of the parts that come with the cars. I will have photos posted later this afternoon. This is just the stuff that was easy to get to. I have lots more, and most of the rest of it is more desirable, because it is Shelby specific. Here we go: 6 Lemans wheels with 4 centercaps for the '88 CSX-T. 4 extra Centurions for the CSX. I think I have the centercaps too. The entire plastic interior trim panel set from a CSX in good condition. All the trunk fabric and trim from a CSX. Window quarter glass from a CSX and Shadow convertible. Full set of door trim from a 1987 Shadow in very good condition. The door only trim pieces from a CSX. A leBra that fits a Shadow (not a CSX). The 1987 head assembly from the CSX in working order. A 1987 casting bare head in perfect condition. A ported turbo exhaust manifold with blue powder coat paint. A common block. An complete automatic transmission in working order.a 1987 engine oil pan, pistons, pickup tube and some seals. A one piece turbo intake. Some exterior window trim for a shadow / csx. A jackshaft. A long axle with trans splined shaft. 5 shadow exterior mirror assemblies. Sun visors from a CSX and CSX-T. Turbo head gasket and 2 piece intake gasket (goes between the 2 pieces) NOS. Shelby steering wheel from a CSX. Shelby valve cover in excellent condition (no cracks). A pair of dash bezels. NOS square tooth timing belt. 4 CSX style center stack bezels in good condition. A CSX front cowl. Trunk trim from a shadow convertible. A shadow convertible top boot in excellent condition.Shadow rear window trim. A set of 4 NOS piston rods. A partial roll of CSX seat fabric. Enough to do at least a pair of front seats.Some more convertible trim. A full set of Monroe Formula GPs that came off a CSX. Again, this is just a starter list. As you can see, there is some value here. NO parts will be sold until the cars sell first. Don't bother to ask. If I can't sell the cars I will be keeping the parts. they are getting harder to find every day.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #13
Garrett Booster

The next listing of parts you get with this deal is as follows: 1 NOS radiator fan motor and one aftermarket rad fan assy. At least a dozen Chrysler radios of various styles and vintages. A NOS Shelby Bosch alternator, Shadow door handle,a starter off a CSX,NOS brake parts, a brake master cylinder and a couple of other alternators. 3 CSX logic modules and 1 power board. 1 CSXT SMEC and 1 Shelby Daytona (intercooled) SMEC. 1 CSX boost gage assy. and 1 NOS turbo boost gage assy. Shelby steering wheel collar, Shelby Horn Button, and Shelby Trunk Medallion and 3 Shelby rocker panel medallions. Shelby CSX seat belts, latches, and trim. 8 centurion centercaps, a Shelby oil cap with medallion, a 1987 date coded transmission tag, and 2 shock tower covers. Shelby door panel speaker grilles, vent registers, 5 rear view mirrors, and other trim pieces. A bunch of NOS electrical parts and some used K&N filters. More NOS electrical parts and a Relentless performance Stage 3 LM chip. A windshield wiper motor assembly and a manual window crank (dr. side). NOS rubber hoses and some used hoses and rubber door seals, underhood seal, etc. 4 leMans centercaps, NOS Shelby windshield decal, NOS underhood vacum routing decal, and NOS 1992 Spirit RT decal. AND 2 full sets of Shelby exterior graphics. Some of these decals I have 3 sets of. I think I also have a Shelby dash medallion that goes by the glove box, but I'm still searching for where I stashed it so it wouldn't get damaged. LOL. You get ALL of this with the package deal. My next post will be the link to all the parts photos. after they are uploaded.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #14
Garrett Booster

Pics posted here. My Shelby Parts Photo Album Now, I believe you know this is a good deal for 1 CSX which is in great one owner shape, one CSX-T daily driver with all Shelby parts intact (restorable) and all parts mentioned above plus I forgot to mention a brand new front bumper for a P Body and the steel trim from a CSX above the rear bumper. Now, give me $7500 and take it away. It is well worth it.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
Garrett Booster

If I get no takers by the end of the weekend, I will split things up. But, I won't start selling Shelby specific parts until the cars are gone. Maybe some of the typical stuff, but no Shelby stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2.2l, clean title, dodge, shelby csx #173

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.