Turbo Dodge Forums banner

GLHS decals reproduced finally !!

10K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  ILIKESHELBYS 
#1 ·
I had been looking for a while for decals to replace on a friends Omni GLHS, but with no luck.. I met a guy through a friend on the Conquest/Starion board that made lettering/graphics in his business.. I contacted him and he asked me to take pictures and measurements of my GLHS.. I did, and he made up a set and sent me some.... They are really nice !! He is going to post some pictures soon... His name is Nathon and name of the company is GS images...(GS Images) It is located in Maryland..
He now has a complete body set for the 86 GLHs.. If you have a car with different decals, that cannot be found, you can take the measurements and a photo to send him and he can make them..

Allen.... Got boost ??

#2 ·
I don't want to be a bad guy but did you explore positive impressions (unleashed by shelby d0t c0m)? Dave has the complete GLHS and GLH decal kits and it's where I got the decal package for my daytona shelby. He is based in Jacksonville, Florida too.

Besides that, post some pics, love to see the GLHS with fresh decals!

#5 ·
I did call Dave a few months back and he did not have a set.. He had odd and end pieces he said.. He told me that he would need a bunch of commitments before he would have more run off.. He is the middle man...
GS images (Nathon) is a fellow boost junkie, that makes them himself.. He told me he would post some pictures here.. I have a picture in my email, but do not know how to put them on the board.. If someone would pm me their email, I could forward it to them, and maybe they could post it..:confused:

Allen

#7 ·
Wow, that's pretty lame that he's not keeping them in stock anymore. Maybe one of the other TD vendors should pick up the torch and keep these things in stock.

#8 ·
Agreed, I will contact Omni potent parts myself, I talked to those guys about T-top seals before and they were very eager, unfortunatley it couldn't work out because of limited NOS stock and prices higher than they wanted to sell them for. This is a different scenerio.

#10 ·
Sorry GLHS 160, your thread has somewhat been hacked!

I sent an e-mail to omnipotent, hope for the best

Hello Greg,

My name is Jonathan and I am currently a Moderator for Turbododge.com forums and die hard shelby dodge enthusist

Us turbo/shelby dodge restorer's have come across an issue. I am not sure if you are familiar with Dave at Positive Impressions (unleashedbyshelby.com), but he has currently cut production of his top quality OEMgraphic packages and no longer keeps stock. As well if orders are made he is requesting group buy. Unfortunatley not everyone is restoring their cars at the same time, or has the money to plan ahead.

I know you guys at omnipotent strive to offer affordable restoration products, therefore I would like to spark an idea that may help us Turbododge owners out. Would you consider, or would it be possible to stock the decal packages from Positive Impressions? His prices where already very reasonable, and I wouldn't see it being an issue if we paid a bit more to have these decals readily available.

Again I have no connection with Positive Impressions (I have purchased his products), I only wanted to spark an idea, though I would certainly help out in any way I can.

Thank you for time Greg!

Jonathan - Yellonoma
Turbododge.com Moderator

#11 ·
I guess I am kinda confused... If there is someone who has just made up a complete package for the Omni GLHS and is willing to make up decals for other cars, just needing a photo and dimensions, why is everyone trying to bail on him..:confused: Either way it does not effect me, as I was just trying to find someone to get the decals for the car.. I am new here, but have been part of the GLH/S cars since they were new, owning 4 of them.. :thumb:

Allen, in the land of "no snow" !!

#12 · (Edited)
Hey guys, my name is Natallica (yes, I'm a newb) I do virtually all of the reproduction graphics for the Starion/Conquest TSi community and I was contacted by GLHS160 (on this forum, also a member of Turbo-Mopar) through a friend of mine on Starquestclub.com about seeing if I could reproduce these decals for the Shelby community.

So, I created a set of body decals for him, to match the OEM decals. The only ones I can currently reproduce are the 1986 GLHS Omni body decals. But I will look into doing other sets, provided someone can supply good photos and measurements of what is needed. I built the files from exact measurements and photos provided by him. So they are as close to OEM as you can get, in my opinion.

What you would receive in the set are:

2 - hood decals (GLHS and Dodge)
2 - hatch decals (Shelby Turbo and Intercooled)
2 - larger rocker decals (Shelby)
2 - lg. side pillar decals (GLHS Intercooled)
1 - set of Rocker stripes (not pictured)

All of the above decals are thermally printed black on high performance silver vinyl (just like OEM), with application tape.

The cost for a full set will be $125 (shipped anywhere in the US using USPS Priority shipping) and I gladly accept Paypal for payment. Turn around time is usually 2-3 days from the initial order, and I'll begin production on your set as soon as Paypal is received.

Thanks guys, I look forward to doing business with you guys. I love doing this stuff and hopefully what I can create for you helps restore your ride! Also looking forward to offering up some other sets as well.

I can be contacted via email with any questions or comments regarding these at: nbingaman@gsimages.com
Paypal address is: natallica@comcast.net

-N8

#17 ·
Thanks Sir, Yeah I'm an avid 2.6liter and Starquestclub forum member but a friend of mine suggested I try to help the Shelby community out as well, with what I can produce... I do full outer and inner graphics products for the Starquest community, so I figured I'd sign up and see if anyone on this forum was in need of these. I know there aren't many still on the road, but I also so these aren't available for purchase anywhere else and a handful of guys may be restoring their Shelby's...and even if OEM ones could be had, they are of an age where the adhesive and overall quality of the vinyl has passed it's prime, so they wouldn't be worth installing anyway :)

-N8

#15 ·
A complete set would be $125 (shipped) a set along with the lower rocker stripes. I would prefer to sell them as full sets and not onesies/twosies because of the required materials needed to print them up.

They would come with application tape installed on top of the decals for installation, as well. The photos are taken before mask was applied.

Thanks
-N8

#18 ·
I would definitely consider it, especially if you could donate the ones in the pics for me to scan and path them from. Don't worry, I can "demask" and "remask" without hurting them, and I would take extreme care and send them back (packaged safely), it would just make the process SOOOO much easier, if they indeed are yours.

-N8

#22 · (Edited)
Hi N8,
Wish I found out you were able to provide a month ago. I searched high and low to find replacement decals for my 87 GLHS. I ended up tracing-measuring and taking pictures of my decals and provided them to a local graphics shop to replicate for me.
What type of material did you or are you using for the decals, 2M or 3M?

Thanks
Hey guys, thanks for the interest. A true magician never reveals his tricks ;) But since I'm not out to "trick" anybody... these are thermally printed onto Avery High Performance A9 series metallic silver vinyl, then contour cut.

@Shelbyrich - If you don't mind me asking.... what did they charge you for this, seeing as it was a 'one off', I'm sure the desktop time alone wasn't pretty per hour. I work at a graphics shop and it's nice to know what competitors are charging for stuff like this, but we do it all of the time. Some jobs are rather tedious.

-N8

#29 ·
why am i not doing it anymore? becuase the moderators gave me a hard time for selling on here without being a paying vendor :)

not bashing so much as wondering why not use the original material. that's all. sorry if i came off rude.

maybe i'm still chapped that i got "busted" by the mods for selling on here previously. ha.

#30 ·
Nathan, you mite not be aware of this but you need to send an email to. sales@autoguide.com to become a vendor on this website to sale products such as this. From what I have heard in the past it's not that expensive. Sorry to say it's a forum policy.

Dennis

#33 ·
Neat to see outside support for our cars. Was a little sad to see that PI didnt have anymore and didnt seem to want to make a run of them without a lot of people wanting them. I bought my Shelby Lancer kit years ago, hope it will still be good in the next year or two. I'm was working on getting the underhood decals done, but have not worked on them in a while. Maybe this winter I will try and find a way to get a proof done.

#37 ·
I just wanted to take a minute and say thanks for the reproduction sticker set I got from member 'natallica' for my 86 GLHS. The decals look great and delivery was fast. The partial set I needed was here in a jiffy and were easy to apply. I recommend his service if you need some reproduction stickers for your GLHS Shelby car(s).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.