Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(5.0 - 20 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    277 Posts
    Hi Johny Mike here Hope your doing fine in this F*#king lock down. Question: I'm tearing into my T4 and found that the intermediate shaft -oil and timing gear is well worn and very pitted from corrosion so im wondering if you had a healthy one I could buy off you or if you knew where i could find one? Thanks Take care.

· Super Moderator
    12,418 Posts
    sorry I don't have one.. I sold my extra motor parts a while ago..

one thing when you find one.. give it a tap "pope" says the older ones will ring like a bell.. the newer T4 era ones just give a dull thud sound

the ones that ring like a bell he said are the good ones

thinkin .. maybe the steel is harder thus the difference in the sound when you tap it (?)
    might also explain the wear - out issue

· Registered
    277 Posts
    Hi Johny do you have any A568 parts?

· Super Moderator
    12,418 Posts
    no sorry I don't

posted my car for sale on turbo mopar .. comes with a brand new 5eighty8 and a new quaife diff ...

· Registered
    277 Posts
    Hi Johny hope all is well.
    Do you know anyone in Canada with a healthy A568 17 spline trany available? I have a small spline and want to upgrade Simsy has one in Scranton PA with 97K on it but thats a 2 day event for me.
    I already sent this to you but not sure if you got it. what are you driving these days?

· Registered
    277 Posts
    Hi Johny I finally stripped my 90 VNT and the head has 4 cracks in the valve crotches would you just shop around for a new one or get it fixed i have no idea of repair pricing or where to go.

· Super Moderator
    12,418 Posts
    hey sorry if I missed this message
    the cracks between the valves are usually benign - they don't lead anywhere
    the solution is to simply peen them shut with a hammer & punch

the guy at the machine shop did mine for free way back .. as he was explaining it all to me..

I think he might have spent more time 'splainin' than tapping with his hammer..
    - it's disturbingly simple
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…