Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Official Daytona Thread!

398K views 2K replies 274 participants last post by  Reaper1 
G
#1 · (Edited)
I see so many other posts with other cars and not a lot of Daytona's so here it is
my rides

1987 Dodge daytona Shelby Z T2 - Stock 3rd owner but 2nd owner never drove it due to transmission needing rebuild so technically 2nd owner
1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby VNT - Stock unknown how many owners
Hopefully in the near future a 92 or 93 Daytona Iroc RT

Ive had the Shelby z for about 2years and have had just about everything but a paint job and engine rebuild done to it,and the VNT Ive had for a little over a year or so and it needs a head gasket so I haven't done nothing to it yet since i bought it and theres no room for it at the moment so I have to wait till I get some pics of it cause its at my brothers house

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: Daytona Thread-Post Pics

My 86 Turbo Z C/S that I've owned since 1990. I drove it through most of high school, and after the trans died I parked it a shed. It sat there from sometime in 1997 till the middle of 2005. Last fall I had some touch up paintwork done, replaced the window scrapers, and put on a set of door trims that I managed to pick up.

Currently it sports a bone stock 84 drivetrain, the only changes I've made are an MP computer & a manual boost controller. I've been slowly gathering parts for a T2 conversion, and I've got a mostly completed engine sitting on a stand waiting for me to find time & money to finish it.

An 88 Daytona Pacifica that I sold off a couple years ago. I picked that one up fairly cheap because all the vacuum hoses were screwed up, and later sold it to a someone on one of the boards..

I also had an 84 Turbo Z & an 85 Laser, but they were parted out & I never did get pictures of them. The engine from the 84 is in my 86 right now.

#6 ·

I've posted pics of my cars a few places. But I'll toss a couple more on here anyway. :thumb:

This is my 90 Shelby.

And this is my 89 ES that I converted from TBI to turbo.

I'm not overly partial to white cars, but I seem to happen upon them a lot.

Here's an 86 Turbo Z I picked up on the cheap with a half-converted 555 swap in it. Ended up trading it for my Spirit.
'86 Turbo Z

G
#7 ·

(JeremyL)

it looks good especially in black. Ya ive owned 5 Daytonas and never got any pics of the other three.Two of them were T1s both red and the other 1 was black non turbo

#9 ·

Heres my baby 87' Shelby Z TII ive owned her for 10yrs, im the second owner, too much stuff upgraded too list...cracked #3 piston :bang head (DOH) Now in process of replacing. New piston installed, just doing some clean up! I have started stripping and painting intake mani, valve cover all wrinkle black like factory and cleaning/painting engine bay, new vac lines, new black wire loom. TU fuel rail blah blah blah, more pics to come :thumb: enjoy....there are alot but you can never have too many pics

<----- Refinished crabs, cannot wait to put fat tires on and install

#2,007 ·

Heres my baby 87' Shelby Z TII ive owned her for 10yrs, im the second owner, too much stuff upgraded too list...cracked #3 piston :bang head (DOH) Now in process of replacing. New piston installed, just doing some clean up! I have started stripping and painting intake mani, valve cover all wrinkle black like factory and cleaning/painting engine bay, new vac lines, new black wire loom. TU fuel rail blah blah blah, more pics to come :thumb: enjoy....there are alot but you can never have too many pics

<----- Refinished crabs, cannot wait to put fat tires on and install
Very nice! Where/how did you polish the outer rim edge? Mine are pitted and need polishing.

G
#10 ·

(ShelbyZ4u2nv)

[there are alot but you can never have too many pics]

nope thats why i started the thread love to see the Daytonas,it looks almost like mine exept the interior and i need a paint job bad but yes want to see more pics Im goin to get better ones of my car soon

#16 ·

Ah, here's a thread i like. Love Daytonas. My first TD was an 88 daytona base model. 2.5 TBI. Had no headliner, Ok paint, little rust, no dents, and some of the best snowflakes i've ever seen. Bought it in june. It was wrecked in late july. I was forced to sell in september unfortunately. By the time i ended up selling it, it was 4 colors, Red, blue, rust, and bondo, had supercrack on the windshield, and my friends and I drew all over the hood and signed it. I loved that car so much. I sold it to a friend of mine, only because i trusted he would fix it. He apparently just flipped it for a quick buck, and told me it was totaled. Anyway, here's the pics. Lots of them :D

Was no turbo, but it got the job done. Went right up hills in 4th gear. Gotta love that 2.5 torque.

Love the color. Golf course green.

Had brand new tires on it from the previous owner, but when the car hydroplanes, it doesn't matter. :bang head

And of course, here's the sad part of this story.

After bringing it home. It went 45 right into a wall, bent the frame, and drove home. She was a trooper.

The crease in the passenger fender after a driver side impact made it pretty obvious how hard i hit.

Ouch.

Taken a few weeks later. I was still driving it daily. This angle shows how effed up it really was.

#19 ·

Even mine? :p

#20 · (Edited)

1986 laser xt, 2.2l turbo automatic, t-tops with the bags (and they dont leak), leather interior, factory boost gauge, and 12 button navigator. NO rust and a couple of knicks here and there. Bought for 150 bucks running and driving with a slight knock we put a brand new 2.2 motor in it. As you can see to make this car really nice we need a bumper cover. Other then that the car runs fantastic and the paint is super nice.

#43 ·

(itsbudda)

ya that side could be fixed if the frame isnt tweaked and i so want those snowflake rims
Trust me. It was quite tweaked. For a while i thought the fender was bent from the bumper cover bein pushed over (hoping for the best) so we got some junkyard fenders and whatnot just to find out that they wouldn't go on straight, and the the hood latch was 2 inches to the right of what it latches on to. quite bent. I hope one day to buy that car back. I saw it floatin around here last month. In the shape it's in, if i get some money together, they may be willing to deal.

and yes. those wheels were perfect. I love the snowflakes.

#33 ·
#27 ·

Thats all any of us can say :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.