1991 Dodge Spirit ES Turbo - $1000 - Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!
TurboDodge.com MarketPlace Shelby Registry Contact Us

Advertisement - Remove these ads today by clicking here.
Go Back   Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! > Turbo Dodge Buy Trade Sell > Cars For Sale

Cars For Sale Post whole cars for sale ONLY. TD-specific cars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
1991 Dodge Spirit ES Turbo - $1000  
We'll do it live!

My Ride: 91 Spirit/89 Daytona
Engine: 2.5 T2ish/2.2 T2
Induct: Turbo
1/4: 0.000

itsbudda is keeping the peace
Category: Domestic

I have a 1991 Dodge Spirit ES Turbo for sale, in USA - Ohio.

Mileage: 189000 miles
Engine Size: 2.5

Asking price is $1000

Seller Information: Jason Betsch
Phone: (513) 319-9888
Email: twistedskates@Aol.com

I hate to do this, but I'm putting up my project. I got in a mild fender bender a couple weeks ago and the insurance ended up totaling the car. I still live at home so it's not really up to me if I can keep the car or not and my insurance has no interest in covering the car, so for sale it is.

The car runs and drives just fine, no check engine light, boosts really strong, shifts smoothly, but is leaking some oil, and antifreeze since the accident. I haven't looked to find out where, it just left a couple puddles when it was towed to the shop.

The good
Alleged New main/rod bearings from the PO, about 20-30k ago. Can't prove this, but I have had absolutely no bottom end problems.
Rebuilt head from Cylinderheads international 3k ago
Walbro 255
Rebuilt garrett turbo from FWD-P 7-8k ago, stainless lines
T2/T3 clutch, 20k
solid bobble strut
very large FMIC with 2.5in aluminum piping and RFL
FWD-P 2.5 in exhaust
New front brakes
nice seats
Mostly rust free, besides a bubble in the rear wheel well

The Bad
obviously, the body damage.
lots of rattlecan paint trying to keep up with the infamous chrysler paint peel.
headliner, door panels have broken mounting tabs

Front window motors removed
some wiring splices at the MAP and O2 sensor from getting caught in PS pump years ago. Both function normal, No check engine light.
The IC piping was straight cut, and tends to pop apart under high boost. I always just kept spare clamps and dealt with it.
Previous owner badly mounted a subaru hood scoop, but it kinda looks cool.

I'm no bodywork expert, but from what it looks, the frame is probably fine and it's all just cosmetic damage. With a fender, bumper and headlight , This car could probably be pretty easily fixed back to driver status, and with some more odds and ends could be a pretty nice car. I also have a spare A-523 with 130,000ish miles on it
Attached Thumbnails
1991 Dodge Spirit ES Turbo - 00-p1080723.jpg   1991 Dodge Spirit ES Turbo - 00-7003810243_82f85dc140_o.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share on facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
Re: 1991 Dodge Spirit ES Turbo - $1000  
Garrett Booster

My Ride: Kia Rio/ 90 Spirit
Engine: 2.2

Mr. Stroker is keeping the peace
The car looks OK. Why don't you just throw a radiator in it and a fender. Then just plastidip it and drive it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
kills more cars than rust

My Ride: lancer
Engine: 2.5 .20 over

2.2lanceres is keeping the peace
are you buying it back off of them? if they are going to total it they will most likely take it back off of you.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
TD Hardcore User!

My Ride: 92 Laser Turbo AWD
Engine: 4G63T

KillerTSI is keeping the peace
I wish I had the extra cash! I have been looking for one of these forever. GLWS!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
We'll do it live!

My parents want me to get rid of the car, but I'm hoping to convince them otherwise. I'd love to keep it and fix it as a second driver. It's maintained the oil level it seems, and I saw no drips when I had it running today. The insurance company said we could get liability insurance, so I may just keep it. Anyway in the mean time I'm buying it back. Paperwork still needs to be done but I have the salvage title in hand, and they're taking $279 from what they give me. It's not going anywhere.

Derptona
1989 Daytona shelby. 2.2 T2, Menegon head, 1mm os valve, Same side FMIC, 3 in exhaust, +40s, 84 checker interior

Ceelo Red
2009 Honda Civic Si (S-low)
2.0 i-vtec, 6speed. The boring daily. Totally stock, staying that way.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
TD New Guy

My Ride: 89' PA1 Daytona
Engine: 2.2
1/4: 15.800

87shelbur is keeping the peace
What engine? TII or TIII?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #7
TD Hardcore User!

My Ride: 92 Laser Turbo AWD
Engine: 4G63T

KillerTSI is keeping the peace
2.5 ti
Old 01-08-2013, 03:27 AM   #8
We'll do it live!

2.5 T1, A-523 trans. If I remember right, there were only 318 made in 1991 with this engine/trans combo, hence why I really want to keep it away from the crusher.

I was sleep deprived when I wrote the first post, so here's some more details. Other mods I forgot to list were the +20% injectors, and FWD-P stage 3 computer. I also still have the factory SBEC. Other things of note that'll need attention, the heater usually only blows lukewarm, but warmer through the defrost, and sometimes actually blows hot, and there's the faint smell of coolant occasionally, although i don't think it leaks. Haven't investigated yet. Also I was a little disingenuous in calling the rust in the wheel well some bubbling. It's a 2 inch hole. It's localized and the metal under it's clean, but that needs fixed sooner than later. Also the front suspension is OE with 188k, so the struts are of course shot. It kinda handles like a radio flyer wagon. I have a set of shocks for it, but lack the tools to do it myself. When the weather warms I'm gonna see about getting this car back on the road and titled, but I'm using most the insurance cash to get myself something a little more suited to my sub poverty level budget as far as maintenance goes. This car's definitely a project I will admit, and needs some TLC inside and out, but it's worth the effort. I'll get some more photos tomorrow.

Derptona
1989 Daytona shelby. 2.2 T2, Menegon head, 1mm os valve, Same side FMIC, 3 in exhaust, +40s, 84 checker interior

Ceelo Red
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #9
Level 2 Supporter

shelbyvnt2 is keeping the peace
More pics please!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #10
We'll do it live!

COMMENCING CARD DUMP

Typical bad door panel glue and some surface rust

The hood popper doesn't look good, but it's not gonna break again any time soon. Never figured out what the little plug goes to.

Probably the worst spot of the underbody.

Needs an exhaust hanger.

The airbag light's on because the crash sensor's unplugged. I have the sensor, just never risked plugging it back in for fear the airbag would deploy or something.

Nice and crisp frame parts.

Intercooler

The map and O2 splice i mentioned

Should note, despite being new, there's a small rip in the timing belt. Doesn't seem to be spreading.

Derptona

Ceelo Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2.5, dodge, salvage, spirit es turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.