Turbo Dodge Forums : Turbo Dodge Forum for Turbo Mopars, Shelbys, Dodge Daytona, Dodge SRT-4, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Omni and more!

-   Engine - Turbo & Block (https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Threw away the oil restrictor! (https://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f19/1180282-threw-away-oil-restrictor.html)

ILIKESHELBYS 04-17-2017 02:34 PM

Threw away the oil restrictor!

2 Attachment(s)
Have you ever decided to wrap that important and sorta small little part in a piece of paper towel and set it aside on/near the engine it belongs to, only later to be picking up around the shop and entirely by accident, threw it in the friggin' trash!

Well, that is exactly what I did yesterday, I was putting together a fresh 2.2 turbo bottom end for a friend/customer and after working the entire day, while I was picking up the empty gasket boxes, blue shop paper towels, spent RTV tubes, etc...I inadvertently picked up the piece of paper towel I had wrapped the oil restrictor in and threw the lot of it in the trash. Then just about 15 minutes ago, realizing what I had done I raced to the curb and fished it out, and only a few minutes later the trash truck came and emptied the herbie-curbie.

What a Homer moment that almost was. I had visions of having to follow the truck to the dump and sort through my entire neighborhood's trash to find it!

Glhs60 04-17-2017 07:05 PM

Re: Threw away the oil restrictor!

1 Attachment(s)
LOL!!!

Thanks
Randy

ILIKESHELBYS 04-17-2017 07:54 PM

Some days are just meant to be 'Homer Days'...no matter how much rest you got the night before.

Wildwest 04-17-2017 10:04 PM

That certainly wasn't your best side there! 😨

ILIKESHELBYS 04-17-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildwest (Post 4342290)
That certainly wasn't your best side there! 😨

Ha ha ha...Jim you got that right.

EvilcowRoland 04-19-2017 03:56 PM

LoL. Yes, I have done that before. Only, I usually don't realize it until after the trash truck is long gone. You dodged a bullet on that one for sure.

unstable bob 04-20-2017 05:09 PM

One day I had a plastic bag filled with used kitty litter and an identical bag with my lunch in it. Guess which one I threw in the trash...

ILIKESHELBYS 04-20-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unstable bob (Post 4343858)
One day I had a plastic bag filled with used kitty litter and an identical bag with my lunch in it. Guess which one I threw in the trash...

I'm wondering if you ate the miniature snickers bars in your 'lunch bag'. LOL. Eeeeeuuuuuuuu...

unstable bob 04-20-2017 07:35 PM

Nah I was lucky enough to figure out what I did before heading off to lunch