1989 Dodge Omni - $2500 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Buy Trade Sell > Cars For Sale

Cars For Sale Post whole cars for sale ONLY. TD-specific cars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
1989 Dodge Omni - $2500  
TD New Guy

My Ride: '89 Omni, 82 380SL
Engine: 2.2 4 banger/ 3.8 V-8
1/4: 0.000

OL'grouch is keeping the peace
Category: Domestic

I have a 1989 Dodge Omni for sale, in USA - Indiana.

Mileage: 139,000 miles
Engine Size: 2.2

Asking price is $1995

1989 Dodge Omni, 4 door. Straight and solid body with one tweak where somebody backed into something on the L.rear corner. I was building it for a cheap daily driver and to do some autocross racing. It currently isn't a turbo but I was planning to convert it. New or rebuilt parts on it are,

Radiator
Timing belt
drive belts
water pump
P.S. pump
Tires
thermostat and hoses
and a bunch more. Both on the car and waiting for installation. I'm selling it or $1995 which is about what I have in it. Clean paper on the car and it runs just fine. It needs some more work to be a reliable daily driver but if you want a test drive, it has current plates and insurance.

Update, the owner of the car I want has rolled it into a barn. (I think I was the only nibble he had had.) I sold some of the extra parts, took some others back for a refund (yes, I'm chea...er...thrifty) and some more will fit the Lebaron GTC. As such, I've dropped the price to a shade under two grand. It is still a complete and driveable car.
Attached Thumbnails
1989 Dodge Omni - 00-omniwheels.jpg  

Last edited by OL'grouch; 04-30-2012 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: Sold some of the parts for it.
Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Re: 1989 Dodge Omni - $2500  
TD New Guy

Move the old girl up a bit.
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
TD New Guy

redline0889 is keeping the peace
So i take it this car probably wouldn't make a drive back to Iowa huh?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
- OFFICIAL GEARHEAD -

My Ride: 84 Horizon, 95 Neon
Engine: 43 X NHRA/IHRA champ
Induct: N/A

ATaylorRacing is keeping the peace
Why shouldn't it?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
Meow!!

My Ride: 87shelby charger
Engine: 2.2L TII
Induct: Turbo

Turbomini is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline0889 View Post
it should be a tbi omni it will make it to anyplace with out mud or snow if you have enough time
Old 05-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline0889 View Post
Right now, I'm fighting the brakes. The front calipers have decided to start sticking. Beyond that, it would be loud (broken pipe on the muffler) and boring (no radio). It's got new tires on it though so if you wanted to use a tow dolly it should tow just fine. I'm about 375 miles from Mount Pleasant Iowa. I just replaced the rear wheel cylinders and repacked the rear bearings.

To be honest, while I've done a lot of work to it and it is a solid car, I like to drive a car out for a while before I take it on long trips. I think the flush got crud loose to make the calipers stick.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:33 AM   #7
Meow!!

My Ride: 87shelby charger
Engine: 2.2L TII

Turbomini is keeping the peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by OL'grouch View Post
Right now, I'm fighting the brakes. The front calipers have decided to start sticking. Beyond that, it would be loud (broken pipe on the muffler) and boring (no radio). It's got new tires on it though so if you wanted to use a tow dolly it should tow just fine. I'm about 375 miles from Mount Pleasant Iowa. I just replaced the rear wheel cylinders and repacked the rear bearings.

To be honest, while I've done a lot of work to it and it is a solid car, I like to drive a car out for a while before I take it on long trips. I think the flush got crud loose to make the calipers stick.
check the front brake hoses where the clamp is on the hose to hold it to the strut, they have a tendency to rust and clap the brake line closed.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbomini View Post
check the front brake hoses where the clamp is on the hose to hold it to the strut, they have a tendency to rust and clap the brake line closed.

I'm a little concerned about the hoses themselves. They are about the age to collapse inside. I've got two caliper on order. They ought to be in Tuesday.

I took it around the block today after I got the calpers loose. I had it up to 70 and got the engine running smoother. It ran fine but when I put fresh fuel in it, I guess I got a lot of crud loose. It's turning into a good runner, I just want that LeBaron coupe. I didn't get one when they were new and they just appeal to me.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #9
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbomini View Post

I've got about 3/4 of the brake system standing tall. The L.F. wheel is still giving me trouble. So far I've replaced all the wheel cylinders and calipers and I should have a few rusted lines replaced soon. I suspect a problem in the proportioning valve assembly. This puppy will be on the road this weekend. Add a muffler and wire up a radio and it will just need detailing. The dash radio area is a typical teenager butcher job.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
TD New Guy

FINALLY! The brakes are fixed. This car must have been sitting with the master cylinder open. High pressure air blowing rust out of the steel line finally got the brakes working right. Not only will they skid to a stop if you hit them hard enough, they release now. I'm having second thoughts about selling it. It's still for sale, but......
Old 05-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #11
Level 1 Supporter

My Ride: Daytona C/S
Engine: 2.5L T1
1/4: 13.540

Shel-Game is keeping our cars runningShel-Game is keeping our cars running
How bad's the rust in the floors? Can you send some pics?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
TD New Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shel-Game View Post
How bad's the rust in the floors? Can you send some pics?
It doesn't really have any rust. One of the reasons I drove nearly 200 miles to get it was it came from Central Kentucky. About 100 miles south of Louisville. Send me an address and I'll send you some photos. I finally got all the skunky gas out and managed to get the timing right. The engine didn't sound happy before. It's happy now.

Undercarriage is solid, some spots of surface rust from a poor, older paint job but no tin worm anywhere that I can see. It does have some plugs like I've seen Ziebart use when rust proofing a car.

Maybe this weekend I can run it over to a friends garage and put it up on the rack for some under car photos. It depends on when I get off work Saturday.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
TD New Guy

Well, I still have the car for sale but I'm not in a hurry anymore. A grass fire set the barn the car I wanted to buy on fire and those old wooden barns go up like a match. I don't know what part of a burn ban wasn't clear. Oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
2.2, clean title, dodge, omni

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.